05-16-09, 04:15 PM   #21
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
Someone's bound to ask sooner or later, and I think I'm going to bite the bullet and take one for the team.

Would someone be able to write a module for integration with...

WoWMatrix?

There. It's out. I said it.

/brace self
Now where is that old flamethrower? Ah yes, there it is, next to the barrel o' naplam... What? You mean your post was, **gasp** sarcasm?! Drat! I was so ready for a good old fashioned flaming. I guess I will have to find someone else to douse in liquid fire.
05-16-09, 04:20 PM   #22
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

/Johnny Storm mode on
/FLAME ON!
/Johhny Storm mode off
/Harry Dresden mode on
/FUEGO!!!
/Harry Dresden mode off

Thank you.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
05-16-09, 04:48 PM   #23
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
Someone's bound to ask sooner or later, and I think I'm going to bite the bullet and take one for the team.

WoWMatrix?

/brace self
Ok, I'll bite. They would have to make the module and sign it themselves for it to be 'legit'. Considering the fact that they are only hosting a couple of dozen unique addons and the rest are just GPLed versions they could get away with legally, plus everything that has transpired, I'm not exactly sure just how popular said module would be.
05-16-09, 06:01 PM   #24
orionshock
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

WoWMatrix?
While i can belive that this might have been posted in jest. The IMO answer is that it cannot be done. Minion and WM are effectively providing similar ehough services. However minion will do the job a metric ton better.

Last edited by orionshock : 05-16-09 at 06:40 PM.
05-16-09, 06:08 PM   #25
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It is possible that they may wish to write a module for it. It would have to respect the same rules as all the rest of the modules though.
05-16-09, 08:14 PM   #26
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
It is possible that they may wish to write a module for it. It would have to respect the same rules as all the rest of the modules though.
Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
Ok, I'll bite. They would have to make the module and sign it themselves for it to be 'legit'. Considering the fact that they are only hosting a couple of dozen unique addons and the rest are just GPLed versions they could get away with legally, plus everything that has transpired, I'm not exactly sure just how popular said module would be.
Originally Posted by orionshock View Post
While i can belive that this might have been posted in jest. The IMO answer is that it cannot be done. Minion and WM are effectively providing similar ehough services. However minion will do the job a metric ton better.
I originally came here as a WM supporter, and I still have the WM supporter in mind with every question I ask. I was thrilled to humor the WM bashers, and that was in part my intent, but it was not my only goal. I asked that question for a couple reasons, and it was to defuse a couple argumentative ideas before they happened.

As it is possible to integrate WM with Minion, WM can't say WoWI is trying to push them out of the "business".

As it is possible to integrate WM with Minion, WM users can come here and get the same love they think they've had with WM.

As it is possible to integrate WM with Minion, WoWI has remained as objective and open with everyone involved as much as possible, and they are providing a safe, legal, and easy-to-use manager that caters to the average user which Curse, WoWI, and WM all claim to be their chief focus.

I'm glad you all enjoyed my question. I'm happy to have gotten it out of the way.

05-17-09, 05:34 AM   #27
Bomyne
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

WoWMatrix?

/brace self

No, WoWI won't host modules that aren't writen by the site owner (The owners of WoWMatrix). They posted that in a faq a while back.

So unless WoWM admits their updater is dead and joins the party themselves, you won't have such luck.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » An Open Invitation to Authors and Other AddOn Hosting Sites