11-08-09, 06:59 PM   #1
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
oUF and Hots?

I'm looking for a way to see hots (renew and prayer of mending specifically) on my oUF frames. Anyone know of any?

People with OCD (Or CDO in Scott's Case) prefer nUI+! Find it at www.nuiaddon.com
11-08-09, 08:10 PM   #2
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Are you looking to have the effect of them displayed (a la HealComm) or that there is a HoT on someone (a la Grid)?

One of these is probably what you want if it's one of the above:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...HealComm4.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...DruidHots.html (could be modified to show what you want)
11-08-09, 08:40 PM   #3
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by wurmfood View Post
Are you looking to have the effect of them displayed (a la HealComm) or that there is a HoT on someone (a la Grid)?

One of these is probably what you want if it's one of the above:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...HealComm4.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...DruidHots.html (could be modified to show what you want)
HealComm4 is a help, as it will show heals that are incoming (not sure if it keeps up with HoTs also). I'm currently modifying DruidHots, but not sure how exactly to integrate it into a Layout (using Nivaya atm). I think I've got it fully edited, it's a matter of getting it to play with a layout =]

People with OCD (Or CDO in Scott's Case) prefer nUI+! Find it at www.nuiaddon.com
11-09-09, 06:22 AM   #4
Rostok
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You could take a look at oUF_AuraWatch.
If you want my layout with it, just pm me
11-09-09, 07:03 AM   #5
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by todd3835 View Post
HealComm4 is a help, as it will show heals that are incoming (not sure if it keeps up with HoTs also). I'm currently modifying DruidHots, but not sure how exactly to integrate it into a Layout (using Nivaya atm). I think I've got it fully edited, it's a matter of getting it to play with a layout =]
Hiya,

oUF_HealComm4 will show pretty much all incoming heals. The library was reworked since v3 to include HoTs, channelled heals and bomb type effects (the bloom in lifebloom).

It will be possible to change oUF_HealComm4 to show only heals that you do, but it's not something I'd want to put in the general implementation. You can use oUF_HealComm4 as a base for doing your own heal monitoring addon, but there has recently been a major rewrite that will be released when patch 3.3 hits the live servers. Send me a PM and I'll point you at the repository if you want to look into it.

I'd personally use something like oUF DruidHots for displaying my own HoTs and have oUF_HealComm4 displaying all incoming healing.
Also, last time I looked at oUF_Freebgrid that had class specific healing displays that showed renew and PoM for priests. I didn't like how it was implemented, but it might give you some ideas.
11-09-09, 10:38 AM   #6
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by yj589794 View Post
Hiya,

oUF_HealComm4 will show pretty much all incoming heals. The library was reworked since v3 to include HoTs, channelled heals and bomb type effects (the bloom in lifebloom).

It will be possible to change oUF_HealComm4 to show only heals that you do, but it's not something I'd want to put in the general implementation. You can use oUF_HealComm4 as a base for doing your own heal monitoring addon, but there has recently been a major rewrite that will be released when patch 3.3 hits the live servers. Send me a PM and I'll point you at the repository if you want to look into it.

I'd personally use something like oUF DruidHots for displaying my own HoTs and have oUF_HealComm4 displaying all incoming healing.
Also, last time I looked at oUF_Freebgrid that had class specific healing displays that showed renew and PoM for priests. I didn't like how it was implemented, but it might give you some ideas.
HealComm4 is the way it was designed in my opionion. It's nice to know about incoming heals. As for DruidHots, I did hack that sucker up, to do what I think I needed, but the problem is there's no support for it that I know of in Nivaya, which is my layout of choice.

On another note, I played for hours with AuraWatcher, and have what I believe should work, but it's not. It was working very very briefly, and then I went and did something and can't get it working since.....

So what I really want is like in HealBot to show the actual icon for Renew and PoM right on the unit frame. Most of what I've seen is for showing a color'd dot. While this is something that could technically work for most people, after using healbot, I prefer icons over color'd dots. It's like needing to re-learn to play......

11-09-09, 10:43 AM   #7
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Upon playing around some more with freebgrid, it does indeed have support for PoM (a dot in the lower right corner) and renew (a cooldown number on the mid top), it's still not quite what I want. Also, I'm looking for raid frames while in raid, and not when solo. I suppose i could look at different layouts and try to create my own, but i'm still very very new to LUA.....

11-09-09, 11:16 AM   #8
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
hey,

I dont have wow installed atm so can't test too show you exact code but i did manage to make aurawatch show spell icons instead of dots back when i played.. so it is possible, just don't remember how :P

Try roth's aurawatch settings. i think one of his spells are set to show as a icon if im not mistaken...

good luck!
11-09-09, 12:08 PM   #9
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The problem at this point is to get aurawatch working in general. I had it working at one point, just that it's not working NOW =[ So the key here i think is having a layout that's got the AW support in it, or editing Nivaya to support it......

11-09-09, 05:04 PM   #10
yj589794
As for DruidHots, I did hack that sucker up, to do what I think I needed, but the problem is there's no support for it that I know of in Nivaya, which is my layout of choice.
General consensus within unit frames is that a centre icon would display some immediate bad thing to deal with. Corner indicators display nice to know information, such as unit has a HoT.
If you want something different then give a pictorial description and we can understand what you are trying to achieve in a simple manner.

On another note, I played for hours with AuraWatcher, and have what I believe should work, but it's not. It was working very very briefly, and then I went and did something and can't get it working since.....
And this is why version control in software was invented. It can be a pain to setup, but invaluable once it is running

Work is full on at the moment for me, but I'll try to find some time to look at healbot and Nivaya to see what you are aiming for. I can't guarantee to help but PM if you get stuck.
Also, post oUF stuff in the dedicated forum, you are more likely to get a response there.
11-09-09, 07:22 PM   #11
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by yj589794 View Post
General consensus within unit frames is that a centre icon would display some immediate bad thing to deal with. Corner indicators display nice to know information, such as unit has a HoT.
If you want something different then give a pictorial description and we can understand what you are trying to achieve in a simple manner.

And this is why version control in software was invented. It can be a pain to setup, but invaluable once it is running

Work is full on at the moment for me, but I'll try to find some time to look at healbot and Nivaya to see what you are aiming for. I can't guarantee to help but PM if you get stuck.
Also, post oUF stuff in the dedicated forum, you are more likely to get a response there.
Ok, so here's what I'm looking for. I got it setup on grid (not as nice, but what i wanted). On the left side (or right) the icon would be inside the frame. That's how it shows on HealBot. I got it working like that for grid also (PoM on right, Renew on Left, HealBot had both on the left).

On another note, I did post in the oUF thread, and someone sent me thier aurawatch file. I think I found the problem with mine, I'd used the current and highest ranks of the spell(s) but he used the LOWEST. I think that was the key (I had done spell id's before, thought it was highest you used, not lowest). I'll be checking once the patch finishes.....

And lastly, I'd love to do versioning. I tend to do it manually (zip with date/time in filename) when something is working. Do you know of a method for doing it automatically?

-Todd

11-10-09, 04:08 AM   #12
yj589794
On another note, I did post in the oUF thread, and someone sent me thier aurawatch file. I think I found the problem with mine, I'd used the current and highest ranks of the spell(s) but he used the LOWEST. I think that was the key (I had done spell id's before, thought it was highest you used, not lowest). I'll be checking once the patch finishes.....
Hmm, that is odd. If you are using SpellIDs then usually you would try to match the highest rank of spell. Since Blizzard changed downranking just before WotLK there is little to no point to not cast the highest rank spell.
The only possible thing I can think off is if you are testing on a character that is not at maximum level and does not have access to the spell rank you are trying to match against.

And lastly, I'd love to do versioning. I tend to do it manually (zip with date/time in filename) when something is working. Do you know of a method for doing it automatically?

-Todd
I've found Git to be quite a simple to use versioning system. There are decent guides on their site to get you up and running and to give you a brief overview of the basic commands.

Github can give you a free repository so that you can access your code from anywhere. It is a public repository so other people can access your code, unless you pay to have a private repository.

You will need to still press some buttons when you want to commit changes, but once the initial configuration is done then it really is just 1 or 2 button presses.
11-10-09, 11:40 AM   #13
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The toon i'm using (in my sig) is a 75 Priest, so yes I don't have access to the top spells. However, even using the lowest rank spell number (and current rank I'm using) both aren't working. So it's kinda back to the drawing board when the servers come back up......

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » oUF and Hots?