08-19-09, 12:49 PM   #1
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

So, I posted this in the WoW Suggestion Forums...

I don't know if it'll ever happen, but I think it's a fun thought.

When World of Warcraft increases the level cap to 100 (it'll be around that long, right?), I have some ideas for truly epic Mage talents at the bottom of each talent tree. I should give credit to Samej for the Time Duplicate spell. While I have modified it greatly, it's his fault I thought of it. The rest is all my insominia at 4am. I don't expect much in the way of implimentation. In the name of game balance, if these did get implimented, I would expect equally awesome things for all the rest of the classes. I know they're silly, but I thought they would at least be an entertaining read for Mages if they are nothing else.

Time Duplicate
Rank 0/1
50% of base mana
Instant cast
30 minute cooldown
Requires 5 points in Arcane Mind.
Requires 2 points in Arcane Flows
Requires 3 points in Netherwind Presence
Requires 70 points in Arcane Talents.

The Mage reaches into the future and pulls himself back to the present. This Time Duplicate is equal to the caster in every way to include gear, stats, buffs, and talents. The Duplicate directly replicates the caster's every motion, cast, and target. The Duplicate lasts for 10 seconds or until slain, whichever comes first. After 10 seconds, the caster fades from reality for 10 seconds and may not receive or make any action. If the Duplicate was slain during its summoned time, the caster dies at the end of the 10 second fade time. This ability triggers the cooldowns on Arcane Power, Presence of Mind, Mirror Image, Ice Block, and Invisibility and may not be cast while any of those cooldowns are active.

Visage of the Phoenix
Rank 0/1

Requires 5 points in Ignite.
Requires 1 point in Blast Wave.
Requires 1 point in Dragon's Breath.
Requires 3 points in Hot Streak.
Requires 1 point in Living Bomb.
Requires 70 points in Fire Talents.

When the Mage simultaneously consumes the last charge of Combustion while triggering Ignite and Hot Streak from a critical hit by Living Bomb, he spontaneously erupts into a terrifying Phoenix which casts a Pyroblast every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. This ability consumes the remainder of the Mage's mana or 50% of his base mana, whichever is greater, and will not be triggered unless the Mage has at least 50% of his base mana available. This ability triggers the cooldowns on Blast Wave, Dragon's Breath, and Evocation and will not be triggered if any of those cooldowns are active. This effect may only take place once every half hour.

Yeti's Vengance
Rank 0/1
50% of base mana
Instant cast
30 minute cooldown

Requires 1 point in Icy Veins.
Requires 1 point in Ice Barrier.
Requires 3 points in Enduring Winter.
Requires 70 points in Frost talents.

The Mage goes into a fit of wrath and becomes an abominable Yeti for 10 seconds. The caster's armor is increased by 900% in this form, and he is immune to stun and snare effects. In this form, the Mage is unable to cast spells, but his melee damage is increased by twice his spell power. Each melee hit reduces the target's movement speed by an additional 10% to a maximum of 40% for 10 seconds. The Yeti's attackers receive 40% movement speed reduction for 10 seconds each time they attack the Yeti. This ability triggers the cooldowns on Icy Veins, Cold Snap, Ice Barrier, and Water Elemental and may not be cast while any of these cooldowns are active.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » So, I posted this in the WoW Suggestion Forums...