10-30-07, 09:19 PM   #1
NasmanX
A Kobold Labourer

Question Add-On Request: "Show/Hide Helmet/Cloak hotkey"

Before i made the announced petition i would like to thank everyone making and sharing usefull add-ons. While the core-game is a really good thing, some people ideas have proven to remove those "annoying" things that every game has, taking the gaming experience to another level.
To those investing their personal time for everyone's fun, thanks a lot!

Now...i dont happen to be one of those :P
If everything goes rigth, i will be playing on a RP server with a warrior soon, and i wanted a very simple addon for RP pourposes:
  • The Add-On should allow the player to bind a key for enabling and/or disabling the "Show/Hide Helmet" and the "Show/Hide Cloak" Interface options.

For example: Suposse i go to a town for repairs before questing into an instance. The moment i enter the town i press the hotkey for "Show/Hide Helmet" (let's say....G) and, while i still have the helmet on (and, therefore, all the bonus stats and free bag space :P) the helmet its not displayed.
I get out of town, meet with the rest of my party and get inside the dungeon. The moment i step in i press G, and "whoala", Helmet back on.

The better thing would be that the addon had the following features:
-> Same key binding for "Show/Hide": if the helmet/cloak is being displayed and i press the hotkey it will stop showing it. However, i may press the same key for showing it again (this means, it would be nice for it not to have a "Show" and a "display" key-bind, but some smart way of using the same button for both)
-> An option for "Show/Hide Both": While this wont be used in the daily basis (and, therefore, it isnt really important) it would be nice to have a third option, a way to configure a key to "Show/Hide" both cloak and helmet (following the "use only one button" logic mentioned above), while not changing the individual bindings for Helmet and Cloak. As it was stated before, this isn't really important :P
-> Not a very disturbing UI: It would be nice that the add-on passed "un-noticed" to the unexpecting eye. I prefeer to keep a clean UI.

And, finally: Dunno if it's a usefull piece of information, but i'm using "better key bindings", from the Khaos Add-On pack. Maybe that would make things easyer (specially on the last point).

Hope its not very hard to make.
Thanks for reading and (lets hope) for helping! xD
10-30-07, 09:54 PM   #2
jackbytor
A Fallenroot Satyr

Closest thing I can think of. Still works fine.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-HatTrick.html

adds checkboxes to the char frame to toggle your helm and cloak.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Add-On Request: "Show/Hide Helmet/Cloak hotkey"