10-29-07, 07:52 PM   #21
ceraph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Oh lord I hope you are wrong, I love my mazzle UI, what could be causing mazzle to crash out wow?
10-30-07, 06:17 PM   #22
donofthedead
A Fallenroot Satyr
Wow

I certainly hope so too. I've been out of the Mazzle loop lately due to excess work/school. While I know I can survive without Mazzle, my girlfriend cannot.

Developers: Any thoughts and/or input whatsoever would be helpful.

I do IT for Small/Med businesses in Austin for a living, but I have a disdain for programming so I avoid it like the plague.
11-02-07, 04:29 AM   #23
Nomard
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So Mazzle is currently unusuable for 2.3 right?
If so is daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, i have used this since day one, itīs gonna take forever to replace it.
11-02-07, 05:56 AM   #24
Wavebow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So what UI is recommandable to switch to? Dont get me wrong, I like mazzleui most out of all the UIs and I have greatest respect of all the work that was put in but I like even more to play WoW without worry about a broken UI.
Please make some suggesteions for a good UI for a hunter.
Thanks.

~Wavebow~
11-02-07, 06:07 AM   #25
bruteman
A Kobold Labourer
Even while broken the UI is a Compiled package of various addons some will be fixed some will break and others will be abandoned. If your worried about the MAZZLE itself then I would wait and see whats to happen but as for most updating and configuring the addons Mazzle uses manually is still a option for you to keep with the look and feel of Mazzle

not a user friendly option I know but after using Mazzle for close to a year I understand 99% of all the addons that are in the package and will just have to tinker to figure out how to manually configure them rathar then having the handy Mazzel do it for me.
11-02-07, 06:23 AM   #26
Wavebow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I have already started to understand and manually configure all the addons that mazzle uses in the compilation. I just wonder, if there is a good addonupdater out there? So i would try to maintain the addons by myself. What I am not able/like to do is coding in lua.

Another questions is are the manually updated adons compatible with an older version of the "core" of mazzleui?

Maybe I should note that I am new to WoW since this week . Tried WoW for the first time at release and now found back again .

Last edited by Wavebow : 11-02-07 at 06:28 AM.
11-02-07, 08:41 PM   #27
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I agree with the post 2 above me.

Patch day, most of the addons in the compilation will be updated, and hopefully Meio or someone else who knows what they are doing can fix up the Mazzle_UI files. But we can only hope, and just in case, I already made a whole backup Interface to revert to. Be prepared!
11-02-07, 09:51 PM   #28
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by ganders
I agree with the post 2 above me.

Patch day, most of the addons in the compilation will be updated, and hopefully Meio or someone else who knows what they are doing can fix up the Mazzle_UI files. But we can only hope, and just in case, I already made a whole backup Interface to revert to. Be prepared!
If I'm being honest, an update to this package is unlikely given how poorly commented the Mazzle UI files are (unless Mazz comes back to save the day). We can still hope, but much like you, I've been working on my own compilation with the same look and feel for personal use in the time being in case 2.3 screws the pooch completely. Luckily, most of the mods that Mazzle relies on (and similar ones that have been updated but accomplish the same effect) allow you to make something pretty similar, but without the automation. Mine works fine on the 2.3 PTR minus a few mods that I know will get updates the day or two after (i.e. Cartographer).
11-03-07, 02:09 AM   #29
Detritis
A Black Drake
I tested Mazzle on the PTR yesterday, stripping it down to the bare minimum just to get Mazzle to load.

As of yesterday I managed to Mazzify with only a couple show stopping errors:-

1: DUF is borked (again), UnitIsCivilian as mentioned already has been removed so its an easy fix, the gameToolip error in DUF_Element\... UnitFrame_OnEnter(frame) is broken (again)

2: Mazzifier itself has an issue in Mazzifier_Configs.lua with 'SetCVar("statusBarText", "1")' , seems they added a slew of more options and simply removing this line fixes it.

3: Postal is broken , but with the new mail box stuff might not be a problem.

4: Smartbuff is broken, should be updated though.

5: SW_Stats is very broken, not sure on update status.

6: TinyTip seems to be having an issue with gameTooltip but didnt have much time to test, should be updated anyway for 2.3.

Updating numbers 1 and 2 and simply disabling 3-5 will allow you to Mazzify as normal. I did limited testing on the PvP addons as I forgot to Mazzify them and ran out of time anyway. I will test some more and update with more info.

Detritis

Last edited by Detritis : 11-03-07 at 02:17 AM.
11-03-07, 07:17 AM   #30
Agrevail
A Defias Bandit
Yup they patched ptr yet again yesterday and when it came back up I was able to log onto the ptr with mazzle running.

Now its just a case of sorting out the errors...
11-08-07, 08:54 AM   #31
ceraph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
/bump for Mazzle justice
11-08-07, 02:51 PM   #32
Moonsong
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
The only problem I had was the unable to complete Mazzification problem, which results from having the right (originally shipped with Mazzle) version of Autobar and AutobarConfig.

I had them disabled, thinking that would help but they need to be enabled.

Otherwise it worked fine, including shapeshifting while in combat - at least for the time I was in, that I could determine.

I had disabled quite a few nonessential items, cartographer, and others, and I did get error messages but nothing seemed so broken that it will never work again.

Woot!

For what it's worth - I did not replace my Mazzle back after 2.2 but instead followed the directions for fixing DUF, etc. *grin*

Thanks !
11-09-07, 03:13 AM   #33
Detritis
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Arkive
If I'm being honest, an update to this package is unlikely given how poorly commented the Mazzle UI files are (unless Mazz comes back to save the day). We can still hope, but much like you, I've been working on my own compilation with the same look and feel for personal use in the time being in case 2.3 screws the pooch completely. Luckily, most of the mods that Mazzle relies on (and similar ones that have been updated but accomplish the same effect) allow you to make something pretty similar, but without the automation. Mine works fine on the 2.3 PTR minus a few mods that I know will get updates the day or two after (i.e. Cartographer).
I will have to disagree with you on the likelyhood of Mazzle UI being updated due to the 'poorly commented' state of the Mazzle UI files. Mazzle relies heavyly on other addons to do what it does best and unfortunately if those break or get abandoned Mazzle will suffer.

As for 2.3 I am only looking for an update to SW_Stats and Smart Buff both of which when Mazzified break the process but that in and of itself with them disabled do not degrade the use of Mazzle.

All we can really do is wait for 2.3 to hit and cleanup the mess afterwards, or as you hav already said move on to other things.
11-10-07, 07:07 AM   #34
ceraph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
OK I too was just able to mazzify.

I disabled:
Cartographer (and dependencies)
Deadly Boss Mods
SmartBuff

I modified these based on the suggestions on the first page:

commented out the lines 170-172 in the DUF_set.lua:

-- if (UnitIsCivilian(unit)) then
-- texture:SetTexCoord(0, 1, 0, 1);
-- texture:SetTexture("Interface\\AddOns\\DiscordUnitFrames\\Icons\\Civilian")

And changed line 173 to:

if (race and sex) then

Mazzle looks great and works well too.

Installing the new beta version of DBM works well, also enabled Atlas and that seems to work well also, only issue I am seeing is with Postal. However as mentioned before it doesn't break the functionality of Mazzle.

Last edited by ceraph : 11-10-07 at 08:00 AM.
11-10-07, 02:04 PM   #35
blugh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ok so i did what the poster 2 above me said and i was able to mazzifie ok.. only problem i see now is when you click on any npc now you get the "No camera found" and then the "Ohh" sound from one of the lumberjacks lol.. now all the 3d npc come up great in the lil window so it seems to be workin.. does anyone know how to turn off that sound?
11-11-07, 09:02 PM   #36
Lathana
A Kobold Labourer
Cartographer transparency issues on 2.3 PTR?

Everything seems to be working OK with Mazzle/Cartographer in general once I updated from WoWAce, but the transparency stuff seems to be broken (i.e. I can't have the map up and see what's going on).

I really like the customized map look and I'm curious if there's something I'm missing or a known broken thing (I haven't seen any so far) -- BugSack is reasonably empty at this point...

I've tried various transparency settings under "Look and Feel" with not much luck.

Is there another addon that makes the map have the edges that follow the zone shape and make it mostly transparent (i.e. no black screen overlay behind the map?).

- Lathana
11-12-07, 01:25 AM   #37
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

the current version of cartographer is not usable, what you're seeing is the blizzard map. Nothing can be done until cartographer is updated, since its not essential, i didn't bother making a fix for it. MazzleUI is definitely still usable when the patch hits.
11-12-07, 07:28 AM   #38
donofthedead
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Malinoric
MazzleUI is definitely still usable when the patch hits.
wooooooooooooot!

(is it 10 characters yet?)
11-12-07, 10:30 AM   #39
Arianah
A Murloc Raider

Quick question...with the patch coming out tomorrow should I download Mazzle today or wait? I just recently heard of it and was interested in trying it out. Finally got my own computer as well so now I can go nuts on mods for wow. Any responses are greatly appreciated. I'm also currently only level 10...is it worth it to get Mazzle now or should I wait until 60ish?

Last edited by Arianah : 11-12-07 at 12:04 PM. Reason: added a thought
11-12-07, 11:41 AM   #40
LordElder
A Fallenroot Satyr

I'm very much a newbie at editing Add-On files. So what does it mean when someone says to "Comment something out"?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 2.3 & Mazzle