10-28-09, 03:10 AM   #41
Fantomette
A Defias Bandit
How to ?

Hi to all,

I wanted to thank the author of CargBags, and the author of Cargbags_Nivaya, layaout i'm currently using.

I'm missing one thing actually :
I put a lot of items in bank from bags, and vice-versa.
CargBags could help me i guess, i would like to see 2 functions (plugins ?) :
One put all items specified (by subtype for example, or with a configurable filter) from bags to bank,
Other one do exactly the opposite

Is this something easy to do ? Even if the functions are only useable from commandline but actually, putting 140 items in bank to take 140 others items from bank is boring, so boring... :/

Another thing : is there a function to autostack all items in bag and bank ?

Thanks for your time reading my (so poor) english
10-28-09, 05:33 AM   #42
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Fantomette View Post
One put all items specified (by subtype for example, or with a configurable filter) from bags to bank,
Other one do exactly the opposite
Should be fairly easy to do if you got some Lua experience. I don't have any code snippet for this particular feature, but I could maybe write something up for you, although I'm very busy at the moment. :/
No, but there are small addons that can do this, for example kRestack.

Oh hai!
10-28-09, 08:50 AM   #43
Fantomette
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for your answer and time you will spend for me, i will look in this addon, and will look the post every day

Have a good day !
10-29-09, 09:48 AM   #44
Areli
A Murloc Raider
CB_Niv help

First of all, I'd like to thank the authors of CB and CB_Niv for such a great lightweight bag addon. It fulfills most of what I wanted with so little memory, not to mention I don't have to swim in a sea of confusion for configuration problems.

However, there are just 2 things that I want to ask for help.

1. Is there any way to track currency on the bag? It doesn't seem to show up when I've enabled tracking.

2. Currently CB_Niv changes the looks on both my inventory and bank bags. Is there anyway to disable the bank bags totally so that it shows in blizzard default? I only need the great CB_Niv functions for my inventory.

Again, thank you for such great addons, they are close to perfect!
10-29-09, 10:04 AM   #45
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Areli View Post
1. Is there any way to track currency on the bag? It doesn't seem to show up when I've enabled tracking.
By default, there is no support for currency included at the moment (but I consider it for a future version). However, you could use the data broker-addonCurrencyTracker to display it. With my LDB display cargoShip and a bit of Lua knowledge, you could even place it on the bag frame - I don't know to what extend other display addons allow positioning, and databroker support is still very basic in cargBags.

Originally Posted by Areli View Post
2. Currently CB_Niv changes the looks on both my inventory and bank bags. Is there anyway to disable the bank bags totally so that it shows in blizzard default? I only need the great CB_Niv functions for my inventory.
In general it should be possible, but I don't know anything about _Nivaya's code, so I can't help you with this one - it really depends on the layout.

Oh hai!
10-29-09, 11:02 AM   #46
Areli
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for the very fast reply Cargor.

I look forward to the day when you add "track currency" function to the addon. I'll look into the alternatives you've mentioned.

As to the bank bag question, I guess I'll try asking it at CB_Niv. Hopefully the author is still active.
11-04-09, 06:05 AM   #47
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Okay, just wanted to provide a small roadmap on version 2.0, because I know you are all waiting for it

The stack-compression is actually my biggest problem at the moment, because it is really difficult by terms of Blizz' API and my own modularity- and optimization-principles. I'm thinking really hard to find a good way to implement it while staying true to the principles, but it's a lot more difficult than I expected.

The focus on 2.0 is on a lot more modularity and diversity of the core cargBags. Let's face it: cargBags got so much features incorporated that I'm already getting requests of different "memory-minimalists" who would like to see a _Pernobilis without additional features. My plan is to support both sides and introduce two versions of the core, one with only the most important features and one with all. There is also the possibility that I create a script on my website which acts as a "builder" for the core: You could select which components of the cargBags-core you'd like to see.

I also plan to simplify a lot of things for the not-so-experienced users. It already began in the unreleased version 1.4 (on GitHub) which moves a lot of the layout functions back into the core, so that the layout only focuses on the important things - of course, you can completely rewrite this feature and I want to support backwards compatibility.

New default modules should include a search and a more comprehensive databroker-display. (Lightweight fanatics, remember the lite-version! )

Apart from that, Version 2.0 is going to feature another feature preview layout, to the same extend as _Pernobilis was to version 0.x and _Aurora/_Nivaya were to 1.x.The new version will bring a completely ingame configurable, intuitive inventory frame - I'm aiming to support draggable bags which can be compressed into one all-inventory type, a _Aurora-style mainbag with categories or separate bags like in _Nivaya. If all goes well, this configuration interface can also be easily included in other layouts.

Release date on 2.0? Don't ask that! I really don't know, and because I'm working in my unpaid freetime for it (in addition to other addons), it severely depends if I'm in the mood for cargBags-scripting. Especially since Luzzifus (author of _Nivaya) seems to be inactive, I don't get a lot of indepth API / layout suggestions and so not much motivation.

Stay tuned!

Oh hai!
11-04-09, 12:25 PM   #48
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Definitely looking forward to it!

One thing I'd suggest is instead of having multiple cores, include a config with the modules turned on (for those who are less likely to want to change things anyway) but turning off modules completely prevents them from loading (for the memory-conscious).
11-04-09, 12:53 PM   #49
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
While I'm not a guru like luzzifus I've thought about making a new layout based on a lot of the same ideas. I'm horrible at graphics but I'm willing to give it a shot. If you have a beta version I'd be happy to test it andeither start a completely new mod for it or update Nivaya with the authors permission.....

People with OCD (Or CDO in Scott's Case) prefer nUI+! Find it at www.nuiaddon.com
11-04-09, 01:46 PM   #50
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by wurmfood View Post
Definitely looking forward to it!

One thing I'd suggest is instead of having multiple cores, include a config with the modules turned on (for those who are less likely to want to change things anyway) but turning off modules completely prevents them from loading (for the memory-conscious).
The modules are already divided into different files in the core and can be disabled in the toc. The problem is just that the average user wouldn't know which part does what (e.g. modules like "itemkeys" or "defaultCallbacks") and most of the time, it completely depends on the layout which parts are necessary. So, the only solution would be to split it into different addon folders, but I don't like this mess. Well, have to think about that

Originally Posted by todd3835 View Post
While I'm not a guru like luzzifus I've thought about making a new layout based on a lot of the same ideas. I'm horrible at graphics but I'm willing to give it a shot. If you have a beta version I'd be happy to test it andeither start a completely new mod for it or update Nivaya with the authors permission.....
That would be nice! cargBags needs a lot of layouts/plugins to gain popularity and more feedback. Graphics shouldn't be a problem (unless you want to make a really artistic layout) - in my opinion the important things are categorization and functionality. Just start simple and let the addon evolve, I think that's the route Nivaya went (well, and cargBags, too )
I currently don't have a beta-version for you - I have to admit that 2.0 isn't even in the alpha-stage, just thinking about the core changes at the moment. You can, however, begin with the current cargBags-release - I keep an eye on backwards-compatibility and most of the layout API would stay the same, it's more about enhancements and internal core changes.

Oh hai!
11-04-09, 01:59 PM   #51
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Cargor View Post
The modules are already divided into different files in the core and can be disabled in the toc. The problem is just that the average user wouldn't know which part does what (e.g. modules like "itemkeys" or "defaultCallbacks") and most of the time, it completely depends on the layout which parts are necessary. So, the only solution would be to split it into different addon folders, but I don't like this mess. Well, have to think about that
I was thinking more of the ability to enable/disable modules in a lua file. If they're in the .toc, you have to exit the game for them to take effect. If you put them in a lua you can change them and see the effect with a /reload
11-04-09, 02:11 PM   #52
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

If you enable/disable files in the .toc, you would also just need to do a ReloadUI. I learned that from another poster on this forums, as well - guess, Blizz changed it in some patch.
But your Lua-approach has some good points, too. I could probably handle module dependancy a lot better this way.

Oh hai!
11-04-09, 04:04 PM   #53
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Hi to all,

Thanks for your time reading my (so poor) english
You might want to look at BankStack, I haven't used all of the functions but stacking from bank to bag, or bag to bank is one I have used alot.
12-14-09, 10:35 AM   #54
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

is there a way to include the gildbank?

after looking in Nivaya

I Suspect this would be the filter for Consumables
Code:
    local t = cargBags:Spawn("cBniv_BankCons")
    t:SetFilter(cB_Filters.fBank, true)
    t:SetFilter(cB_Filters.fBankFilter, true)
    t:SetFilter(cB_Filters.fConsumables, true)
    cB_Bags.bankConsumables = t
But could the be split up for Potions / Flask / Elxirs / Rest / Conjered stuff
12-14-09, 11:05 AM   #55
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

At the moment there is no guildbank-support in cargBags, but it is planned for 2.0.

Oh hai!
12-14-09, 01:29 PM   #56
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Cargor View Post
At the moment there is no guildbank-support in cargBags, but it is planned for 2.0.
Thanks for the quick responce. But what about the filter?
01-14-10, 02:43 PM   #57
theiven
A Defias Bandit
woooooo back up

I just downloaded cargbags and it is the closest thing to what I have been looking for that I have found. At least after I downloaded cargBags_Nivaya to go with it.
but it isnt perfect of course, and I would like to make a new bag or 3.
so I tried your more info links to find out how to make a bag.
The first link API-specifications seems to be broken ( so I figure with my luck that's the one I need).
then there was this link......... just a tad over the head of someone that just downloaded this thing.
could someone point me to a page that will get me started.

the nivaya layout is almost perfect all i want to change is.
I have 2 gem bags and a mining bag in my bank.
yet my gems are in my bank bag and my mining mats are in trade goods with a bunch of meet.
I would just like to add a miner bag and a JCing bag to the layout.
I'm cool with learning what I need to.
but I need a place to start and this thread seems to jump right in the middle.
If I missed something obvious feal free to flame me, but try to add the info someplace in the flame please.
01-14-10, 04:30 PM   #58
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The key to adding bags is in the filter section and in the right order.

cargBags_Nivaya keeps the info in two places. In filters.lua you have the basic filters which then get applied in cargBags_Nivaya.lua and some descriptions in localization.lua.

Assuming you want to do it right, I'd start out in localization.lua. Here, I'd start with adding 'cBinvL.Mining = "Mining"' after the bullet entry, and then add '["cBinv_Mining"],' after the new items entry. Do something similar for JC.

Next we head over to filters.lua. I'd add these just after the Trade Goods filter in here, but that's just to keep them ordered in my mind. I don't think they have to go in any order here.

Our first filter is going to be for mining. The first few lines for a filter in Nivaya look to be pretty common (ignoring the config option). A basic filter looks like this:
Code:
cB_Filters.fMining = function(item)
  local tC = cBniv_CatInfo[item.name]
  if tC then return (tC == "cBinv_Mining") and true or false end
  return (item.type and item.type == L.Trades) and (item.subType == "Metal & Stone")
end
The subType info comes from http://www.wowwiki.com/ItemType.

Then create something similar for JC.

Now we get to the fun part. Something important about cargBags is that when it processes the filters it does so in a particular order. The first filter it comes across that matches the item is where it is placed. This means that if we put our above filters after the trade goods filter, they'll only ever be placed in trade goods.

The order of the filters seems to be around lines 64 - 153 of cargBags_Nivaya.lua. We see the trade goods bag appears at 144 - 147, so let's put our new bags just before that and after Consumable. Since filters appear to be applied in order of the bags, this should work for us.

The format for the bags is very simple. The mining bag should look something like this:
Code:
local t = cargBags:Spawn("cBinv_Mining") -- from localization.lua
t:SetFilter(cB_Filters.fMining, true) -- from the filter we created
cB_Bags.mining = t -- creating a new bag for the stuff
Again, do the same for JC.

Finally, we place the bag by anchoring it to something else. While you can place it where you want, I'll put it under the quest items.

The function to use here is called out at line 159 (note, all line numbers are before changes) and is really simple: CreateAnchorInfo(bag we anchor to, bag we want to anchor, source bag anchor point). So, if we want to attach our bag to the bottom of something, it appears to be "CreateAnchorInfo(cB_Bags.bagStuff, cB_Bags.mining, "Top")". If we put that in after the last CreateAnchorInfo line, you should be good.

Now, I haven't tested this, but it should work with only minimal debugging. Hopefully there was enough explanation there to help.
01-15-10, 11:55 AM   #59
theiven
A Defias Bandit
wow that was amazing
thanks for the trouble you went threw
I spent a good part of last night playing with it and got it (sorta) working as I want.
with a little more learning and playing I think ill have it.
thanks again.
once I finnish compleetly is there a place you would like me to post my new arangment so others can use it
or is it werth it

I cant say this setup method is user friendly, but it sure is powerful
but I spose if everyone posts there work when they create a new layout soon there will be something out there for everyone
thnks again for your trouble and your addon
01-15-10, 04:21 PM   #60
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Edit:
-nearly fixed-

just looking for a way to get soulbound / accoundbound gear in a filter

Last edited by Quokka : 01-18-10 at 07:25 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » cargBags - Help & Discussion