01-04-11, 02:19 AM   #4681
Wickedshifts
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Landrell View Post
Finally got around to throwing the basics up so you can see what it would look like put together. I'll probably upload it here soon for you all to play around with for those interested.
/gasp! Holy cow that is REALLY nice! Im using TukUI right now, and seeing your UF & UI design gave me chills!

great Job! Can't wait to see tha rest.

01-04-11, 03:01 AM   #4682
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Oraknathal View Post
are you Using Tap2 texure for bars and ufs??
Tap2 for everything yes.

01-04-11, 04:02 AM   #4683
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
I REALLY want to play with those when you're finished, lol. You ARE going to upload textures/UI when finished? Please?
Me, too!

01-04-11, 05:29 AM   #4684
groin
A Cyclonian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by eiszeit View Post
Me, too!
have you a tutorial about how to add shadow background to buff,treathmeter and in all those cases where you can not use kgpanel?

I would like to begin by adding the effect as in your picture and then create a different and more personal effect.

01-04-11, 12:13 PM   #4685
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Rosoaa View Post
Thanks bro, I aim to be different. The ones below the minimap are buffs and the ones next to my character are player buffs casted by me and target debuffs casted by me, excluding auras.

I just updated it again today, and added some really nice raid frames

The icons above my character in this screenshot are the targets buffs. I think I need a new place for them what do you think? Also the icons above my player UF are debuffs.
I normally don't have target buffs enabled... but with your layout, it does work really well. The only position I had in mind, would be next to the ones on the right side of your character in the SS. Sorry, I'm at work and not in the UI frame of mind just yet. I definitely will try to recreate this one and see how mine comes out.

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 View Post
I was using Aurora, by Haleth. I definitely recommend it if you don't have your quest log, or any text or bars sitting behind those windows. It shows right through.
I'll try using Aurora, for sure. Thanks again!

01-04-11, 01:03 PM   #4686
Patramix
A Kobold Labourer
Hi everyone

been looking at this thread for a long time, figured its about time i posted a screen myself.

my classic UI slightly changed because of Cata, still need to work on a few mods and such as some dont play nice anymore.

using Quest guru in this pic, but it doesnt play nice with carbonite i think, causing problems.

also need to find out what is breaking TipTac (tool tips) mods.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010311_143147.jpg
Views:	796
Size:	644.6 KB
ID:	5546  

01-04-11, 03:41 PM   #4687
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
Thats just sexy.
Agreed~
message too short

01-04-11, 04:25 PM   #4688
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

So here is the final result. Still messing with the party bar sizings, but that's where it will be. Cast Bar is just above the action bars and tips are located in the top right corner.

I will be uploading the textures for those that were interested in playing with them. Hope you all enjoy them!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010411_162212.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	371.5 KB
ID:	5549  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010411_162230.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	353.0 KB
ID:	5550  

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!

01-04-11, 04:30 PM   #4689
Dawn
A Molten Giant

I will be uploading the textures for those that were interested in playing with them. Hope you all enjoy them!
That would be me!

Looks awesome.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

01-04-11, 05:59 PM   #4690
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Starting back on the thundercats theme. I am not too sure about this set up. As much as it looks cool it just gets in the way. I think I might have to go back to my original idea and just mimic the player frame for the target frame. What do you guys think?

Here is the original idea

Landrell: That is amazing! Incredible work. You put my UIs to shame. Love that theme. Great job

01-04-11, 06:12 PM   #4691
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Don't knock yourself, Elloria! You're one of the reasons why I started down the path of texturing UI's, believe it or not. I rather like the second on that you've done since it's not entirely in the way, but it still holds true to the theme!

Currently working on a second theme, the MCP of the Tron Tribute. Going for a more slick, yet dark look with the steep slants and lines.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tron4.png
Views:	727
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	5551  

Last edited by Landrell : 01-04-11 at 06:15 PM.

01-04-11, 06:17 PM   #4692
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Thank you Landrell I still have a ways to go on this one. I can always make the 2nd try available as an alternate look. Thanks for your input!

Extremely talented! That red theme is sweet. I don't have any complaints or suggestions lol you make it hard to add anything to it. Looks great as is.

Last edited by Elloria : 01-04-11 at 06:28 PM.

01-05-11, 01:29 AM   #4693
groin
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
Tap2 for everything yes.
what font do you use? i have your sharemedia and i found a lot of nice fonts but i have a problem to visualize them.

i'm using stuf now but i see all my pixel , and not, fonts very "fat" and not for outline settings.
i don't understand why i see fonts like hooge in this way, "fat", thick.

can you help me?some ideas?

another question :P

do you use coolline for cd or forte bar? i think you use coolline, but how can you have a gray background and the cds bar of another color? in this shot can you see the coolline of different colors
http://h-4.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_110910_2216qsp.jpg

and finally one final question

how do you put the 1pixel border to every stuff raid frames like in this shot?have you a 1pixel border like pixelskin for BF to use with stuff, in case can you share it?

thanks a lot.

Last edited by groin : 01-05-11 at 02:33 AM.

01-05-11, 02:41 AM   #4694
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Another screenshot with 10 man raid, i plan to take out grid for Stuf Raid soon, just haven't had time to edit it up.

Any thoughts?

The Squares on the left of the player are my deadly poison stacks/Holy Power/soul shard etc and on the right of the target is my Combo points. Thought it looked a lil pretty.

Need to border my threat bars again it seems, change opacity for dark-er dungeons.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010511_033242.png
Views:	770
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	5552  

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 01-05-11 at 02:44 AM.

01-05-11, 02:49 AM   #4695
jolenes03
A Defias Bandit
Holy Cow

I am a total newb at this UI and HUD and interface stuff but I totally hate the generic in game UI and am looking for a good one as well. I really like the look of yours Landrell. I am just wondering how you guys make them. I am sure coding is involved, but other than that WOW is all i can say. Please help a newb out.

01-05-11, 03:01 AM   #4696
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Working with the Tron layout. This is just the start. I think I will need more textures though. Not real happy with the size of healbot. And I could not get my oUF layout to fix in the Unit Frame panels. But its a work in progress.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tron1.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	5553  

01-05-11, 03:02 AM   #4697
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by groin View Post
what font do you use? i have your sharemedia and i found a lot of nice fonts but i have a problem to visualize them.

i'm using stuf now but i see all my pixel , and not, fonts very "fat" and not for outline settings.
i don't understand why i see fonts like hooge in this way, "fat", thick.

can you help me?some ideas?

another question :P

do you use coolline for cd or forte bar? i think you use coolline, but how can you have a gray background and the cds bar of another color? in this shot can you see the coolline of different colors

and finally one final question

how do you put the 1pixel border to every stuff raid frames like in this shot?have you a 1pixel border like pixelskin for BF to use with stuff, in case can you share it?

thanks a lot.
The font is indeed Hooge for the UF's. You have to set them in Outline - Monochrome and edit the shadow values so they lie under the text so to say. I think by default the shadow settings are at 1, -1 or something while they just have to be at 0 or so.

I use Forte for cooldownbar which has the different colors by default.

For the raidframes you just have to change every border color opacity to 0% in the global options. Then make your raidframes lets say, 45 in width and 45 in height. Place the healthbars x-position to 1 and the y-position to -1 and give it a width of 43 and height of 43.

01-05-11, 03:27 AM   #4698
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by jolenes03 View Post
I am a total newb at this UI and HUD and interface stuff but I totally hate the generic in game UI and am looking for a good one as well. I really like the look of yours Landrell. I am just wondering how you guys make them. I am sure coding is involved, but other than that WOW is all i can say. Please help a newb out.
@ Jolene: I use Photoshop to make all of the textures, and the only coding that is actually involved is that of KgPanels for anchoring the textures to their respective frames.

It seems I'm going to have to make larger textures for some of you guys as well. I'll have to make some time to do that.

@Nobgul: I use oUF Nivaya since it has the built in config for customizing the bars the way I want them to look.

01-05-11, 03:34 AM   #4699
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

@ Jolene: I use Photoshop to make all of the textures, and the only coding that is actually involved is that of KgPanels for anchoring the textures to their respective frames.

It seems I'm going to have to make larger textures for some of you guys as well. I'll have to make some time to do that.

@Nobgul: I use oUF Nivaya since it has the built in config for customizing the bars the way I want them to look.
Thats the same layout i used to use as well. I may have to go back to it.

01-05-11, 04:15 AM   #4700
groin
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
The font is indeed Hooge for the UF's. You have to set them in Outline - Monochrome and edit the shadow values so they lie under the text so to say. I think by default the shadow settings are at 1, -1 or something while they just have to be at 0 or so.

I use Forte for cooldownbar which has the different colors by default.

For the raidframes you just have to change every border color opacity to 0% in the global options. Then make your raidframes lets say, 45 in width and 45 in height. Place the healthbars x-position to 1 and the y-position to -1 and give it a width of 43 and height of 43.
thank you for everything

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...