08-30-12, 09:46 AM   #321
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by kiingz View Post
My knowledge on this is pretty much naught so this might not make any sense.
Is it possible to add just a plain RBG/Hex input field keep and it separate from the existing picker, kinda like an "either / or" setup. That way you wouldn't need to modify the built in one or build your own, it's easy enough for users to find color codes on the internet themselves.
I use ElvUI as the base for my UI, and this is how the Powa color picker looks for me:

http://i.imgur.com/yy8h7.jpg?1

Now I don't know if that's something you'd be willing to do, or if there's a standalone version of the picker modification, but it's certainly possible to modify it "across the board".

Edit: a quick googling produced this: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/colorpickerplus

08-30-12, 11:57 AM   #322
Adalace
A Murloc Raider

After spending time learning the new UI and getting used to it, I can say I like it a lot. I can now make new auras easily and quickly. There are people having issues with the UI but I think they may come to like it if they take the time to adjust to it.

08-30-12, 12:16 PM   #323
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Has anyone played around with custom triggers? I'd like to see a few examples. I want to make
a custom trigger that will work by actionbar page number. So make a texture aura only pop up if you're on the 4th actionbar page.

GetActionBarPage()

So using the function above how would I make a custom trigger to work off actionbar pages? I know lua, but I don't the arguments that are passed and passed back.

08-30-12, 12:25 PM   #324
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by galvin View Post
Has anyone played around with custom triggers? I'd like to see a few examples. I want to make
a custom trigger that will work by actionbar page number. So make a texture aura only pop up if you're on the 4th actionbar page.

GetActionBarPage()

So using the function above how would I make a custom trigger to work off actionbar pages? I know lua, but I don't the arguments that are passed and passed back.
Not sure how curse likes linking to direct comments, but here's a word from the author:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/powe...c?page=3#c3636

08-30-12, 12:32 PM   #325
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
A simpler example for that custom trigger request:

1) Create the custom trigger and head to the events page, then add an event. (Image)

2) Using this resource, find the appropriate event. In this case it's 'ACTIONBAR_PAGE_CHANGED', so enter that name into the event name box and press enter. (Image)

3) Leave the Automatic mode checked, we don't need custom handling.

4) Head to the Trigger page and you'll see this lovely block of code. (Image)

5) Replace it with this. The idea is it'll activate if our current page is #4. (Image)

6) Add a display with that particular trigger. (Image)

7) Test! (Image)

08-30-12, 12:37 PM   #326
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Thanks, this addon is on its way to becoming the #1 addon for WoW

08-30-12, 12:38 PM   #327
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Honestly, it's comments like that which keep me going - I was seriously debating just giving up earlier

On a side note, I've tried turning off curse comment notifications but some reason it's still insisting on tormenting me with them. I'm basically just ignoring them now.

08-30-12, 02:54 PM   #328
Adalace
A Murloc Raider

Here's something I noticed which is somewhat unintuitive and may or may not be intended *shrug*.

I made a cooldown triggered aura for Freeze, which is a water elemental pet spell. I checked the box to use the spell's own icon as the aura graphic. Here's the issue: if the "Known" (I think that's what it's called) checkbox is checked, then the aura graphic remains the default "W" icon but the aura still otherwise works as intended. If the "Known" checkbox is unchecked, then the aura graphic uses the Freeze icon properly and the aura still works as intended.

Honestly I could see it go either way, because technically the player doesn't know the ability, but it also does not seem intuitive to have the aura still work fine while the graphic does not appear properly.

You are totally not allowed to stop developing this addon. I don't know what I'd do without it.

08-30-12, 02:56 PM   #329
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I think I fixed that in the next release - but I'm not sure.

Edit: Anything after this edit will get a response tomorrow.

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-30-12 at 03:38 PM.

08-30-12, 06:15 PM   #330
Sug
A Defias Bandit
So i didnt read that whole post but maybe I can be enlightened here..
I have been trying to set up a dot counter to show the "animation" 3 seconds before the dot expires on target with a numeric timer but sadly i havent been able to with this new version. was super easy in other version but i didnt quite catch it on this new one
Can i get a hint?

08-30-12, 06:34 PM   #331
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Sug View Post
So i didnt read that whole post but maybe I can be enlightened here..
I have been trying to set up a dot counter to show the "animation" 3 seconds before the dot expires on target with a numeric timer but sadly i havent been able to with this new version. was super easy in other version but i didnt quite catch it on this new one
Can i get a hint?
It sounds like you want a Timer aura. Click the "+" on the browser for a new aura. Then in the aura editor window, click the "+ New Display" button and select Timer. I think the part you're missing is the Support Trigger:

Activation -> Support Triggers (cycle through with the arrow buttons) -> Timer

Check "Enable".

Match type "Time Remaining"
Operator "<="
Match "3"

Last edited by Dalmasca1 : 08-30-12 at 06:42 PM.

08-30-12, 06:43 PM   #332
Sug
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Dalmasca1 View Post
It sounds like you want a Timer aura. Click the "+" on the browser for a new aura. Then in the aura editor window, click the "+ New Display" button and select Timer. I think the part you're missing is the Support Trigger:

Activation -> Support Triggers (cycle through with the arrow buttons) -> Timer

Check "Enable".

Match type "Time Remaining"
Operator "<="
Match "3"
i did that.. doesnt work

08-30-12, 06:49 PM   #333
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So is it possible for a text aura to update with a current health/power value on the fly?

I see that you have "TODO:Substitutions" on the text input box, so I'm assuming something like that is NYI.

08-30-12, 06:55 PM   #334
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Sug View Post
i did that.. doesnt work
First step, make sure you have the updated version, RC3. I continually forget to check that when I report a problem.

It should work for you if you followed those steps. I just did it myself, in fact.

Did you set the Main Trigger too? I omitted it from the steps because it seemed like you already got that down.

Under Activation, you should be able to set the Main Trigger as "Unit Buff/Debuff", then set the Buff/Debuff Matches to your dot of choice (use the window button at the right side of the dialog box and be sure to hit Apply). Then make sure your type is set to "Debuff" in the dropdown box, and your Unit is "Target", not Player.

08-30-12, 07:13 PM   #335
Sug
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Dalmasca1 View Post
First step, make sure you have the updated version, RC3. I continually forget to check that when I report a problem.

It should work for you if you followed those steps. I just did it myself, in fact.

Did you set the Main Trigger too? I omitted it from the steps because it seemed like you already got that down.

Under Activation, you should be able to set the Main Trigger as "Unit Buff/Debuff", then set the Buff/Debuff Matches to your dot of choice (use the window button at the right side of the dialog box and be sure to hit Apply). Then make sure your type is set to "Debuff" in the dropdown box, and your Unit is "Target", not Player.
yep i had all that down except for one little detail.. both "player" and "target" were checked, thanks alot, you have been a great help!

Last edited by Sug : 08-30-12 at 07:23 PM.

08-30-12, 07:42 PM   #336
Friednug
A Kobold Labourer
So I am trying to setup a stacks Display for Shadow Infusion. The issue I am having is in the activation section for the stacks display, I can not get the invert checkbox to stay unchecked. Just wanted to find out if someone could offer some assistance to help me resolve this. I had a buddy that set this up last night, although it was for his warlocks backdraft, today he is telling me his stacks do no work either.

08-30-12, 08:16 PM   #337
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Friednug View Post
So I am trying to setup a stacks Display for Shadow Infusion. The issue I am having is in the activation section for the stacks display, I can not get the invert checkbox to stay unchecked. Just wanted to find out if someone could offer some assistance to help me resolve this. I had a buddy that set this up last night, although it was for his warlocks backdraft, today he is telling me his stacks do no work either.
As I said in the previous post- the first thing to do is check that your version is updated. Changes and bug fixes are being made frequently.

Are you making a standalone Stacks display, or one that is tied to a parent Texture display? (It would inherit all the activation triggers of the Texture, and simply display at the same time).

08-30-12, 09:22 PM   #338
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Friednug View Post
It was fast-fixed for a much-asked for feature, and can easily be bugged. The next version has good chances of fixing this.

08-30-12, 11:43 PM   #339
Dulci
A Murloc Raider
Sorry if someone mentioned this already, but I couldn't get Debuff type increased magic damage to work. When someone had Curse of the Elements up (cast by me or someone else), it never recognized it.

08-30-12, 11:45 PM   #340
Dulci
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by kiingz View Post
2: I couldn't find a way to disable/enable auras or individual displays, is this not implemented yet or am I being a moron and simply not seeing any button to do so?
If you turn on the Advanced Editor, you can delete everything in sequence (e.g. "1&2") to temporarily turn it off.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0