Artifact
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oUF_Nivea.html

09-30-10, 08:46 AM   #3642
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ok my UI.

After the latest iterations on oUF_Lumen. oUF_lumen + nMainBar + rMinimap + rBuff + Skada + gTweaks.

Any thoughts? Probably doesn't follow the usual trend of super Miniamlist Interfaces, but this is "The Way I like it"! ^^

09-30-10, 09:07 AM   #3643
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

I don't really see the point of that small stretched 3d portrait though I guess it's usable in some way.

The dps meter has a different texture and the quest frame should be aligned more to the right to fit the minimap.

Other than that, nice consistency, I like it.

09-30-10, 09:41 AM   #3644
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by sacrife View Post
I don't really see the point of that small stretched 3d portrait though I guess it's usable in some way.

The dps meter has a different texture and the quest frame should be aligned more to the right to fit the minimap.

Other than that, nice consistency, I like it.
Thanks. I don't really like my UniFrame Texture on Skada, it makes it less readable. The 3D Portrait helps identifying targets in a glance, well, some at least, but more than that is an Info Panel that happens to have a3D Portrait background to make it cooler. :P

Thanks.

09-30-10, 09:58 AM   #3645
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by neverg View Post
After the latest iterations on oUF_Lumen. oUF_lumen + nMainBar + rMinimap + rBuff + Skada + gTweaks.

Any thoughts? Probably doesn't follow the usual trend of super Miniamlist Interfaces, but this is "The Way I like it"! ^^
Have you thought about having your UF and Skada texture color match the dark gray (& class colored text) you have for HB? Would probably be easier to read, and look a lot more coordinated style wise.

Just my 2 cents.

09-30-10, 10:02 AM   #3646
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Have you thought about having your UF and Skada texture color match the dark gray (& class colored text) you have for HB? Would probably be easier to read, and look a lot more coordinated style wise.

Just my 2 cents.
That's a neat idea. Haven't thought about it. Never gave much importante to Damage Meters but since I'm using now might as well tune it. Thanks.

09-30-10, 12:12 PM   #3647
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Looks nice, except for the unitframes (and damage meter) standing out from the rest of the interface, due to an entirely different color/border style. While I would keep the dark glowy border, I'd definitely get rid of class colored bars and class colored names instead. Just like what your party frames look like.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

09-30-10, 02:54 PM   #3648
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Looks nice, except for the unitframes (and damage meter) standing out from the rest of the interface, due to an entirely different color/border style. While I would keep the dark glowy border, I'd definitely get rid of class colored bars and class colored names instead. Just like what your party frames look like.
Ye, most people do prefer darker backgrounds. I prefer it for Raid Frames due to "inverted HP". I like to show Full HP as "filled" so I prefer to see color to identify a class quicker in PvP. I do like consistency but not at the cost of readability, it's a personal preferece, but thanks for your advice, Dawn. Appreciated.

10-01-10, 12:38 PM   #3649
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Huge changes! Meet HaoriUI v2. v1 is still saved since it was stable and this one isn't close to done, but I really like this.
Pixelfonts scrapped for now, Skullflowers UI uploaded on this site sure was great inspiration. It's fantastic.

Omen shows in combat, Recount takes it's place out of combat.

Photoshopped this together a week back or so, I like it though this idea has been scrapped aswell. The reason I'm bringing it up is... I'm not sure if I should do those partyframes or not!

I think it could fit in somewhat into my UI. Not sure yet. Inspiration on those partyframes was from Led++.

Comments? I like it a lot so far!

PS: Colors might be skewed, since it's customized after what I see and I'm running bloom effects that don't show up in screenshots unless I use an external program such as Fraps to do it.
Though I've turned the effects on and off, so I know it looks somewhat decent without bloom. Don't comment on colors for now.

10-02-10, 01:23 AM   #3650
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Actually those party frames are by Lyn. he once showed me a concept of his UI (when he didn't play anymore) and I basically made them.

Anyway I like the bottom screenshot (not just the party frames). But I don't see why you need to have like 30 player debuffs. Mostly when you have over 5 you're doing something very wrong or you're dead. (PvE wise that is). But even for PvP it seems a bit much and the icons are probably to small to even recognize decently.

But I like the concept. Oh and the target castbar font should be smaller too imo.

I myself am working on a new UI too btw. I'll post some WIP screenshots, but as it indicates, it's very far from done. Things are still off/not configured well etc. But it probably gives you a feeling.

Also I never had any problems with uploading screenshots that include the Bloom mod. I don't use a special program for it or anything. Just press print-screen like you normally would and the Bloom screenshot gets saved in your Warcraft folder while the non bloom screenshot gets saved in your Screenshots folder.

Anyway, pictures (with lots and lots of kgpanels -.-*)

http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_10_1_21_59_6pfay.png - party
http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_10_1_20_38_567cqb.png - showing different stuff
http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_10_1_21_18_52wh8g.png - bags

10-02-10, 01:45 AM   #3651
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

Tbh you dont really need kgpanels, you can just create simple frames with backdrops to create the exact same effect.

Code:
-- bottompanel
local bp = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, UIParent)
bp:SetFrameStrata("BACKGROUND")
bp:SetWidth(1922) --Extra wide by 2 pixels to hide the border here
bp:SetHeight(14)
bp:SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, 0, -1) -- y-1 to hide the bottomborder
bp:SetBackdrop{ 
	bgFile = "Interface\\Buttons\\White8x8", 
	edgeFile = "Interface\\Buttons\\White8x8", 
	edgeSize =1,
        insets = { left = 0,right = 0,top = -1,bottom = 0} -- -1 top to simulate the "oreo" effect.
	}
bp:SetBackdropBorderColor(0,0.85,0,0.85)
bp:SetBackdropColor(0,0,0,0.5)

10-02-10, 02:56 AM   #3652
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
Actually those party frames are by Lyn. he once showed me a concept of his UI (when he didn't play anymore) and I basically made them.

Anyway I like the bottom screenshot (not just the party frames). But I don't see why you need to have like 30 player debuffs. Mostly when you have over 5 you're doing something very wrong or you're dead. (PvE wise that is). But even for PvP it seems a bit much and the icons are probably to small to even recognize decently.

But I like the concept. Oh and the target castbar font should be smaller too imo.

I myself am working on a new UI too btw. I'll post some WIP screenshots, but as it indicates, it's very far from done. Things are still off/not configured well etc. But it probably gives you a feeling.

Also I never had any problems with uploading screenshots that include the Bloom mod. I don't use a special program for it or anything. Just press print-screen like you normally would and the Bloom screenshot gets saved in your Warcraft folder while the non bloom screenshot gets saved in your Screenshots folder.

Anyway, pictures (with lots and lots of kgpanels -.-*)

http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_10_1_21_59_6pfay.png - party
http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_10_1_20_38_567cqb.png - showing different stuff
http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_10_1_21_18_52wh8g.png - bags
The party frames Lyn did back then (which he showed me aswell, so I know which ones you're referring to) aren't exactly what I mean. But they utilize the same concept, you're right in that.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear, I won't be doing the bottom screenshot at all, and was looking for comments on the upper screenshot.

I really like your new UI, might be the best one you've ever done in my opinion. (I really like the bars on top and on the bottom of your action bars, and how you use that style everywhere)
What I don't understand is why you're showing your name twice in the last screenshot.
Looks really good, though.

10-02-10, 03:52 AM   #3653
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Abit update on my UI

10-02-10, 04:14 AM   #3654
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by sacrife View Post
Tbh you dont really need kgpanels, you can just create simple frames with backdrops to create the exact same effect.
]
I know, it's just that for me it's like reading the Koran, in Chinese, through a mirror, on LSD.

The party frames Lyn did back then (which he showed me aswell, so I know which ones you're referring to) aren't exactly what I mean. But they utilize the same concept, you're right in that.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear, I won't be doing the bottom screenshot at all, and was looking for comments on the upper screenshot.
I understand, it's just that I like the bottom screenshot more

I really like your new UI, might be the best one you've ever done in my opinion. (I really like the bars on top and on the bottom of your action bars, and how you use that style everywhere)
What I don't understand is why you're showing your name twice in the last screenshot.
Looks really good, though

Thanks, I like the style too, but still have to work on UF's, procs, cooldowns etc.

And it doesn't show my name twice in reality. The left one is target name which changes to HPPercent when below 99%hp. And the right one is the name of the ToT. Which is also the small bar below the target UF.

But like I said, I'm probably going to do somethign different with the UF's.

10-02-10, 04:24 AM   #3655
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

I gave you the exact code to create a panel, just mess with position and size and colors

10-02-10, 04:40 AM   #3656
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Yeah but where do I put it, what addon? How do I do it for minimap, actionbars, how do I parent them to DXE boss bars, how do I make it so they're perfect when TinyDPS show 2 people but also perfect when I show 20 people ...

kgPanels may not be perfect (like the whole tinydps thing etc, now it looks crap with less then 5 people on DPS meter), but it's easy for lua noobs like me. The parenting is quite easy etc.

I could do more and probably better if I knew lua. But I just don't.

Appreciate the help tho.

10-02-10, 04:43 AM   #3657
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
It's easy really.

http://www.wowwiki.com/API_CreateFrame

This is what I use for TinyDPS for example:

Code:
		local bg = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, dummybar)
		bg:SetBackdrop({
			bgFile = FreeUI.backdrop,
			edgeFile = FreeUI.backdrop,
			edgeSize = 1,
		})
		bg:SetBackdropColor(0, 0, 0, .4)
		bg:SetBackdropBorderColor(0, 0, 0)
		bg:SetFrameStrata("BACKGROUND")
		bg:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", dummybar, -1, 1)
		bg:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", dummybar, 1, -1)
In the dummybar section.

10-02-10, 05:05 AM   #3658
jasje
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
Yeah but where do I put it, what addon? How do I do it for minimap, actionbars, how do I parent them to DXE boss bars, how do I make it so they're perfect when TinyDPS show 2 people but also perfect when I show 20 people ...

kgPanels may not be perfect (like the whole tinydps thing etc, now it looks crap with less then 5 people on DPS meter), but it's easy for lua noobs like me. The parenting is quite easy etc.

I could do more and probably better if I knew lua. But I just don't.

Appreciate the help tho.
I used iTrennlinie in my compilation, really simple to edit, here's a link to my interface: Link
Good luck

Tukui | Github

10-02-10, 09:57 AM   #3659
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Right made some changes again. (still kgPanels tho )

changes:
Reworked UF's. Target and party Perchp only shows when lost health. Easier to see on the fly who has lost health.
Changed TinyDPS so it only shows my DPS/damage/whatever. different place.
Pet actionbar is under the other actionbars, shows up on mouseover and also has a line below it.
Removed mana bars. Things like that.

http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_10_2_15_50_44f56s.png

Still have to configure Boss timers and raidframes etc.

10-02-10, 06:58 PM   #3660
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
This is what I've been using... Same ole' Svelte UI! lol but I got arid of the Pixel fonts and back to what I really enjoyed for a long time is Helvetica.

No raid shots for now... I'm awaiting to join one lol. I just got my computer up and running after it not working for about a month.

Still working on it, I plan to update Svelte UI and my oUF layout soon. I'm using oUF with my oUF Svelte, VuhDo, kgPanels, SBF Options, MidgetMap, Chatter, MSBT, saftExperienceBar, Bartender, omniCC, Chocolatebar with Broker_Everything as the basic AddOns.

(off topic - if asked, my oUF layout does come with raid/party and buff/debuffs, I just add it as an option on the top of the Lua. Current oUF Svelte is NOT updated yet...)

Comments, suggestions, constructive criticism welcome!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...