01-25-08, 02:05 PM   #1
DeathRaven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thank you so much!

After trying over 20 UIs from all over, I tried Mazzle's UI and I felt like I had to register on this forum just to say a huge thank you to everyone (especially Mazzle off course) who was involved in the making and upkeep of this very loved and perfect UI.

Thank you so very much!
01-25-08, 03:11 PM   #2
Takatalvi
A Cliff Giant
Big Thanks From Me too, MazzleUI is definatly goona stick till the day it dies. Even then I'll try to fix it. Thank You Mazzle, DeTard, TigerHeart(rest in peace), and all the others that have contributed a little or a lot to this wonderful project.

/e starts a chant, "Keep Mazzle Alive!"
01-26-08, 05:36 AM   #3
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Takatalvi View Post
/e starts a chant, "Keep Mazzle Alive!"
Don't think you've got anything to worry about there. =) Plenty of fanbase to keep things updated.

Glad you folks enjoy the UI. It's nice to see that new people are still coming to the UI and finding it to be the best thing since sliced bread.
01-26-08, 07:01 AM   #4
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
or they be just 2 lazy 2 make their own UI's...
01-26-08, 07:10 AM   #5
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
i think Mazzle UI was an inspiration for a lot of ppl to make their own UI (was for me atleast)
01-26-08, 10:06 AM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Galinn View Post
Nothing wrong with that =) If i could find a compilation i liked more then my own id use it.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-26-08, 02:42 PM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Galinn View Post
or they be just 2 lazy 2 type out words like to, two and too...

I think most people who are sticking to the UI, are sticking to it for the unique aspects. Unless they are coders who are planning to re-implement those aspects, it has nothing to do with laziness.

------

On a more general note, I think part of the problem is the word "UI" in WoW-terms has taken on such a fuzzy meaning. For some people, it means layout. For others, it means how it looks. And for others, it means which add-ons you've "found", art or something else. If I had to make a list, I'd say most of the the usage of "UI" encompasses four dimensions:
  1. Add-On Selection (which add-ons are included)
  2. Layout Art (custom artwork)
  3. Layout Design (how items are placed)
  4. Layout Setup (how difficult/general the initial configuration is, which even varies among all of the WTF-based UI's)
Most people who say things like the above poster are usually only focusing on one item, though they don't always realize it or say it. Usually, it's #1 or #3; they think there's too many or the wrong add-ons, or they don't like how it's laid out or looks. I have no issues with that at all. There is a whole landscape of great, ever-changing add-ons out there that people prefer. There are a lot of very interesting layouts out there that prioritize and optimize thing in very different ways. There's lots of great artwork people have made. All of those items have subjective components, even 4, so I think it's a perfectly valid position to prefer something else. People just need to be more accurate in what they say if they want their comments to be meaningful.

If I had to say what the real reason people are sticking with it the UI despite the problems that are growing in #1 and #4, I'd say it's the custom "coherency add-ons", namely the one that sets things up initially in a generalized way, and the one the modulates add-ons while playing. While I still think the UI does well on many of the dimensions listed above, the coherency features are unique, and, for some people, having that coherency trumps the difficulties that have grown since development stopped. For others, it does not.

P.S. Jeez, I must be really bored this afternoon to write something like this up.
01-26-08, 03:26 PM   #8
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

What you said made perfect sense too Mazzle... just tough to get the right words around things sometimes for some of us. :P

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Thank you so much!