02-09-07, 07:47 PM   #41
Grizelda
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Vint
Currently, yes. FOM was removed because of a conflict with Rating Buster. It'd cause errors and you wouldn't see the "X loves this food" type tooltip information. The Rating Buster author says he's reviewed the FOM code, and is pointing the finger at Fizzwidget. I haven't seen anything on the Fizzwidget site about it, and the most recent update to FOM did not address it.
Aw, nuts. Well, I guess I'll go with KotJ for now, but I really hope that Rating Buster and Fizzwidget work out the problem. Thanks for letting me know!

02-10-07, 12:17 PM   #42
Spennig
A Murloc Raider
Two addons I wondered about, and I'm still learning this, given I've only had it a day... One I've seen suggested is FuBar's QuestFu. I love that it not only tracks your quest progress on the tracker, but also the progress of those in your party if they have it. It does the color coding and is flexible as to changes between zones. If MonkeyQuest does that, someoneis welcome to drop a rock on me ^_^;;

The other question I had, and this is just wondering.. I have seen a lot of comments about bars switching for prowl on druids, etc.. does bongos not do the page switching, or is it just not set in the mazzifyer options? If bongos can't manage it, how hard would it be for me to pull bongos out and replace it with Bartender3 , which I'm used to & does the tabbing with form shifts? I've got 3-4 different bars for all my druid forms, different attacks, etc. Bartender3 is an Ace2 addon, very clean, and lets you set a bar for the auto-switch when you adjust forms.

[EDIT] Given comments elsewhere on the extensive Bongos modification, you're welcome to ignore my second suggestion there...[/EDIT]

Feel free to squish me, but I'm trying to sort out the new setup, and seeing what works better or not than what i was used to... I love the friend who suggested I look at this, but wow.. re-doing UI settings as an alt-a-holic is crazy.

Last edited by Spennig : 02-10-07 at 01:19 PM.

02-10-07, 01:46 PM   #43
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I fully encourage you guys to give lots of these kinds of suggestions, especially ones where you make structured comparisons like some of you have.

Anyway, how does questfu know how far your groupmates are in a quest?

02-10-07, 01:58 PM   #44
Spennig
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
I fully encourage you guys to give lots of these kinds of suggestions, especially ones where you make structured comparisons like some of you have.

Anyway, how does questfu know how far your groupmates are in a quest?
I'm not sure exactly -how-, though I'm assuming the same way the Blizz UI tells who else is on one, it tracks when they get a quest kill or item & then updates the information from the quest logs across to list the comparison.. it makes it very nice to not have to ask every few minues "how many more, dear" oh 3.. oh 2, etc.

I'm not what you'd call the best coder, tho, so I can't tell you what makes it work, just that it's lovely.

02-10-07, 07:04 PM   #45
Rayyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
TalentPlanner is a lot easier to use than Talented IMO. No configuration needed. Very simple to use.

http://www-en.curse-gaming.com/favorites/go/270076/

Last edited by Rayyl : 02-10-07 at 07:08 PM.

02-10-07, 07:11 PM   #46
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Rayyl
TalentPlanner is a lot easier to use than Talented IMO. No configuration needed. Very simple to use.

http://www-en.curse-gaming.com/favorites/go/270076/

Yeah, I've looked at that in the past. It seems far less flexible (no templates) and doesn't allow you to see all three talent trees at once. I do like that it updates tooltips using a database extracted from blizzard's web page.

02-10-07, 07:32 PM   #47
viva
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm a priest, my UI is my and my party's life. I don't change UI's on a whim, but yours was too tasty to pass up. I've been playing with it for just a short time, but I believe I have read the FAQ thoroughly and have not been able to find the answer I'm looking for.

The group frames exhibit health as a percentage. I need to see health as a number deficit. This allows me to choose the appropriate spell to cast to remove that deficit. Any way to display health in this manner? Also is there a way to have the health bar change color when a certain deficit (say 2k hps) has been reached?

Thanks, and kudos for all your hard work, this is a polished and impressive piece of work.

02-10-07, 10:43 PM   #48
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by viva
I'm a priest, my UI is my and my party's life. I don't change UI's on a whim, but yours was too tasty to pass up. I've been playing with it for just a short time, but I believe I have read the FAQ thoroughly and have not been able to find the answer I'm looking for.

The group frames exhibit health as a percentage. I need to see health as a number deficit. This allows me to choose the appropriate spell to cast to remove that deficit. Any way to display health in this manner? Also is there a way to have the health bar change color when a certain deficit (say 2k hps) has been reached?

Thanks, and kudos for all your hard work, this is a polished and impressive piece of work.
The unit frames are done via Discord Unit Frames. You can change how the unit frames look via it's options.

If you don't know how to use DUF, I suggest visiting the discord site at http://www.discordmods.com/.

02-11-07, 05:15 AM   #49
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

TBAG'in

Originally Posted by Alaerio
personally i replaced baggins with the very nice TBag as i feel it has more features and is easier to manage, just have to make sure to turn off your "open all bags when at vendor/mail" in the mazzleui general options

so i think including would be cool and hasn't caused any issues for me yet

also TrainerFu I find an invaluable resource for levelling tradeskills away from the trainer
I can agree that Tbag is one of the best bag mod i have ever used with WOW..... everyone i have shown it has changed so far...... yes it lags slightly each time you update your bag by resorting it...... but apart from that it works wonderfully......

02-11-07, 07:37 AM   #50
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

A list of differences would be a lot more informative than "is the best."

02-11-07, 10:32 AM   #51
Slimcea
A Kobold Labourer
Hi Mazzle, first off I'd like to say thanks for all the hard work on the pack.

Couple of suggestions - currently, ItemSync is responsible for reporting tooltip prices. I would like to suggest that this functionality be replaced with ColaLight instead. ColaLight is more configurable (different display formats), comes with a decent pre-built DB, and most importantly, integrates with GarbageFu out of the bag.

Also, GarbageFu's sell-all icon on the vendor frame looks kinda out of place (it's a Windows XP Recycle Bin icon!). Perhaps replacing it with one of the default Blizzard bags or a treasure icon (like AutoProfit) would be more in line with the rest of the interface.

02-11-07, 11:26 AM   #52
Imanelf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I prefer Fizzwidget's Feed-o-matic (FOM) over King of the Jungle for easy Hunter pet feeding.

1. FOM will use up the smallest stack in your inventory helping to optimize bag space.
2. FOM can put up a text message and/or play a sound to let you know the pet needs feeding.
3. No per item configuration is necessary. FOM has a few sensible options and then makes the right choice.
4. Fizzwidget is a silly gnome like Mazzle.

02-11-07, 11:37 AM   #53
Imanelf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quest-I-On has one feature that made me choose it over MonkeyQuest in my old UI. It has an auto expand/minimize on mouseover and nice fade in/out options. I don't want my quest log up all the time because it takes up space. But I do need to check it often and clicking it open and close gets annoying. I liked just swinging my mouse over into the space and having it expand or fade in and then going away when I move my mouse away.

02-11-07, 11:57 AM   #54
Imanelf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I haven't yet delved into the Baggins configuration to see if this is possible but I would like my unequipped BOE gear to be separated from my soulbound gear.

02-11-07, 11:58 AM   #55
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Question SuperMacros

I must say, it is a great UI. Excellent work, Mazzle.

What about adding SuperMacros into the UI?

The add-on extends the functionality of Blizzard's macro system. Plus it allows you to go beyond the 255 character limit. Actually, right now, it is the only Non-Mazzle add-on I'm using.

I'm going to suggest to my brothers to look into this UI.

02-11-07, 12:04 PM   #56
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Slimcea
Hi Mazzle, first off I'd like to say thanks for all the hard work on the pack.

Also, GarbageFu's sell-all icon on the vendor frame looks kinda out of place (it's a Windows XP Recycle Bin icon!). Perhaps replacing it with one of the default Blizzard bags or a treasure icon (like AutoProfit) would be more in line with the rest of the interface.

This would be a better suggestion to give GarbageFu's author. For what its worth, I do agree that it looks kinda silly.

02-11-07, 12:05 PM   #57
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Imanelf
I prefer Fizzwidget's Feed-o-matic (FOM) over King of the Jungle for easy Hunter pet feeding.

1. FOM will use up the smallest stack in your inventory helping to optimize bag space.
2. FOM can put up a text message and/or play a sound to let you know the pet needs feeding.
3. No per item configuration is necessary. FOM has a few sensible options and then makes the right choice.
4. Fizzwidget is a silly gnome like Mazzle.
FOM currently conflicts with Rating Buster (its been mentioned in one of these threads..possibly this one)

02-11-07, 12:52 PM   #58
Laurana
A Murloc Raider
Wow, glad I read this thread else I wouldn't have learned about the perils of Auctioneer. I was using it quite a bit (updated it frequently) and after a period of playing time I would notice my hard drive would start thrashing and WoW would stutter or slow down to a crawl. I loaded Auctioneer after playing with Mazzle's for a day, but I'll go ahead and pull it off now. It's easy enough to alt-tab out to Alla's anyway.

Other mods I've added in: Excuses and Smack Talk. I imagine there's little reason for Mazzle to implement chatty mods like these, but I do love 'em. I also like the "chattiness" features of Cryolysis, Necrosis, and Serenity (yay, it's back!) - how easy is it to implement that kind of feature into the UI, short of adding macros?

Regardless, I love this compilation as it does nearly everything I want it to do and more. If I discover something else I'd like to see implemented I'll add it in later, for now - off to explore the UI some more!

02-11-07, 01:07 PM   #59
Khameleon
An Aku'mai Servant
Bongos is terrible IMO. It resets everything when you try to add more action bars or take some away with the slider. You can lose hours of work with it too easily.

I recommend Bartender3 it is easier to understand and you will not lose your settings by just sliding a bar.....

02-11-07, 01:09 PM   #60
Khameleon
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Imanelf
I haven't yet delved into the Baggins configuration to see if this is possible but I would like my unequipped BOE gear to be separated from my soulbound gear.
I also was trying to do this but could not find it.

ArkInventory is a similar ace2 addon and it lets you seperate your bags into sections like this, but it seems to have more options including soulbound/not soulbound.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Add-On and Settings Suggestions OLD