04-08-10, 05:08 AM   #1
Aequi
A Cyclonian
[PRAT] Filtering out messages from people not online or below level X?

I use PRAT chat mod.

Basicly i have a "global" chat tab, where i enable channels on when-ever i need to pug something (wish people would use /rb - the raidbrowser) - which mostly means that i start to recieve messages from trade and lfg chat channels.

Would it be possible to have Prat filter out any messages from people that are below a sertain level? Or filter them out if they are not found (by a /who)?
...if prat could, i would proberbly apply it to whisper also.

It would possibly be abit expensive to /who everyone that i recieve messages from, but i could proberbly live with it, since i useally turn trade/lfg on and off as needed.

Was partly inspired but one of the april fools jokes with the tekst "your equipment potential is not high enough to message this player".
04-08-10, 07:41 AM   #2
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How can you recieve messages from people that aren't online

Anyway, you can't /who just as much as you like, you will get disconnected.
04-08-10, 09:13 AM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Actually ,there's a limit on how often you can /who - every 5 seconds or so.
04-08-10, 12:23 PM   #4
Aequi
A Cyclonian
darn... (did't know that about /who)
Oh well. You think we could get Blizzard to include info on sender as meta-data on a message... would make filtering much easier.

On the messages from someone not online... Often if i try to who someone spamming goldseller crap on tradechannel i just get a "0 people..."

So thats why i included that, its been said before that they sometimes deploy extra-ordinary methodes to do things fast - creating toon, logon, spam, logoff, delete - besides i code C# - was thinking about what to do if function returned a null value
04-08-10, 12:53 PM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Don't bother /who'ing gold spam - just right-click their name and report. Them going offline that fast is largely because other people report them, and that gets kicked off real fast. :>
04-08-10, 02:17 PM   #6
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Alternatively, try using Bad Boy + Bad Boy: Filters by Level + Bad Boy: CCleaner

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » [PRAT] Filtering out messages from people not online or below level X?