10-13-09, 04:20 PM   #1
idras
A Defias Bandit
[Request] Delete Previously Completed Quests from Database with Patch 3.3 Changes

According to the newest testrealm patchnotes (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html) Blizzard has added a very nice feature for addons to the 3.3 patch:

"You can now query for a list of completed quests with "QueryQuestsCompleted()" then wait for the "QUEST_QUERY_COMPLETE" event, and call "etQuestsCompleted(<luatable>)"."

This change would theoretically allow Carbonite to get the list of all quests a character has completed so far, even if a character did not used Carbonite before. I know it would take way too much work to implement full "Loremaster" (http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=1681) support, but it would be pro if Carbonite could query the list of completed quests, then delete those from the Carbonite quest database.

This would be a huge help to all those (e.g. myself ) trying to complete all the WoW quests for the loremaster achievement!

10-14-09, 09:32 AM   #2
Highntight - Tanaris
Premium Member
Premium Member
That would definatly be a great help. Loremaster is rough in itself. Great request. +++

10-14-09, 11:56 PM   #3
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Yes Please

Having the ability to click a button in Carbonite to auto update the quest history would be awesome, or even automatically do it on login (similar to the item database pop-up in Carbonite).

Look forward to seeing what you guys do with this new option.

10-15-09, 07:03 AM   #4
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Thumbs up Sticky This Thread!

Well - I think this is a *GREAT* enhancement that Blizz is doing. I hope Carbonite stickies this request to their screens so that as soon as it's available they are working on it! :-) (I'm hoping it wouldn't be too difficult, but I'm not a programmer)

This would have my vote as the highest end enhancement to introduce when it's available.

10-16-09, 07:27 AM   #5
Doomlord
A Theradrim Guardian

Blizzard should have added this option a loooooooong time ago. (Added so many "o"s for dramatic effect.)

I'm very glad they decided to do it though and i would simply love to have it when 3.3 hits ^^ Besides the Loremaster title, there is a lot of gold to be made with missed Outland and Northrend quests :P

10-17-09, 10:40 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
From patch notes:
You can now query for a list of completed quests with "QueryQuestsCompleted()" then wait for the "QUEST_QUERY_COMPLETE" event, and call "etQuestsCompleted(<luatable>)"
I was not holding my breath on that, but glad to see Blizzard added it. I will definitely try to support it in the version of Carbonite that comes out for patch 3.3.

10-18-09, 10:48 PM   #7
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Talking

That is awesome news

Any chance of a PTR build so we can test it out, or are you going to wait till live?

Awesome work guys and thank you for keeping Carbonite alive

10-19-09, 03:38 AM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by gothicknight View Post
Any chance of a PTR build so we can test it out, or are you going to wait till live?
Depends on how much time I have. I need to fix the Quest Window errors from Blizzard's changes first.

10-25-09, 09:06 AM   #9
Raederle
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am also looking forward to the ability. I am hoping that we can then have carbonite set all completed quests not already marked so to "completed" within its tracking, much as if we had done it manually within carbonite's options set.

I suspect we will want to be able to trigger the update check rather than have it automatic. Much like an AH scan, thats a lot of data to return and process.

Raederle

10-27-09, 05:09 PM   #10
Ferretlover
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

While it is a lot of data, I think it would not be near the load that an AH scan is. The AH scan(like with Auctioneer) is doing page by page flip through of all of the current auctions, then filtering and parsing that data into usable arrays of info like the price, quantity, date, who is selling it, etc, then combining that data with previously gleaned data. The quests are returned in an array directly from blizz. Probably the easiest way to do it would be to set all quests to incomplete, then for each in the array set that questid to complete. This may take a moment, so probably something to be done at login, but not so rough to make it so that it cannot be automatic. If a count of completed quests can be returned, then you could compare those and skip the update if they are the same, or just not update as often(if theircount == mycount & timesincelastupdate< 1week, skip, else update).

I am really looking forward to this feature, I manually updated many quests while working on Loremaster, and this would save so much time.

10-28-09, 02:56 PM   #11
front243
Premium Member
Premium Member
EveryQuest has implemented the feature. I tried to fetch the quests on the PTR and it only takes a moment (it was much faster than the "Getall" scan in Auctioneer if you know it).

10-31-09, 01:51 PM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'll give it a good testing when I add it and will probably support both manual and auto on login methods.

12-04-09, 02:54 PM   #13
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Changes for 3.3:

Added fetching of completed quests from server on login and adding them to quest history.
Added "Update completed quest history on login" option.

12-07-09, 07:56 AM   #14
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Awesome news. Can't wait to try it out. Thanx for your hard work

12-07-09, 12:38 PM   #15
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by gothicknight View Post
Awesome news. Can't wait to try it out. Thanx for your hard work
No problem.

Not sure if the patch will be out tomorrow or not. The PTR server is still up. Carbonite appears to be working fine after I fixed the errors from Blizzards changes to the Quest Log. I will probably put up a new version late tonight, if it appears we are getting the patch.

12-07-09, 12:43 PM   #16
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
No problem.

Not sure if the patch will be out tomorrow or not. The PTR server is still up. Carbonite appears to be working fine after I fixed the errors from Blizzards changes to the Quest Log. I will probably put up a new version late tonight, if it appears we are getting the patch.

I have an entire guild at your disposal by the way willing to do some rigorous testing.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [Request] Delete Previously Completed Quests from Database with Patch 3.3 Changes