08-17-10, 03:15 PM   #3101
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can simply place your UF to the right and place target to the left? It's strange but has been done before. (fujiUI for example)

08-17-10, 03:45 PM   #3102
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

What I have so far. I am probably changing it up a lot though as I'm starting to get less than satisfied with it. Any ideas?
It mostly consists of my own AddOns, with some stuff like aTooltip and Cassone being from others. I'm quite happy with it, but as I said it's probably being changed.

I am thinking of a gray theme, I've fallen back to those before.

08-19-10, 12:10 AM   #3103
boomboom
A Fallenroot Satyr
Gorgeous Wimpface, gorgeous.

08-19-10, 06:26 AM   #3104
Dawn
A Molten Giant

@Wimpface

You might consider putting the players auras on the player frame if you have a "bottom heavy" layout. I think they look to lonely over there if the map is moved away.

I'd like to see a smaller ToT, too. Or different position maybe. *cough*

The minimap looks either to close to the border of the screen or not far away enough. I would either put it exactly at the border (with the maps 1px border still visible) or move it as far away as it is away from the bottom.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, looks as clean as one would expect from you.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

08-19-10, 07:04 AM   #3105
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
Gorgeous Wimpface, gorgeous.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
@Wimpface

You might consider putting the players auras on the player frame if you have a "bottom heavy" layout. I think they look to lonely over there if the map is moved away.

I'd like to see a smaller ToT, too. Or different position maybe. *cough*

The minimap looks either to close to the border of the screen or not far away enough. I would either put it exactly at the border (with the maps 1px border still visible) or move it as far away as it is away from the bottom.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, looks as clean as one would expect from you.
Thanks Dawn for your input!
I've since that screenshot fixed so that I see important temporary buffs above my playerframe but I'm still keeping the buffs up there. I don't know why, but I can't have my buffs anywhere else on the screen. It doesn't work.

The ToT is something I don't know how I want to do, as I have a pet frame the exact same on the left side of my playerframe. It's something I'd be willing to experiment with but only after everything else is done. I'm definitly making it smaller though.

As for the minimap, the idea was to make it 1 pixel above the bottom bar, as that's something I've gone with before and I think it looks decent. For some reason, even running the pixel perfect UI scale, it's got no bottom border if I do that which makes it look terrible. I'll get around to fixing this eventually.

Also pointing out that I've hidden the action bar since that screenshot, as it shouldn't be showing in the first place.

Thanks for your input, especially on the minimap. I'm probably stripping the bottom bar / making a top bar aswell to get some symmetry.

08-19-10, 07:08 AM   #3106
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Looks good, Wimpface. I would try changing your chat font though, the default one is ugly without a backdrop and doesn't really fit into your style.

Right now the unitframes look a little plain. Perhaps you could add power colours to the power bar too, or simply make it white - white looks good with any class colour.

08-19-10, 07:27 AM   #3107
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Looks good, Wimpface. I would try changing your chat font though, the default one is ugly without a backdrop and doesn't really fit into your style.

Right now the unitframes look a little plain. Perhaps you could add power colours to the power bar too, or simply make it white - white looks good with any class colour.
That's not the default That's Calibri Bold, but I used to have Semplice regular. I'm probably changing to Supernatural2 whenever I get the chance though. Semplice was good, but just not that ultraclean I want the chat to be.

The unitframes were supposed to look plain, that's what I was going for. But it quickly gets boring so I'm probably changing the powerbar to white as you said. That, or it gets to stay classcolored with the healthbar going gray.

I'm still unsure of which direction I want to go with this UI, so everyones input is appreciated!

08-19-10, 09:22 AM   #3108
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
I've since that screenshot fixed so that I see important temporary buffs above my playerframe but I'm still keeping the buffs up there. I don't know why, but I can't have my buffs anywhere else on the screen. It doesn't work.
I have the same problem, still trying to get used to auras on the player frame. What helps me getting used to it, is increasing the size of the auras. And reducing it "to normal" once I managed to keep looking there instead of the corner.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

08-19-10, 09:45 AM   #3109
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

If I corect I read something a while back about Skada & Minimap swapping in combat. Does anyone still have info on that.

I could not find it. And would like to hide my minimap in combat and show skada thread instead.

Even one more, ist there something linke tinydps that only shows thread?

08-19-10, 09:55 AM   #3110
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

here is my UI added castbar for focus ;>

and trying to add this to the player castbar like this http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw38103.png

08-19-10, 09:55 AM   #3111
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
If I corect I read something a while back about Skada & Minimap swapping in combat. Does anyone still have info on that.

I could not find it. And would like to hide my minimap in combat and show skada thread instead.

Code:
local f = CreateFrame('Frame')
f:RegisterEvent('PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED')
f:RegisterEvent('PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED')
f:SetScript('OnEvent', function()
	if event == 'PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED' then
		Minimap:Hide()
		SkadasFrameNameHere:Show()
	elseif event == 'PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED' then
		Minimap:Show()
		SkadasFrameNameHere:Hide()
	end
end)
EDIT: Posted way too fast, change the red lines yourself as I don't know what Skadas main window is called. Put this in any addon and you should be set to go.

Last edited by Wimpface : 08-19-10 at 09:57 AM.

08-19-10, 09:56 AM   #3112
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Quokka View Post

1) KongUI hider can be used to hide the minimap in combat, skada has an option to only show up in combat (at least I think so), just place them in the same spot
2) sThreatMeter

08-19-10, 10:26 AM   #3113
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thanks you both for the quick reply

In this case im going to look into sThreatMeter since I don't realy care about dps, Wenn I'm not doing a raid where it's more off a frag fest.
and less cpu cycles are more intressting to me than a bluk off information

08-19-10, 03:43 PM   #3114
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Updated layout with the wonderful NibComboPoints, bloom disabled for the screenshot.

08-19-10, 05:35 PM   #3115
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Leitka View Post
Updated layout with the wonderful NibComboPoints, bloom disabled for the screenshot.
What font are you using for the majority of you UI? (UFs, Lynstats-esque mod, etc)

08-19-10, 05:37 PM   #3116
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Zagrei View Post
What font are you using for the majority of you UI? (UFs, Lynstats-esque mod, etc)
Samson_Thin set to monochrome. I wouldn't recommend using it anything but monochrome at that size. :P

08-19-10, 05:46 PM   #3117
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Leitka View Post
Samson_Thin set to monochrome. I wouldn't recommend using it anything but monochrome at that size. :P
Awesome, thanks It's quite nifty

08-19-10, 06:12 PM   #3118
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Updated, then I cried some of joy, reskinned a few blizzard frames such as the gm ticket frame with inspiration from Freethinker and some code from TukUI.

Again, action bar isn't supposed to show, forgot to hide it after I changed a keybinding.
I'm quite happy with this now. Spread things out to make it more symmetrical, made minimap hide in combat and sThreatMeter show up instead.
Fixed chat font to match the rest of my UI. Fixed a panel for the chat to fit more into the style of the UI.
I'm now about to hide the playerframe out of combat/no target chosen. Will be sex.
I also have to fix that yucky tooltip. Looks too default, fixing the font and a border/background alpha thingy.

I'll get a screenshot with raidframes up eventually.

CC NAO!

EDIT: Picture of the main menu, looks exactly like Freethinkers.

Last edited by Wimpface : 08-19-10 at 06:17 PM.

08-19-10, 06:20 PM   #3119
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

Is that skinner or did you manually make those textures? (last picture)
Whatever it is. I want it So either upload the saved variables for skinner or upload the re-skinned frames
You can do so in a private message if you do not feel like sharing.

Last edited by sacrife : 08-19-10 at 06:28 PM.

08-19-10, 06:38 PM   #3120
maurdr
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
Updated, then I cried some of joy, reskinned a few blizzard frames such as the gm ticket frame with inspiration from Freethinker and some code from TukUI.

Again, action bar isn't supposed to show, forgot to hide it after I changed a keybinding.
I'm quite happy with this now. Spread things out to make it more symmetrical, made minimap hide in combat and sThreatMeter show up instead.
Fixed chat font to match the rest of my UI. Fixed a panel for the chat to fit more into the style of the UI.
I'm now about to hide the playerframe out of combat/no target chosen. Will be sex.
I also have to fix that yucky tooltip. Looks too default, fixing the font and a border/background alpha thingy.

I'll get a screenshot with raidframes up eventually.

CC NAO!

EDIT: Picture of the main menu, looks exactly like Freethinkers.
id love you eternally if you were willing to share that UI with the public.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...