10-08-08, 10:40 PM   #21
Peneth
A Fallenroot Satyr
I've offered my Beta account to whoever's willing to code - so far one person's responded and is waiting to get permission from Mazzle before I hand it over to him.

Despite that, I strongly encourage ANYONE and EVERYONE to help and work on it too. It is a community project to keep Mazzle up after all!
10-10-08, 12:12 AM   #22
Zavierv
A Murloc Raider
The test server is up and should provide enough of a testing ground without offering your beta key.. Current build on the test server is patch 3.0.2.. and anyone can get into the PTR

To bad I am not a coder because I really really enjoy using MazzleUI... Thanks for a awesome UI!
10-11-08, 12:07 PM   #23
Ratselblitz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Unhappy Need better coordination

I disagree... we need to be working off the WotLK.

I have one beta account and can get more if necessary. Mazzle needs to coordinate this effort more - in my opinion - or let people create derivative works.

This appears totally leaderless. Which is a very different situation than people not wanting to volunteer. I count 3 people in this thread trying to make sure Mazzle works with Mazzle posting that no one volunteers.

Where is the post requesting volunteers? I manage a dozen developers and this is not how you get people organized or get anything accomplished.
10-11-08, 12:36 PM   #24
Peneth
A Fallenroot Satyr
Apolis is now on Beta working on Mazzle as per the deal, he works on the coding and I hand over the Beta account to him. I personally, would appreciate it if others stepped up and talked to him/her and worked as a team.
10-12-08, 12:04 AM   #25
Zavierv
A Murloc Raider
I would love to help out as much as I can.. just not a coder.. guess I could take the time and read up on making them.. anyone know where I can read up on them? Woiuld like to help out all I can if I knew how to code them..

From what I am hearing that 3.0 patch is next week.. So hopefully most of this will get going before patch..
10-12-08, 12:14 AM   #26
blahism
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Doesn't 3.02 go live this tuesday?
10-12-08, 12:29 AM   #27
Zavierv
A Murloc Raider
yep thats what I am hearing
10-13-08, 08:53 AM   #28
Brillynt
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When the 3.02 patch comes out then DUF will break as all of the Buffs and Debuff API has changed. The discord mods website is working on all of the Discord mods but no time line for the fixes is available.

Also the dropdown box api has changed also which will break the mazzify screens.
10-13-08, 12:31 PM   #29
blahism
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Looks like the patch is out tomorrow for sure.. site message says down till 2pm so that means 5 for us east coast peeps
10-13-08, 12:38 PM   #30
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by Brillynt View Post
Also the dropdown box api has changed also which will break the mazzify screens.
The dropdown API signatures reversed the parameters: just swapping the number and object in the dropdown API calls will fix them most of the time. But from what I saw the Mazzifier has bigger problems than that.

The DUF changes needed for the buffs aren't that bad, they're somewhat easier now and just take some bifurcation of the buff handling code, if that's the only problems DUF has.
10-13-08, 07:43 PM   #31
ghostdance76
A Defias Bandit
I am incredibly worried about losing my mazzle its the only way i have played for a long time. that being said i wish everyone workin on it luck i have no experience nor skill working on UIs. id donate cash to this project but im broke as all hell. anyways good luck and god bless mazzle.
10-13-08, 11:18 PM   #32
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ghostdance76 View Post
I am incredibly worried about losing my mazzle its the only way i have played for a long time. that being said i wish everyone workin on it luck i have no experience nor skill working on UIs. id donate cash to this project but im broke as all hell. anyways good luck and god bless mazzle.

I've lost Mazzleui more times than I can care to remember due to major and minor patches, as have many, many other long time users (likely you have too if you're a long time user). I LOVE this UI, but I don't love it enough to keep forking over cash every time it gets an update. Maybe it will be updated, maybe it won't; I just can't see continuing to support someone that 'feeds' off of other programmers to fix "their" ui, with little to no work (other than maintaining the portal). I've counted at least 50 thank you posts to Mazzle over the years I've used this ui, and every time I've donated to it (4-6 times) I've never once received a "thanks for your support" back (something I get from a few other authors I've donated to; even most corporations will give a thank you reply via email).

Good luck Mazzle, you really made a great ui. It's too bad that eventually most people will see through the tactics you use to keep feeding off this project while you are off in WAR or AoC or whatever the flavor of the week MMO is at the time. Why don't you think about the reasons most other authors won't touch your ui with a 10' Nat Pagles fishing pole. Would it be because of your controlling personality? Perhaps complaining in articles about people who attempt to help Mazzle users (who, at the time, had a broken ui) by asking your permission to work on something, and after no reply they use something from your derivative work only to get pounded by the community for theft (3 sides to every story, I'm just calling it like I see it)? I guess I could be wrong on all accounts; you could be a saint that shares the profits with the people that work on the bugs (breaks) this ui suffers from after most patches, but by reading through the posts that I've come across, this isn't the case.

*Sorry for any grammatical errors and/or hostile nature. This isn't an attempt at trolling, just a very unsatisfied customer expressing his right to customer feedback.
10-14-08, 07:47 AM   #33
blahism
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I certainly hope to see mazzle live on! I'll volunteer to help work out dependencies, debug what i can and help see what lives and dies beyond 2.4
10-14-08, 10:36 AM   #34
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I've lost Mazzleui more times than I can care to remember due to major and minor patches, as have many, many other long time users (likely you have too if you're a long time user). I LOVE this UI, but I don't love it enough to keep forking over cash every time it gets an update. Maybe it will be updated, maybe it won't; I just can't see continuing to support someone that 'feeds' off of other programmers to fix "their" ui, with little to no work (other than maintaining the portal). I've counted at least 50 thank you posts to Mazzle over the years I've used this ui, and every time I've donated to it (4-6 times) I've never once received a "thanks for your support" back (something I get from a few other authors I've donated to; even most corporations will give a thank you reply via email).
When I played WoW, I was actually quite methodical about responding to folks (usually via the e-mail in their paypal thing), but almost no donations come in any more, so I don't even notice them anymore. If you made a donation, then thanks.

Good luck Mazzle, you really made a great ui. It's too bad that eventually most people will see through the tactics you use to keep feeding off this project while you are off in WAR or AoC or whatever the flavor of the week MMO is at the time.
lol, feeding off this project? I would be dead of starvation if that were the case. You grossly overestimate how much authors make off donations. I know it's easy to imagine profits pouring in given how many people play MMOs, but that's not the case. I've probably been one of the more fortunate among them, but that was only during some key periods in the development. I've got almost nothing since quitting WoW. When I considered making a MazzleUI site, I got some comments from other authors on how much they've gotten in donations. Let's just say that most authors, some of whom had good stuff out for years, would be lucky to buy a good gaming mouse with the proceeds from their work. I suspect the only folks making any decent money of add-ons are those running ad-driven sites. All the rest of us could continue to take donations for years and be lucky if it ever translate to 10 cents/hour. Your donations and accusations are, quite frankly, absurd and misinformed.

Why don't you think about the reasons most other authors won't touch your ui with a 10' Nat Pagles fishing pole. Would it be because of your controlling personality?
No idea. Maybe.

Perhaps complaining in articles about people who attempt to help Mazzle users (who, at the time, had a broken ui) by asking your permission to work on something, and after no reply they use something from your derivative work only to get pounded by the community for theft (3 sides to every story, I'm just calling it like I see it)?
I hope you're just someone who's really misinformed. The articles and threads specifically dealt with a plagiarizer who stole code and released it as his own stand-alone add-on, and the sites that enable and support such behavior. It had NOTHING to do with people who had posted or were interested in posting fixes to MazzleUI.

I guess I could be wrong on all accounts; you could be a saint that shares the profits with the people that work on the bugs (breaks) this ui suffers from after most patches, but by reading through the posts that I've come across, this isn't the case.
Both things can be true, which I think is the case. I don't think I'm a saint, and I do think you are wrong on all accounts.

*Sorry for any grammatical errors and/or hostile nature. This isn't an attempt at trolling, just a very unsatisfied customer expressing his right to customer feedback.
You are NOT a customer. You're someone who donated. Those are two very different things. Nonetheless, that puts you higher in my book than the 99% who don't donate to me or anyone else ever.
10-14-08, 01:26 PM   #35
Mixsae
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
First, MazzleUI is the best UI compilation I've come across. Absolutely amazing.

Next, to weigh in on the discussion -- why not make MazzleUI a product (if that's legal, I've no idea of Blizzard's terms on this) that you sell? I understand that you've moved on from WoW -- I'm sure all of us will, eventually -- and no longer want to work on your "gift". If you don't want to work on it, you could always license what you've done and allow derivative works to be made at a profit. This would allow all of us to be happy -- because if I have to do without MazzleUI, I'm in deep trouble.

Something to think about, anyway...but I know that I'd pay for MazzleUI (or a derivative work) rather than lose it forever...
10-14-08, 01:43 PM   #36
ifrit6268
A Kobold Labourer
Don't be hattin on Mazzle

Well, to those who feel Mazz has let you down, such as one user inpaticular feels, I do recall an announcement from Mazzle a while ago stating that for the most part he would not be updating the ui any longer due to a loss of intrest in WoW. So no need for name calling or accusations which apperantly you have not looked into very well. As for the ui itself, for those who are able to write the code, let me know if there is anything needed and I will do my best to help. (and no I cant code, wish I could)
10-14-08, 01:50 PM   #37
seffyroff
A Defias Bandit
Echoing what everyone else has said, and I'm sure its a real obvious thing to Mazzle, and he's simply moved on; I'd absolutely pay a subscription fee to have an always updated MazzleUI.

Such a thing might even persuade me to return to WoW. Losing this perfect UI was easily one of the largest contributors to me stopping playing WoW.

Really, Blizzard should pay Mazzle to write them a new UI

P.S.: Did you know Warhammer Online has a Lua UI scripting system? (Just kidding )
10-14-08, 02:05 PM   #38
Mixsae
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well, I'd be more than happy to help -- and I can code (though I've never even looked at LUA -- C++, VB, C#, JavaScript and VBScript being more in my wheelhouse).

I may not be the best in the world (some of LUA is kind of 'out there' -- why call it a table when it's a dictionary??) but I'm more than willing to do what I can and learn what I can't.
10-14-08, 03:25 PM   #39
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My apologies to all for posting that wall of crap here. The only advice I can give is to never post on patchday while drunk. I am certain you won't see anything like that from me again
10-14-08, 05:34 PM   #40
dizzy49
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm a LONG time user of Mazzle, and I've even donated TWICE in the past. I've been shopping around for a replacement UI for quite some time, but frankly, I have yet to find a UI that is as complete, user friendly, while keeping a relatively clean interface and maximizing the screen space.

So far all I've run across are class specific compilations that I feel are very incomplete. I found one UI that's 'Not Bad' at best, but the UI takes up over 1/3 of the screen! Looks like the only way to get a good UI is to make your own, and I don't have the knowledge or time for that Which is why I've always been more than willing to donate to the project.

Maybe there should be a donation pool going to the people who are updating Mazzle. Honestly, if I was guaranteed a completely updated and working UI by the time WoTLK comes out, I'd be willing to put forth $50 or $60. Of course, by 'updated' I mean the latest libs and things, ace3, Bongo3 etc, so that future updates would be much easier. I have a feeling there are at least a few other users such as myself that would be willing to put forth a bit more than $5 or $10 for such an update. I think if some people are willing to take the challenge they should let us know what it would take so we have a goal to shoot for.

Anyway, that's my $0.02

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 3.0/WoTLK Changes