01-06-10, 10:27 PM   #1
Joycew42
A Murloc Raider
Problem with Minimap Consolidation

I copied this question from a previous post that was unanswered and is something I have not been able to find an answer for:

just upgraded to windows 7 after using vista w/o problems, on login I get the carbonite info box with all the tips and the box asking if I want to consolidate the maps. if I click no it goes away and I am left with game minimap. If I click yes it reloads the ui and then both boxes return and map doesnt change, everything else seems to work though. deleted and reinstalled carbonite also.

01-07-10, 09:04 AM   #2
Kjellviz
A Murloc Raider
Is your WoW installed in the "C:/Program Files" (or something like that) folder on Windows 7 ?
If it is then the problem might be that Carbonite doesn't have write permission to the folder.
If so you could try to make a new folder on your harddrive (C:/Games for instance) and move WoW there, you'll need to update your shortcuts though.

Just taking a wild guess here, but I know that Win7 has added some write restrictions to its own folders like Program Files.

01-08-10, 04:18 PM   #3
Joycew42
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for your suggestions mine is in c/Users/Public/Games. I'm not real compute savvy so not sure what to do now.

01-08-10, 04:33 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just something to check, right click on the shortcut you use to open WoW. Choose the option to "Run as Administrator" make changes as you did before. See if the changes hold. If they do, then WoW did not have the right permissions.

I'm on Win7 myself and have no issues. I did not use the default install path that WoW wanted though. I moved the entire directory from c:\users\etc etc etc so that WoW would be directly run from C:\World of Warcraft. Made my life easier.

01-08-10, 04:48 PM   #5
Joycew42
A Murloc Raider
Run as Administer did not make it work. Carbonite works fine except for the ability to consolidate the minimap. My WOW minimap is there and also the Carbonite one and I cannot consolidate. I also get a welcome to carbonite box everytime I open WOW. I would contact someone for help but have not been able to find contact information for carbonite. Thanks for your help though

01-08-10, 05:22 PM   #6
Joycew42
A Murloc Raider
Got it. For anyone else with this problem I had to go to WOW Properties. Find the WTF Folder and rename it to WTFold. Minimap is now consolidated. thank you to those that tried to help me

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Problem with Minimap Consolidation