07-01-07, 01:25 AM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bug Report Thread

This thread is a place to post and discuss bugs, i.e. errors or things that are not behaving in the way that they are intended. To be clear:

* This is not a place for questions.
* This is not a place for suggestions.
* This is not a place for feature requests.

I encourage you to verify problems other people have posted, adding more information from your experiences if possible. Also, be precise and thorough in your posts. Things you should include:

* Description of what happened and what led to it. What mazzifier settings you used, if applicable.
* If there's an error message, the exact error. You can click on the bugsack icon to get the full error. Simple cut and paste it from that window into your bug report. This is by far the most important thing you need to include.
* Your aspect ratio or resolution
* Class, level, race
* Which button layout you chose (if it has to do with buttons)
* Any extra add-ons you may be using
* A screenshot, if applicable

To keep things clean and on point, I'll be deleting posts that don't meet these guidelines.

And please try to use correct spelling and grammar. Complete sentences and paragraphs go a long way. It's hard enough trying to figure out what people mean.
07-01-07, 09:54 AM   #2
stec
A Cliff Giant
One thing ive come to notice is with a lvl 9 hunter i created today whenever i log in its like its re-mazzifying and all options go back to how i set them in the mazzle process, any extra buttons i put out have gone, follow terrain turns back on auto target self turns off, and theres a few other things, seems a bit odd too many, anyone else seen this.

Il try this on my main and re-edit this post. oh ive logged in and out an extra 4 times on this char just too check and it does it every time.

Just checked with my main and it didnt do it so it only seems to happen on my new lil char. no errors in bugsack or any dodgy noises just te woosh sound whenever i log my new char in and everything re-sets to default setup again .

Sorry if im not making much sense the shedevil is cracking the whip cause i need to go make tea for the tribe. so im kinda rushing this

Last edited by stec : 07-01-07 at 10:03 AM.
07-01-07, 10:04 AM   #3
vampiricwound
A Cyclonian
i got an error with nquestlog

[2007/07/01 09:45:50-2-x1]: nQuestLog-1.0\modules\BlizzardFrames.lua:22: AceDB-2.0: "RegisterDefaults" has already been called for "BlizzardFrames"::"profile".
FuBarPlugin-2.0-40928:492: in function `?'
Dewdrop-2.0-42066 (DewdropLib):663: in function <...erface\AddOns\DewdropLib\Dewdrop-2.0\Dewdrop-2.0.lua:604>

---

i had noticed that it wasnt updating the quest item completion as well (although when i moused over the quests the tooltip was updated) i ended up closing the minion, and when i went to go re-open it the poor thing wasnt loading....could be i need to update the ace-addons and libraries in already? (gonna try this when i get home from work anyway)

*edit* that seems to have fixed it...i like the idea of making it so that the ace addon program will not overwrite any of the modified items makes me less afraid to update anything

Last edited by vampiricwound : 07-01-07 at 10:36 AM.
07-01-07, 01:45 PM   #4
jrod39
A Defias Bandit
Hey mazz just wanted to ask , i see in the change log that you improved the code for using different pc with different aspect ratios. the prob i have is that my laptop is set up but when i got to my desk top everything button wise is screwed up is there any way to fix this or am i just gonna have to live with it also great job i love this ui thanks for making wow fun to play
07-01-07, 01:54 PM   #5
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jrod39
Hey mazz just wanted to ask , i see in the change log that you improved the code for using different pc with different aspect ratios. the prob i have is that my laptop is set up but when i got to my desk top everything button wise is screwed up is there any way to fix this or am i just gonna have to live with it also great job i love this ui thanks for making wow fun to play
You still have to do the same thing I described before. You mazzify the buttons on the computers with the largest aspect ratio separately. First you do everything but the buttons at the correct aspect ratio. Then you do just the buttons, manually choosing the aspect ratio of the smaller computer.

The only difference now is that you don't have to do a third step and remazzify the layout afterwards again.

(If you're curious, it needs your "true" aspect ratio to set things up correctly when you log in. In the new version, it no longer changes that "true" value when you mazzify only the buttons. Previously, the third step would fix that value to be correct.)
07-01-07, 05:50 PM   #6
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Did an upgrade install, then did a clean install (deleted WTF folder etc) am getting this error every time I log in.

[2007/07/01 17:37:23-43-x1]: Capping\core.lua:146: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
Capping\core.lua:146: in function `?'
Capping\core.lua:66: in function <Interface\AddOns\Capping\core.lua:65>

---

I tried to check to see if it was the Capping mod itself but cannot seem to find anything that says this. Only new mod I have loaded is Craftlist2, otherwise its identical to default Mazzle pack. I did try enabling/disabling several addons to see what could be messing with it (Aloft, Quatz, etc) and nothing seems to be the culprit atm.
07-01-07, 09:04 PM   #7
WyldAynjel
A Murloc Raider
I redownloaded the entire package and installed another clean configure, and now it's working fine. I think perhaps evil leper gnomes got into the Ui and decided to configure it themselves.

All is right in the world of Mazzle.

Last edited by WyldAynjel : 07-01-07 at 09:17 PM.
07-01-07, 11:54 PM   #8
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by airdragon
Did an upgrade install, then did a clean install (deleted WTF folder etc) am getting this error every time I log in.

[2007/07/01 17:37:23-43-x1]: Capping\core.lua:146: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
Capping\core.lua:146: in function `?'
Capping\core.lua:66: in function <Interface\AddOns\Capping\core.lua:65>

---

I tried to check to see if it was the Capping mod itself but cannot seem to find anything that says this. Only new mod I have loaded is Craftlist2, otherwise its identical to default Mazzle pack. I did try enabling/disabling several addons to see what could be messing with it (Aloft, Quatz, etc) and nothing seems to be the culprit atm.
Looking at that line in capping, I'd try deleting your capping settings. It seems to be missing a very basic setting and I don't mess with that in the Mazzifier.
07-02-07, 04:43 AM   #9
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
It went away after another reinstall. I have no idea how it got there or anything. And yes it was a setting screw up, though nothing changes it. I'll just mark it up as evil Leper Gnomes like the previous poster.
07-02-07, 06:31 AM   #10
Detritus
A Cyclonian
First off, great UI, great update. I use this all the time and have sent in a donation by way of thanks.

On to the bug report, I've got a couple of issues:
Deadly Boss Mods doesn't seem to work. I disable BigWigs/Little Wigs and Enable DBM. Everything seems to work fine but I've got no FuBar button. I try the /dbm command to config it and I get a message saying it can't be run "GUI Locked". I'm using BigWigs at the moment, which is more than capable but, I'd really prefer to be using DBM.

The quick raid icon assignment icons only appear in the target frame when you are raid leader, not when you are raid assistant (which also has the ability to assign raid icons). Not strictly a bug, but annoying all the same.

CyCircled doesn't seem to work. I enable it, I can see the FuBar icon, configure it but the buttons don't seem to change at all. I've reloaded the UI and tried various skins to no avail. I'll play around with this more tonight and see if I can get anything more meaningful to report.
07-02-07, 12:06 PM   #11
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Detritus
First off, great UI, great update. I use this all the time and have sent in a donation by way of thanks.

On to the bug report, I've got a couple of issues:
Deadly Boss Mods doesn't seem to work. I disable BigWigs/Little Wigs and Enable DBM. Everything seems to work fine but I've got no FuBar button. I try the /dbm command to config it and I get a message saying it can't be run "GUI Locked". I'm using BigWigs at the moment, which is more than capable but, I'd really prefer to be using DBM.

The quick raid icon assignment icons only appear in the target frame when you are raid leader, not when you are raid assistant (which also has the ability to assign raid icons). Not strictly a bug, but annoying all the same.

CyCircled doesn't seem to work. I enable it, I can see the FuBar icon, configure it but the buttons don't seem to change at all. I've reloaded the UI and tried various skins to no avail. I'll play around with this more tonight and see if I can get anything more meaningful to report.
I don't know what your issue with DBM is. I routinely use it. I don't think it ever had a Fubar menu. I did hide the minimap button like most add-ons, but you can access it through MazzleOptions. I'm not sure what you mean by GUI locked.

And I haven't had any problems using cyCircled nor have I got any similar reports. I'd look for changes or updates you possibly made.
07-02-07, 02:32 PM   #12
SirQuester
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Here's an error I get upon login, the only one which doesn't allow nQuestlog to work at all:

[2007/07/02 16:20:27-19-x1]: Quixote-1.0-41795 (Quixote):287: attempt to get length of local 't' (a nil value)
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-40601 (Ace2):329: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:310>

I updated all the addons through the ace updater (had to use mirror to do so) but that didn't correct the problem.
07-02-07, 02:35 PM   #13
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Detritus, first off like your name.
Second, make sure you are enabling cycircled in the Mazzifier, when it askes you if you want circle buttons, and you say why yes i certainly am cooky. I don't think just enabling it via /commands will work with Mazzle.
I enabled it with my shaman via Mazzifier, and now have cooky skared-off rounded buttons!
07-02-07, 02:46 PM   #14
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by SirQuester
Here's an error I get upon login, the only one which doesn't allow nQuestlog to work at all:

[2007/07/02 16:20:27-19-x1]: Quixote-1.0-41795 (Quixote):287: attempt to get length of local 't' (a nil value)
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-40601 (Ace2):329: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:310>

I updated all the addons through the ace updater (had to use mirror to do so) but that didn't correct the problem.
You should probably post this in the ace forums. I don't do anything to that library. And I too have gotten quixote errors in the past, usually in arenas, strangely enough.
07-02-07, 03:01 PM   #15
Rallahr
A Defias Bandit
I get this annoyanse, some sort of tips is showing up randomly (I think) and can't be "clicked" away. I have to wait
If you don't see what it is; it's the little window saying something about reagents right above the character.

Last edited by Rallahr : 07-02-07 at 03:06 PM.
07-02-07, 03:09 PM   #16
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I get that too, Rallahr. The only way I have found to make it go away, is to open up my bags and mouseover stuff in it, usually goes away if I mouseover a reagent for Leatherworking. This si the only profession I have had this happen with so far.
07-02-07, 03:19 PM   #17
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I get that too. I suspect ATSW. Mousing over anything will clear it.
07-02-07, 08:02 PM   #18
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
After installing, I stopped getting enemy cast bars from Antagonist until I went in and enabled the Group cast option. As a note, the Self Relevant option, while not turned on, was not related to this. This happened on both my mage and paly, and both had virtually empty WTF folders (there definitely weren't any saved variables related to Antagonist anyway).
07-02-07, 09:20 PM   #19
Blacknoir
A Defias Bandit
Autobar gone...

Step 1: Search FAQ - Check
Step 2: Search Bug Report Thread - Check

Problem: Was walking a guildmate through Mazzle install - Her autobar has suddenly gone away.

Before that happened:
Installed new Mazzle from scratch (backed up Interface). Everything worked fine.
Installed !!!StandAloneLibraries
Updated Mods using WAU -> no externals

What happened next:
Autobar dissapeared. Only green dot in center of the screen. No option to hook it back to Mazzle Damage Frame. Nothing in the bars themselves.

What we tried to do:
Re-mazzifying with Addon selection and only checking Autobar - didn't fix it.
Deleting Autobar.lua in /WTF/Savedvariables - didn't fix it.
Deleting Autobar and Autobarconfig directories and re-WAU'ing - didn't fix it.

What we did NOT do:
Delete Interface/WTF Folders and re-install Mazzle completely.

Why we didn't do that:
1. I Spent 3 hours configuring her layout over Vent. I was tired.
[Edit below]
2. *MY* Autobar, which I also updated with WAU, didn't go missing.
[\Edit]

So.
Question #1: Is Autobar one of those "old" mods that shouldn't be updated?
Question #2: Will I be skewered with a hot poker for updating with WAU?
Question #3: Should I just nuke everything and spend another 3 hours in vent with her re-doing her layout?
[Edit below]
Question #4: If this isn't a bug, and rather an "idiot" thing, will I be berated for posting in the Bug Report thread?
[\Edit]

Hey Mazzle - thanks for a kick-butt compilation.

TIA,
Blacknoir of Zul'Jin

Last edited by Blacknoir : 07-02-07 at 09:40 PM.
07-02-07, 10:07 PM   #20
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
All mods should work perfectly fine as 1.1 was just released yesterday. You should not have to run WAU.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bug Report Thread