02-09-07, 12:32 PM   #21
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I have a quick suggestion for the keybinding for GoGoMount. Shift-` is not very convenient to get to- sometimes I like to mount up quickly. I have personally changed the binding to shift-space, but haven't remapped what it was currently bound to yet. (I think it was the score window for BGs? Correct me if I'm wrong. ) Now I don't have to move my hand position for it. And you generally use your mount more often than looking at your BG score window.
02-09-07, 12:43 PM   #22
AstralWolf
Premium Member
Premium Member
Actually, there is an addon called SimpleActionSets that lets you easily backup/restore your action mappings.

http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files...e-action-sets/
02-09-07, 01:32 PM   #23
buffaloof
A Murloc Raider

Red face button layout

Hi Mazzle and Team

I love the UI and everything about it. I play a shaman and a rogue and many other alts. One suggestion about key bindings, Nature swiftness is a pretty important spell in a pinch and right now the mazzle ui button layout has it at alt7. That is a rather difficult combination to hit while on the run with my left hand. Right now I had to shift it to shift-r but i know that changes reply2.

Maybe shift space would be more appropriate for it. Just a suggestion. Thanks for the great work.
02-09-07, 01:40 PM   #24
Durzil
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Which Shaman Layout are you using?
Give Locks Green Fire!!!
02-09-07, 02:11 PM   #25
buffaloof
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Durzil
Which Shaman Layout are you using?

Mazzle's shaman button layout.

Last edited by buffaloof : 02-09-07 at 02:17 PM.
02-09-07, 02:23 PM   #26
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah
I have a quick suggestion for the keybinding for GoGoMount. Shift-` is not very convenient to get to- sometimes I like to mount up quickly. I have personally changed the binding to shift-space, but haven't remapped what it was currently bound to yet. (I think it was the score window for BGs? Correct me if I'm wrong. ) Now I don't have to move my hand position for it. And you generally use your mount more often than looking at your BG score window.

Actually, after a little while, you get used to the shift-tilde to mount up, and especially when you hit level 70 and get a flying mount, shift-space can be an extremely deadly combination.

Imagine if you are typing, holding down shift for one reason or another, after you hit enter, you hit space... while flying.... you will die a horrible death. Also, this combination is easy to accidentally hit, again, which can be a very deadly experience. You only actually mount what? Once every few minutes at the very most? It's a somewhat situational key, but must still be easy to access. Thus, it is actually very intuitive to leave it where it is at. No danger of accidentally hitting it, and it's still within very easy reach.

As for the battleground map, I agree it is pretty situational when you actually are going to 'use' it, but when you do, having it bound to shift+space means you have the scores at your fingertips, and... if you happen to get in combat while looking at the scores, or need to close them fast for some reason, that is equally as fast (rather then reaching for that irritating escape key). I personally use this keybind a lot to 'flash' the scores while I'm in BG's. I simply hit it twice, it pops up for an instant and disappears, and that's all I really end up needing to see them.

On the other hand, perhaps we should use shift+space to bind special abilities, such as above with natures swiftness on druid/shaman, blink on mage, etc. I think this could be a very powerful, yet easily overlooked combination. If this was the case, then I could even recommend switching the BG scores to say, alt+space (a little more difficult to press, thus can be for this more 'situational' binding). Perhaps if we can find two of these 'special' skills like this, bind the less 'useful' of the two to ctrl+space.

-TigerHeart

Last edited by TigerHeart : 02-09-07 at 02:27 PM.
02-09-07, 02:53 PM   #27
Gemminie
A Fallenroot Satyr

I'm very used to using Shift+Space to flip my camera, to quickly see if anything's behind me without having to move the mouse.

I'm also very used to using Ctrl+Space for Stealth/Prowl, if I'm on a Rogue or Druid. It's a very easy combo to whack with the palm of my hand.

Actually, once I figured out that Shift-~ activated GoGoMount and found out what GoGoMount was, I got used to it really quickly!

I love MazzleUI's concept of making Z/X/C/V things that you need now and moving the default functions of those keys to the Ctrl+Z/X/C/V combos. I just need to quit blowing my cooldowns when I meant to open my character window.
02-09-07, 02:58 PM   #28
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Gemminie
I love MazzleUI's concept of making Z/X/C/V things that you need now and moving the default functions of those keys to the Ctrl+Z/X/C/V combos. I just need to quit blowing my cooldowns when I meant to open my character window.

You would not believe how many times I have done this... I still do it all the time.. I go to open my character window, and *BLAM* out goes a blastwave rofl.

-TigerHeart
02-09-07, 03:26 PM   #29
Durzil
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by buffaloof
Mazzle's shaman button layout.
Can't really help much with this then. I think shift R is a mistake tho for a replacement, also think shift + space would be a bad idea, I'll try and think of an easier key to use tho for my layout, its not a high priority tho cause it is somthing you can change and mazz has a lot more stuff to do than change keybindings
Give Locks Green Fire!!!
02-09-07, 03:47 PM   #30
buffaloof
A Murloc Raider

Talking button layout

Oh yes i understand

It was just a suggestion. I just have a hard time shifting my hand over to reach alt 7 or any of the alt combos. I have a tough time wanting to take my middle finger off the w key. I used to use these buttons for everything:

1,2,3,4,e,q,z,f,r,v,t,c and then the shift and ctrl versions of them all. Anyway it was just a suggestion for putting some crucial spells closer to my fingers with minimal movement. Thanks for the help Druzil
02-09-07, 03:55 PM   #31
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

buffaloof, another option you may like to try, is if you have a mouse with a bunch of buttons on it, bind this action to one of the buttons with a modifier, such as shift+mouse4, or even shift+middle mouse button. I find especially with 'spell modifiers' it makes them much easier to use, as you can hit the button on the mouse with one hand immediately followed by the keyboard on the other much faster then you can move your hand from one key to another on the keyboard. Just a suggestion for you as well .

-TigerHeart
02-09-07, 04:04 PM   #32
Durzil
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Just wanted to give my opion on this again now that I've thought about it some more, heres the real issue with making somthing like NS one the easiest acessed keys, its a talented ability and not all shaman have it, same for EM or SS ect, I tried to make my keybindings that are the most acessable be abilities that every shaman will have regardless of spec, now that being said I can see why you'd want NS easier to get too, I personally make a NS hotkey where I NS + Greater heal myself, and then just manually click NS + whatever else I want to do with it if Im doin somthing else, I'm still goin to give some thought to a way I could make it easier to use in my layout tho
Give Locks Green Fire!!!
02-09-07, 04:27 PM   #33
buffaloof
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up buttons

Thanks Druzil and Tigerheart

Those are both really good options. I will have to give them a try. Definitely need a new mouse anyway Thanks again.

Keep up the good work.
02-09-07, 05:23 PM   #34
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Thanks Druzil and Tigerheart

Those are both really good options. I will have to give them a try. Definitely need a new mouse anyway Thanks again.

Keep up the good work.

I personally recommend a mouse from a company known as 'razer', their site is www.razerzone.com. Their mice are of extremely high quality, are very easy to use, and come highly recommended all over. I personally use a Razer Copperhead myself.

-TigerHeart
02-10-07, 01:30 AM   #35
Rastwo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just a couple suggestions for the Paladin Layout:

1. After we get cleanse, purify is basically useless, it really shouldn't be on the main bar of numbers. I suggest a lower rank of Holy Light.

2. Seal of Command! The default for Seal of Command is Shift+6. I changed this immediately to Shift + 4, much easier to reach and to use.

3. Crusader Srike. I'm specced for CS, yet even when I re-mazzified it did not show up on my bars. I bound it do the tab key, and I now use "shift+tab" for selecting targets.
02-10-07, 02:30 AM   #36
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh yes i understand

It was just a suggestion. I just have a hard time shifting my hand over to reach alt 7 or any of the alt combos. I have a tough time wanting to take my middle finger off the w key. I used to use these buttons for everything:

1,2,3,4,e,q,z,f,r,v,t,c and then the shift and ctrl versions of them all. Anyway it was just a suggestion for putting some crucial spells closer to my fingers with minimal movement. Thanks for the help Druzil
Yeah, I agree. I tried not to use anything past 5. IIRC, I only did that b/c that layout had six buttons in a row. Still, if I played a Shaman, I'd probably end up changing it as well. The layouts for classes I don't play aren't as developed as the other layouts. I basically just studied the old talent trees for a while and tried to maintain the philosophy in the other layouts. I'll look at it again when I do the next button review.

As for the alt key, I find it much easier to hit with most key combinations in the layouts because you use a big strong thumb instead of your pinky. But it does depends on the button you're hitting with it. If the associated button is on the left part of the keyboard, where the majority of the my button bindings are, it's easier. If it's on the right (anything past 5 or 'g'), it becomes harder b/c your thumb has to really tuck awkwardly to stay on the alt key. At that point, shift and ctrl become easier.
02-10-07, 02:33 PM   #37
Dulcea
A Murloc Raider
I'm actually wondering...which mod are you using that allows the button to be bound more than once for the same character. In this instance the hunter 'f' button paging. Its driving me nuts how to figure it out. ^_^
02-10-07, 02:43 PM   #38
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There is no add-on. The mazzifier just binds it.

You should be able to rebind it from mybindings 2. It's one of the action bar page up or page down bindings.
02-11-07, 10:29 AM   #39
Laurana
A Murloc Raider
Using the Mazzle Warrior key bindings, I keep getting into trouble by hitting my "T" key to target my enemies. Damn Retaliation gets blown each time (thank Elune it's only a 20 minute timer), so I rebound "T" back to targetting and am currently leaving Retaliation unbound. I'll play around with the setup and see which key combination would work best. Otherwise, the majority of the warrior layout is fairly intuitive. Charge is "1" (where I used to have shoot, but I like this setup better) and all my mostly used attacks are bound so I can easily get to them. Coming from a Trinity Bar user with my own setup and configuration, this will take some time getting used to but I'll get used to it.
02-11-07, 12:12 PM   #40
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Gemminie
Hehe... happened to me to on the first time I installed and used the UI.

But, I'll get used to it very soon.

I did notice something a little off.

When I mazzlegasm my hunter, I clicked on "C" and the character window opened. Does that mean my hunter doesn't have a skill that "C" is bound to?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Button Layouts and Keybinding Suggestions