09-05-10, 08:39 PM   #81
Brannwyn
A Defias Bandit

The single biggest Mod that I have missed in the Cata Beta has been Dominos. Having the ability to control those bars and not having those stupid ugly crappy griffins at the ends of my bars would be a godsend. I will dance the happy bananna dance when that is released for Cata.

A close second would be Xperl. Though I have been able to somehow deal with those in the default locations.

SexyMap (or another full featured minimap) has been something have also been missing.

The rest (ie Chocolate Bar and all of the broker addons) are nice icing on the cake, but I CAN live without them.

09-17-10, 09:47 AM   #82
Lane
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
I can get along without most of my addons; even Bartender isn't as big of a loss as it could be. But I'm finding that, on my DK at least, I cannot stand not having an alternate Rune display mod (Mine is Rune Pack).

Also, so much macro functionality has been temporarily removed, it's hard to adjust.
I'm working on Rune Pack right now. IT works for me on the PTR for the most part. The default frame is not hidden and I have a slight delay in rune ready that I am trying to track down. Have you tried using Rune Pack in beta anyway? (I'm not in beta)

09-28-10, 01:32 PM   #83
chanze
A Kobold Labourer
my number one mod missed is grid. Yes the beta frames are pretty and all but when you go down to min scale on the ui the click area of the frames are quite scaling in correctly so with that I have heals going to the wrong people etc which is getting annoying. At this point I would give almost anything to have grid on there

09-28-10, 11:25 PM   #84
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

my number one mod missed is grid. Yes the beta frames are pretty and all but when you go down to min scale on the ui the click area of the frames are quite scaling in correctly so with that I have heals going to the wrong people etc which is getting annoying. At this point I would give almost anything to have grid on there
There's a bunch of raid frames updated for cata already:
Perl Classic, Vuhdo, Healbot, Injector, maybe something else

10-04-10, 10:33 PM   #85
Thortok2000
A Defias Bandit

You know what I miss? Macrotexter. More than any other mod.

Someone said early on in the thread that macros have such power and flexibility. And they do, they really do. Find enough stuff that doesn't activate global cool down and stack it all together with conditionals and stuff and you get some really awesome macros. Macrotexter allows you to build huge macros without a 255 char limit, and without a limit on how many macros you have to begin with, and it hides behind the default UI which looks slightly better than the default UI with a lot of macros on the bar.

If anyone knows of any addon like Macrotexter that works better (current version is a little buggy on live) I would *love* to know about it. =/ And it's so old and unsupported I am going to just mourn and mourn and mourn when 4.0 goes live.

10-04-10, 10:44 PM   #86
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You don't need much for that

SupaMacro = CreateFrame("Button","SupaMacro",UIParent,"SecureActionButtonTemplate")
SupaMacro:SetAttribute("type1","macro")
SupaMacro:SetAttribute("type2","macro")
SupaMacro:SetAttribute("macrotext1",<nearly unlimited macro>)
SupaMacro:SetAttribute("macrotext2",<nearly unlimited macro for right click>)

and then you create usual macro with /click SupaMacro LeftButton

10-04-10, 11:30 PM   #87
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Thortok2000 View Post
If anyone knows of any addon like Macrotexter that works better (current version is a little buggy on live) I would *love* to know about it. =/ And it's so old and unsupported I am going to just mourn and mourn and mourn when 4.0 goes live.
Macaroon is all about macros and creating ones that are longer than 255

Originally Posted by d87 View Post
SupaMacro:SetAttribute("macrotext1",<nearly unlimited macro>)
SupaMacro:SetAttribute("macrotext2",<nearly unlimited macro for right click>)
The macro parser can handle up to 1023 characters, so nearly unlimited if nearly is in the neighborhood of 1023

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-05-10, 02:44 AM   #88
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by nobgul View Post
Mine is healbot or clique or some sort of click casting healing mod =X
Clique also works on Cataclysm, that's why there's a version of it in the Cataclysm category.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

10-05-10, 09:00 AM   #89
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Really miss Stuf and StufRaid.

10-05-10, 10:55 PM   #90
Hoern
Not THAT kind of Orc

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
1having to check the uf's for combo points just stinks.
It's unstunk. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ettoPower.html

10-05-10, 10:56 PM   #91
Hoern
Not THAT kind of Orc

Originally Posted by Maul View Post
The macro parser can handle up to 1023 characters, so nearly unlimited if nearly is in the neighborhood of 1023
Which, incidentally, is also the size of Texas, I hear.

10-09-10, 10:01 PM   #92
Berb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I think the only addon I'm missing now is sFilter.

edit: Hm, nevermind. Some spellIDs may have changed .

Last edited by Berb : 10-09-10 at 10:58 PM.

10-12-10, 02:26 PM   #93
Nananea
A Defias Bandit
wru ElkBuffBars I miss you

10-13-10, 08:16 AM   #94
Larzzon6
A Defias Bandit
X-perl is worst

10-13-10, 08:42 AM   #95
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Auctioneer

*cries himself to sleep*

10-13-10, 09:17 AM   #96
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Necrosis for my lock. Iam so bummed. Now i need to look up what 2 or 3 mods to do the same thing. Plue it was so neat lookin.

Also my Guppet,altholic and diablo orbs.

Last edited by kasca : 10-13-10 at 09:56 AM.

10-13-10, 09:27 AM   #97
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

carbonite...addon I felt in love with and never ditched it

10-13-10, 09:42 AM   #98
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

AutoDecline, The author gave this up awhile ago and i tryed to take over but now I'm stumped

10-13-10, 03:47 PM   #99
Saphirrah
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by S@thi View Post
carbonite...addon I felt in love with and never ditched it
i am really hoping this one comes back and soon.

10-14-10, 12:40 PM   #100
help137
An Aku'mai Servant
Necrosis (PLEASE! Won't somebody fix this!)
TitanPanel Guild
Bagsync

BlessingBar
Sealbar - These two are seriously old, but worked until now. I know how to chaneg the spell names, remove the no-long in place spells, etc, but they then run into the same issue as below.

I've taken a stab at fixing these myself, but obviously the need to change "this" to "self" is not just that. All doing that gets me is a bunch of errors about trying to index a "self", a nil value. And while I've seen explanations of the change intended for the experienced LUA programer, I've not seen one yet for someone who knows programing, but not LUA specifically (i.e. that would be of use to me).

-A

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » What is the #1 addon you are missing most right now.