Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Map not working in Deepwind gorge, PVP BG zone

12-18-14, 03:56 PM   #922
yourkilla
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Goranth View Post
Map not working in Deepwind gorge, PVP BG zone
Not working in Battle fo Gilneas either. I have let them know but Rythal told me it was working for him so it may be a conflict with another addon. I run with BG targets also idk if you are as well but ill test it again later with and without. Otherwise I believe they are aware.

12-18-14, 04:36 PM   #923
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by yourkilla View Post
Not working in Battle fo Gilneas either. I have let them know but Rythal told me it was working for him so it may be a conflict with another addon. I run with BG targets also idk if you are as well but ill test it again later with and without. Otherwise I believe they are aware.
I have no other PVP specific addons, but I do run a a host of others. It works for most BG's for me at the moment

12-18-14, 08:05 PM   #924
djones60
A Murloc Raider
"I haven't seen anyone mention this, so I can only assume it's something in my settings. When I am moving around zones my chat is spammed with "you can only be in 10 chats at a time". Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? There are no errors, just this spam once I move through a few zones, especially when on a flight path."

Are you running BG Spy? If I remember correctly, I got that error with it and Carbonite. BG Spy uses the chats to spy on the other side.

12-19-14, 04:30 AM   #925
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Good Morning.. Have assined some Issuses on github with tags to have a better overview.. There could be some errors closed by Patches will check this over this weekend to have a todo List will Commit all Issuses Not mentioned on github and not fixed yet.

Greetings samyonair

12-19-14, 04:34 AM   #926
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by samyonair View Post
Good Morning.. Have assined some Issuses on github with tags to have a better overview.. There could be some errors closed by Patches will check this over this weekend to have a todo List will Commit all Issuses Not mentioned on github and not fixed yet.

Greetings samyonair
Great work!

12-19-14, 12:32 PM   #927
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
This is what I'm talking about when I say the dungeon maps are broken by the way. It's so bad that I actually have to alt-M frequently for any sense of direction.

If just dungeon maps were fixed up I'd say it was ready - or almost - for release tbh. There's still a few bugs but nothing game breaking.

12-19-14, 05:03 PM   #928
wilykat
A Murloc Raider
That almost look like npcscan addon with the overlay? It tended to screw up before WoD came out.

Have you tested with carbonite only enabled, all other addons turned off? If it still shows up, then something is within carbonite that is screwed up and needs to be looked at. If it doesn't show up funny mess in the map, then one of the addon was interferring with carbonite.

12-19-14, 08:29 PM   #929
Goldheart
A Murloc Raider
Could be the quest locations for above the dungeon?

12-19-14, 09:54 PM   #930
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Goldheart View Post
Could be the quest locations for above the dungeon?
It happens in almost every dungeon.

Originally Posted by wilykat View Post
That almost look like npcscan addon with the overlay? It tended to screw up before WoD came out.

Have you tested with carbonite only enabled, all other addons turned off? If it still shows up, then something is within carbonite that is screwed up and needs to be looked at. If it doesn't show up funny mess in the map, then one of the addon was interferring with carbonite.
I will try with other addons off, however I do not have NPCScan and the few addons I do have are mostly auction related.

The problem is only that the correct dungeon map is almost never chosen, it picks the wrong floor to display. You can actually ignore the shaded quest areas, it happens whether I have quests or not.

EDIT: Nope, here's some screenshots with absolutely no addons on besides Carbonite.

Where I am,

Where Blizzard thinks I am,

Where Carbonite thinks I am,

EDIT2: Also, again, if you drag your mouse into one of the areas of the Carbonite map that is blurred - just outside the 'dungeon maps' - it will zoom out really fast, to bring it back you have to bring up the Blizzard map which resets it some how.

Last edited by Ghosthree3 : 12-19-14 at 10:32 PM.

12-20-14, 04:07 AM   #931
sodade21
A Defias Bandit
So far so good. Thank you for making this amazing addon to work again. I have only one issue. usually i have about 100fps and when i have enabled the addon it drops to 25-35fps..is there a fix for that? something Im missing here? Can you fix it or is there something i can do in settings to fix that..? thanks in advance

12-20-14, 10:01 AM   #932
Nisou
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
- if done correctly you should have 9 folders starting with Carbonite in there instead of one.
Do we bother with the two .git files?

12-20-14, 10:08 AM   #933
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Nisou View Post
Do we bother with the two .git files?
No, those are only to satisfy github.

12-20-14, 01:34 PM   #934
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Just pushed fixes for microdungeon maps, dungeon maps (and might also fix BG's, I haven't tested that).

- Microdungeon maps now show again, so when your in a microdungeon it's not showing you on the world map in weird places.

- Dungeon maps show the right level and maps, are now hard locked so you don't get flickering if you try to mouse over it

12-20-14, 01:45 PM   #935
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
There are definite performance issue's with Carbonite Quests that need to be looked into. I'm noticing a) a large frame rate drop and b) when running around, every couple seconds is a tiny pause

Further testing it only happens after I change zones... if I /reload everything is fine, then the moment the map changes it starts (i'm using shrine of seven stars to test) going from inside the shrine to outside and back in causes it to start happening.

Last edited by Rythal : 12-20-14 at 01:50 PM.

12-20-14, 01:46 PM   #936
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Just pushed fixes for microdungeon maps, dungeon maps (and might also fix BG's, I haven't tested that).

- Microdungeon maps now show again, so when your in a microdungeon it's not showing you on the world map in weird places.

- Dungeon maps show the right level and maps, are now hard locked so you don't get flickering if you try to mouse over it
Are you single?

12-20-14, 03:19 PM   #937
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Could be with Objectives Issue refer to Issue 127
Carbonite looks for lvl 90-100 Objectives, but there are not 10 but ? mark to fill to 10 Objectives
greetings Samyonair

12-20-14, 03:48 PM   #938
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Another Push:

Bonus Objectives in Dungeons / Scenarios now show.

12-20-14, 04:08 PM   #939
Goldheart
A Murloc Raider
Apologies if this was noted before. Setting minimap to always go full sized indoors does not seem to work. At least in the garrison mine. I am also seeing the quest blobs for the 3 boss pets above on the docked minimap.

12-20-14, 06:52 PM   #940
sodade21
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
There are definite performance issue's with Carbonite Quests that need to be looked into. I'm noticing a) a large frame rate drop and b) when running around, every couple seconds is a tiny pause

Further testing it only happens after I change zones... if I /reload everything is fine, then the moment the map changes it starts (i'm using shrine of seven stars to test) going from inside the shrine to outside and back in causes it to start happening.
I have exactly the same issue... i have no idea how to fix it..it tried disable some things but still the fps drop remains...

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch