09-04-10, 11:23 AM   #1
BethinkWoW
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gain Tracker

I am a statistics buff, so I created the Gain Tracker addon and its associated web site.

Gain Tracker tracks gains achieved in World of Warcraft and provides aggregated statistics.

Currently, Gain Tracker tracks gains in XP and Gold. These gains are further differentiated per class, talent spec, zone, level and rested state. In addition Gain Tracker also tracks the time spent to achieve these gains. With this information Gain Tracker can provide answers to questions such as the following: Gain Tracker works by an in-game addon that records gain data. This data is then uploaded to the Gain Tracker web site. Data contributors get a detailed personal report on the gains they have produced with their characters right after the upload. Apart from that, the Gain Tracker web site displays data only in aggregated form.

Future plans for Gain Tracker include more and improved statistics on the web site and tracking additional information, such as the announced PvE points.

As you can see, the Gain Tracker database would benefit from some more contributions. Please give Gain Tracker a shot and contribute some data. I welcome your feedback on what you would like to see in the addon and on the web site.

Last edited by BethinkWoW : 09-11-10 at 05:44 AM.

09-11-10, 11:11 AM   #2
BethinkWoW
Premium Member
Updated the addon to 1.0.4. This version is now backwards compatible with WoW 3.3.5.

09-12-10, 09:53 AM   #3
Hoern
Not THAT kind of Orc

Not having looked at the source, in how much would sitting in Stormwind or Orgrimmar and working on addons upset the stats? If I play 30 minutes and code three hours, maybe getting some AH cash from the mail box, would that skew the whole path towards "your best way to make money is sit in a capital city"?

09-12-10, 05:32 PM   #4
BethinkWoW
Premium Member
No. Money gained from the mailbox is filtered as it is not really gained but rather transferred. As is AFK time and as are power leveling groups. XP gained is adjusted for the heirlooms. I believe this is it for the adjustments at this time.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » Gain Tracker