09-01-09, 04:18 PM   #1
Gsusnme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MazzleUI Unit Frames.

I'm sure many of you remember MazzleUI, some of you may even still use it. I dropped it a long time ago in favor of a custom built UI (by me) but my abilities are limited.

I was wondering if anyone has ever considered ripping the MazzleUI Unit Frames and making it, it's own mod? I have never found ANYTHING that seemed quiet as cool. For those of you who don't remember see the screen-shot below.

Anyone have any ideas on whether or not it even could be done? I've tried to recreate the effects with a few UF mods but none of them were ever the same. Thanks for listening!

09-01-09, 04:43 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I know GrimUI, FreshUI, and another (I can't remember the name) are still using the layout from DuF with KGPanels to recreate the look.

I myself am in the process of using LitePanels and STUF to recreate the look, but with less system resources and more efficient code. However, I won't be releasing/uploading a ui pack for it, but would be happy to do a show and tell thread on how to do it (I don't want the hassle of authors getting PO'd because of download count, among the other politics that I agree with them on). I would be willing to attach my WTF folder though, under the guidelines of this site.

My progress so far (I'm in no real hurry, I too just miss the "feel" of MazzleUI).
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...postcount=1321

Also note, the textures and 3D models that were used in MazzleUI were property of Mazzlefizz, and aren't legally available for use without express permission from Mazzlefizz. Otravi texture excluded (health bars, I think). The two ui's above are using zmob 3D models, but I'm personally going to stick with the models in STUF.

Last edited by Yhor : 09-01-09 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Side note.
09-01-09, 07:04 PM   #3
Gsusnme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Looks like good work, kudos!

Anyway to be a bit more clear, I'm only really look for the Unit Frames, not the entire UI, as good as the compilation once was, I was not very happy with the bar placement and the background and all that, but I really do miss the Unit frames.

The way they were animated and all that, flinching while in combat and wave while idle, those little touches. I have recreated for myself the general layout of them using Pitbull 4 but the 3d models just stand there, unmoving, bland and not fun.
09-01-09, 07:17 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
MazzleUI used Discord Unit Frames - it wasn't custom coded. The only thing not DUF was the portraits and their little pedastals, but that can be done with ZMobDB Advanced (minus the pedastals).

edit: even if the unit frames were Mazzle's code and not another addon, you couldn't "rip" them out to make them their own mod. The code's copyright is still property of Mazzlefizz.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-01-09, 07:35 PM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'd really suggest STUF over DuF. The difference in performance is 3 fold, in my experience. It's not hard to figure out the configuration, either; I was able to do the majority of what you see in that post I linked in about a half hour (unit frames only), it still needs an hour or so more tweaking, but I don't see any issues with getting it done relatively 90-95% of how Mazzle's unit frames looked.
09-02-09, 11:28 PM   #6
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

A little closer, still have some fine tuning with colors and such, but almost to my liking.

09-03-09, 07:29 AM   #7
Gsusnme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Very nice work.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » MazzleUI Unit Frames.