02-08-07, 12:06 AM   #1
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MazzleUI 1.1 FAQ

Table of Contents

Setup
  • The text is way too tiny! Is something wrong?
  • I clicked the Mazzify button. It showed an animation of a gnome casting a spell, but nothing happened. Is Mazzlefizz forever trapped in time?
  • I need to Mazzify again. How do I pull up that window with the gorgeous gnome in it?
  • I just Mazzified my low-level character. The buttons are weird. There's just a few single buttons scattered around. That can't be right, is it?
  • I ran the Mazzifier, but the health bars on the target window and the bottom panel don't line up right
  • There are some long extra bars superimposed over the bottom bars (or on the side). They look out of place. What's going on?
  • Ack! When I logged in, there's this really scary window on the left with all these confusing numbers and add-on names! What is it? Will this window launch an all-out thermo-nuuclear war if I don't type the right thing in?
  • My Fubar is crowded with an insane amount of plugins, with text overlapping everywhere. It's life a flock of crazed, text-based birds at the top of my screen, ready to swoop in and kill my clean UI.
  • My camera moving behavior is not acting like it used to. I fear that Mazzlefizz is controlling the camera and uploading the footage to various dirty web sites. Please tell me that's not true.

Orientation
  • How do I access my bag slots or the main menu bar?
  • What is this context menu I keep hearing about and how do I use it?
  • Is it true that there are some top secret, hidden areas in the UI that allow you to quickly get to or do certain things?
  • This pushy UI is omniscient! It keeps telling me that buffs are expiring for me and my group. It's creeping me out. What's going on?
  • I've heard you mention efficiency modes several times now. What the hell are you talking about? Shouldn't the UI always be in an efficient mode?
  • I heard MazzleUI can hot-swap raid layouts. Does that mean Mazzlefizz is a swinger?
  • Why is the left combat log window so narrow? Why are there no scrollboxes?
  • I heard a cha-ching! Where are my loot messages?
  • MazzleUI is in my keybordz, steeling my strokes, or why aren't any of the keybindings I expect working?
  • How do I zoom in/out of the minimap?
  • WTF? Isn't MazzleUI supposed to include Titan or FuBar? I don't see it anywhere on my screen?!
  • I noticed this bar below the target that sometimes appears and start to fill up. Is it a measure of my target's awesomeness increasing as I stare at it?

Tweaking
  • What is mod X? How do I use it? How do I change its settings? How can I completely turn it off?
  • I want everything to be bigger. I tried to change the UI scale and now everything is in the wrong place. What's going on?
  • I don't like the video settings that the MazzleUI efficiency modes switch to. The low settings are way too low or the high settings are for too high for my system. And my porridge is a tad bid too cold.
  • I love that MazzleUI has lots of different install packages so I can configure perfectly. Nonetheless, I'm as fickle a Blizzard Forum poster and like to change what add-ons I'm using constantly. How can I satisfy that hunger more easily?
  • Can I update add-ons on my own or do I have to wait for new MazzleUI versions?
  • Can I drop other add-ons in or remove add-ons I don't want? Will that mess up MazzleUI or future Mazifications?
  • Today is Tuesday! Blizzard just released a patch! None of my add-ons work! What do I do?
  • I know the 3d models are nifty looking, but I'm worried that they are lagging my system. How expensive are they?
  • I am not an anal-retentive gnome who must know when every damn thing happens. How do I get rid of all those time stamps in the chat frames?
  • I need to adjust the time zone of the clock. How can I do that?
  • I know it's only a graphic, but I'm in love with the HUD. I'd like to run away with it, but, until then, how can I make sure I see it all the time?

Usage
  • I tried to grab her butt and ended up squeezing her boob. My sense of direction is horrible! How can I get to where I want to go more easily?
  • My party keeps telling me to 'heal' them. What MazzleUI add-ons can help me do that?
  • Mazzlefizz, you owe me big-time for using your UI. Why aren't you doing my shopping and laundry for me?
  • I have a retard in my group and I need to kick him out. But every time I right-click on his unit frame to get the player menu, I just cast a greater heal on him. Now he thinks I like him. Help!
  • I have new talent points, but the UI won't let me spend them! Why must the man always try to keep me down?
  • Oooh, it keeps track of my record damages, heals, and crits....but where do i go to view this information later?
  • Woah! There are a million add-ons in MazzleOptions. How can I possibly find what I'm looking for?
  • Hey, mass mailing isn't just for gold sellers. Why isn't there a mass mailer in the UI? Nihongo wa hanisimasen.

Usage - Class-specific
  • I am a hunter and my bestial wrath turns my kitty into a vicious pink marshmallow pussycat. More importantly, my hunter bars are not switching between the range and melee bar based on range.

Buttons
  • ZOMG! These buttons suck. They are too small. They are not where I want them. They're too far away from the left. They're too far from the right. They're way too square! MazzleUI sux!
  • A Guide to Configuring Your Action Bars
  • Every time I add a button or change my bars, MazzleUI keeps moving them back to the default positions. I am a button designing visionary! How do I stop this meddling UI from interfering with my work?
  • Dude, where's my mount?
  • Hmm... I've got a bunch of small letters like A1, C1, S1, etc... on my Action Buttons. What are they?
  • I need to change my button keybindings. Where is the best place to do that?
  • I just leveled and got my new spells... but how do i get get the UI to add them where they're supposed to be in this layout?
  • I just Mazzified and my button layout does not have one of my skills on it. Does that mean something went wrong?
  • My buttons are automatically casting spells on myself when I don't have the appropriate target. How do I turn that off?

A Guide to Configuring Your Action Bars

Troubleshooting
  • Every now and then I hear a weird sound that sounds like a star trek communicator. Does that mean William Shatner will soon appear to sing me the greatest songs of his youth?
  • I want to bind something to the mousewheel, but the bindings interface ignores me. How do I get my mousewheel off the UI's ignore list?
  • My MT windows aren't showing. How do I get them to show before I get kicked out of the raid.
  • My click-casting isn't working. Look! Clickity-click-click. Woe is me. What do I do?
  • I run on a Mac and WoW has been crashing on me. I thought Macss crash less than Windows. Has MazzleUI transported me to an alternate universe where everything is opposite?
  • My UI is laggy as hell? Waaah! Help me!
  • EEP! I Changed my Video/Interface settings and my chat boxes and/or minimap have disappeared! I can't get them back!! What have you done with them?!? The British are coming! The British are coming!

Last edited by meio : 07-17-07 at 10:00 AM.

02-08-07, 10:24 AM   #2
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Setup

The text is way too tiny! Is something wrong?
As a gnome, Mazzlefizz has excellent vision. Unfortunately, many of the lesser races seem to like bigger fonts than gnomes. If so, you're in good company and do have options. The first option is upgrading yourself to a gnome. Unfortunately, Gnomeregan is still working out the kinks with the upgrades. See leper gnomes for more information.

There is also an easier option. When mazzifying, you can choose from three different font sets: Normal, Medium, and Mr. Magoo. Simply choose another one. This font size setting changes two things in your UI. First, it sets the font sizes of the various chat windows to specific values. Second, it changes the overall scale of all fonts by a percentage. For example, 'Normal' sets the scale to 100% while 'Mr. Magoo' sets it to 130%.

If you find that there is no setting you are happy with -- for example, if you like the specific chat font size but don't like the scale of fonts in the rest of the UI -- you can change the elements you don't like quite easily.

To change the chat font sizes, simply right click on the chat tab above the chat window and set the font size to a value you do like. One caveat. The damage and combat log chat frames don't have chat tabs. So, if you want to modify their font settings, you'll need to first make their chat tabs visible. To do this, right-click on the Prat FuBar menu item and then select 'Enabled Modules' -> 'Chat Tabs' -> 'Individual -> ChatTab6 -> Always Visible. Do the same for ChatTab7 and you'll be able to edit the font sizes of both those chat windows.\n\nTo change the overall font scale, you'll need to access ClearFont. You can do this via MazzleOptions. The ClearFont scale will change the appearance of all fonts in the UI and will affect far more than just the chat window.

Finally, many add-ons have their own options for font size. For example, if you right-click on an empty part of Fubar, you change the font size it uses. If this still doenst provide enough clarity for you, some users have had luck installing the full version of ClearFont2 and changing to an entirely different font.

One piece of advice. If you're accustomed to running at a larger resolution and/or aspect ratio, I highly recommend trying the smaller sizes for a while. It may seem small since you're used to larger scale, but I suspect you may grow to like the increased information density/display. Of course, if you're running at a lower resolution, have a fuzzy display, etc. and simply can't read what is in the chat windows, by all means change the font size.
I clicked the Mazzify button. It showed an animation of a gnome casting a spell, but nothing happened. Is Mazzlefizz forever trapped in time?
While a gnome's good looks are impervious to the passage of time, I don't think that's what is happening here. You almost certainly had some sort of error during the Mazzification process. Odds are that it was related to goblin technology.

The first thing you have to do is find the error. Look in the Fubar for a menu called BugSack; it has an icon that looks like a green or red sack. If you mouseover it, you will see exactly what the error is. If you click on it, you can actually copy the error messages for posting on the MazzleUI forums in the appropriate thread. If there are no errors in Bugsack, check your chat window for text that looks like an error message. You may also want to take a screenshot, though, in most cases, the picture is not helpful unless you clearly post what the error is.

Note: If you see that the error is related to a particular add-on, you can try disabling that add-on or the mazzification of that add-on to temporarily get around it. For example, some users seem to always have problems with SmartBuff, but can mazzify fine if they turn SmartBuff off. In any case, you should still post the error you get in the appropriate thread of the MazzleUI forums.

I need to Mazzify again. How do I pull up that window with the gorgeous gnome in it?
Ah, multiple Mazzlegasms. I like your style.

To pull up the Mazzifier, you can do one of three things: (1) Type '/mazzify', (2) select 'Open Mazzifier' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu, or (3) open MazzleOptions and find the Mazzifier entry (it is under the category 'Add-On Management').

I just Mazzified my low-level character. The buttons are weird. There's just a few single buttons scattered around. That can't be right, is it?
Most of the layouts in the Mazzifier are designed for level 60 players. The categorizations and compromises one makes to get their buttons to make sense at level 60 are far different than the ones they would make at a low-level when they have far fewer skills. In all likelihood, the reason you have a bunch of scattered buttons is that you only have a couple skills for that bar's 'category'.

For low level characters, if the main layout doesn't work for you, I would recommend trying one of the 'Simple' layouts. You can then organize your skills however you'd like. You can go back to one of the more advanced layouts later, after your character progresses some.

I ran the Mazzifier, but the health bars on the target window and the bottom panel don't line up right
Silly rabbit, you have Mazzified at the wrong aspect ratio. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, it was one of the questions that the Mazzifier asked you when you first set up the UI. Don't worry though. This can be fixed quite easily.

First make sure that you are at the desired resolution before you Mazzify. Pull up the mazzify window again by typing /mazzify. Make sure that the aspect ratio (divide your screen width by your screen height) is correct and that both the 'Buttons' and 'Layout' options are checked. Then click Mazzify.

Note: If your aspect ratio is NOT 1.25, 1.33 or 1.6, something similar will also happen. There's nothing you can do about that other than start adjusting things manually. I suggest choosing the closest aspect ratio that is lower than your true ratio

When I was Mazzifying I noticed that the button\nlayout screenshot had interesting little buttons that say stuff like 'Fire/Frost' or 'Offensive/Healing'. I chose the layout, but I don't see any such buttons. Is this FALSE ADVERTISING?!?
Contents may settle during shipping. Those screenshots are old from back in the day when the UI used Discord Action Bars.

There are some long extra bars superimposed over the bottom bars (or on the side). They look out of place. What's going on?
Some systems don't seem to listen to the Mazzifier when it tells it to turn off Blizzard's extra bars. You'll need to handle such petulant systems on your own. Gnomeregan suggests a 15 minute timeout. If that doesn't work, go into the interface options and uncheck all the extra bars.

Ack! When I logged in, there's this really scary window on the left with all these confusing numbers and add-on names! What is it? Will this window launch an all-out thermo-nuuclear war if I don't type the right thing in?
Fear not. It will launch a thermo-nuclear war whether you type the right thing in or not.

In any case, the add-on in question is called WarmUp. It displays how much time and memory is used by each add-on when logging in. MazzleUI will automatically disable it after it is run once. You can hide the window by typing '/warmup'.

Note: Don't read too much into the numbers. They only tell you how much time/memory is used during the loading process. That is not necessarily the same thing as how much memory or cpu usage that add-on consumes when running

My Fubar is crowded with an insane amount of plugins, with text overlapping everywhere. It's life a flock of crazed, text-based birds at the top of my screen, ready to swoop in and kill my clean UI.
While MazzleUI does try to help in this regard by disabling the Fubar menus of Ace add-ons whose options are not commonly changed, sometimes there still won't be enough room for all the modules that your chosen set-up needs. This is especially true on setups at the 1.25 aspect ratio.

To fix this, I suggest going through some of the Fubar add-ons in MazzleOptions and disabling the ones that you don't think you'd find useful. You could also right-click on an empty section of the Fubar and add a second Fubar. This might cause some overlap with windows that appear at the top of the screen, though.
My camera moving behavior is not acting like it used to. I fear that Mazzlefizz is controlling the camera and uploading the footage to various dirty web sites. Please tell me that's not true.
Let me look up your name here. Hmm...

Nope. No such nefarious activity is happening. I suggest simple going into Blizzard's interface options and changing the camera following behavior to however you like it.

Last edited by meio : 07-17-07 at 08:22 AM.

02-08-07, 10:25 AM   #3
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Orientation

How do I access my bag slots or the main menu bar?
Left-click on the 'MazzleUI' text at the top right of the bottom artwork. This will bring up your your bag slots and micro menu bar. B is now bound to open all bags, so you typically do not have to ever show the bar except when you're replacing bags.

What is this context menu I keep hearing about and how do I use it?
The context menu is a set of 16 buttons arranged in a square that is hidden most of the time you are playing. You can unhide it at any point by click Shift-Mousebutton4, Shift-MiddleMouseButton or by clicking the context menu HotSpot (middle right corner the MazzleUI bottom panel). It will then appear under your mouse for quick access.

The context menu is an excellent place to put non-combat skills and spells. It keeps things out of your way and makes your UI a little bit more efficient. By default, the Mazzifier should put all of your trade skills and hearthstone in the context menu. For some classes, it will also put things like conjuring or pet summon spells. Remember that there are two pages to the context menu. You can switch pages by using your mousewheel while over the context menu.

Note: There are several options you can use to configure your context menu. These options include whether the context menu auto-hides after you use something in it, whether the context menu moves to your mouse location, and whether the UI will automatically hide the context menu when you first log in. These can all be accessed under the 'MazzleUI General Settings' category of MazzleOptions.

Is it true that there are some top secret, hidden areas in the UI that allow you to quickly get to or do certain things?
Yes. In an effort to minimalize things on the screen, features have been added that allow you to quickly get to certain add-ons with adding more buttons or other clutter to your screen.

There are 13 hidden 'HotSpots' you can click on. For example, each of the corners of the bottom panel artwork is a hot spot. Mouse over any of them, and MazzleUI will tell you exactly what that HotSpot does. Here's an overview:

(1) Six corner HotSpots that pull up or hide commonly used add-ons. In clock-wise order:

- Bottom Left: Click to copy chat from your chat window.

- Top Left: Click to toggle MonkeyQuest, the quest window replacement.

- Middle Left: Click to toggle TinyPad, an in-game notebook.

- Middle Right: Click to toggle the MazzleUI Context Menu.

- Top Right: Left-click to toggle ItemRack or right-click to toggle SmartDebuff.

- Bottom Right: Left-click to toggle ItemSync, the loot database, or right-click to toggle XCalc, an in-game calculator.

(2) The coordinates under the minimap serve as a HotSpot to open up Cartographer, the world and instance map add-on.

(3) The entire area under your target box serves as a HotSpot to target your ToT, i.e. the target of your target.

(4) The four corners of the target box serve as hotspot to perform actions on your target, namely whispering, following, trading and inspecting. Actual buttons will appear there when those actions are available, so you know whether you're at the right distance.

(5) The actual MazzleUI logo text is a HotSpot that does two things. Left-clicking on it brings up the bag and micro-menu bars. This allows them to stay hidden most of the time, saving even more room. Right-clicking on the same text hot-swaps you through 15 different party/raid layouts.

This pushy UI is omniscient! It keeps telling me that buffs are expiring for me and my group. It's creeping me out. What's going on?
That is a very useful add-on called SmartBuff. Rather than describe the ins and outs of this add-on, here is the description and FAQ straight from the author...

SmartBuff is a buff addon to cast buffs ease and quickly. All classes are supported. Bind a key, scrollwheel or use the action button and it checks if you, a party/raid member, also hunter and warlock pets, needs your buff and cast it. Use the options menu to configure it as you like it , as example: buffs, raid subgroups, pets, etc. Run the mod when ever you wish, if nothing is buffed, there is no penalty or cool down.

FAQ:

Q1: How can I cast group/class buffs, instead of single buffs?
A1: Select both checkboxes, assign the classes, use following options the play around 'Grp buff check', 'Grp range check' and 'group size'/'class size' slider. Example, if you set the group/class slider to 3 it will only buff the greater buff if 3 or more units not have it.

Q2: How can I move the frames and buttons?
A2: Use Shift-Left click and drag them arround

Q3: How can I assign a trigger key for buffs?
A3: Use the Blizzard interface -> keyboard layout to define the trigger key for SmartBuff. Open and close the SmartBuff options frame and it will remap this key to the new SecureActionButton

Q4: How can I assign a key for debuffing?
A4: During the new Blizzard secure UI is this not longer possible!

Q5: How can I disable the scrollwheel buffing?
A5: Disable the 'Buff on scroll' in the SmartBuff options frame, close it and rebind scrollwheel to whatever you want

Q6: How can I cast buffs in combat?
A6: If you want to cast a spell in combat, the you have to check also the 'in combat' option in the main options frame (on the right of 'Buff on scroll'). Be careful with this option. In combat is no logic allowed, so SB sets your first 'combat'-buff on your key before combat, but in combat it can't do any actions to prevent to cast during the restrictions. It only can show you when do you need a buff, but any time you hit the key in combat it buffs. Thats also the reason why the 'in combat' is per default 'off'.

Minimap Button Usage:
Left click: opens SmartBuff options frame
Right click: enables/disables SmartBuff
Shift-Left click: move minimap button

I've heard you mention efficiency modes several times now. What the hell are you talking about? Shouldn't the UI always be in an efficient mode?
Unlike Shamans, you can't have it all. In the case of UI's, there's often a trade-off between performance and functionality. To mitigate this, MazzleUI has a novel feature that allows it to automatically turn off certain features (and even complete add-ons) depending on the situation you are in to improve performance. So how does it work? First, you have to understand what things efficiency mode can turn off. Currently, it can modulate 15 different items:
(1) Video settings: It uses gfxToggle to switch between high graphics settings and low ones.

(2) Animation of the 3d models: It will turn off flinching and other model animations in Mazz3D.

(3) Recap: It will turn Recap's combat log parsing off.

(4) SW Stats: It will turn SW Stats' combat log and sync message parsing off.

(5) Damage Meter: It will pause Damage Meter's combat log parsing.

(6) Name tags and name plates: It will switch off name tags and name plates. You can set exactly which ones will be shown in MazzleOptions.

(7) BigWigs: It will turn boss warnings off.

(8) Scrolling Combat Text: It will disable all scrolling combat text.

(9) Scrolling Combat Text Damage: It will disable all damage combat text.

(10) Scrolling Combat Text Cooldowns: It will disable the ability cooldown alerts.

(11) Witchhunt: It will disable all enemy spell alerts.

(12) Discord add-ons update rate: This will decrease how often Discord Unit Frames updates itself. Since it's one of the more expensive add-ons in the package, this is a very useful item to change.

(13) Spell Effects: This will turn down the Blizzard spell effect level from 3 to 1.

(14) HUD Range Checking: This will off the display of range to target in the HUD.

(15) Timer Bars: This will turn of the timer and enemy cast bar add-ons, namely Chronometer, Antagonist and oCD.

Now that you know what the efficiency modes can change, you have to understand when MazzleUI can turn things off. There are five different contexts in which you can use an efficiency mode.

(1) Solo: Active when no other mode is applicable.

(2) Party Efficiency Mode: Active whenever you are in a 5-man party.

(3) Raid Efficiency Mode: Active whenever you are in a raid.

(4) PvP Efficiency Mode: Active whenever you are PvP flagged.

(5) Manual Efficiency Mode: Active when you press the manual efficiency mode button. This is the only efficiency mode that does not automatically turn itself on.

If more than one mode is applicable, only the highest mode (in terms of the order of that list) will apply. For example, if you are pvp-flagged and in a raid, you will be in PvP efficiency mode, not raid efficiency mode. This is because PvP, #4, is higher in that list than Raid, #3.

Now that you understand how efficiency modes work, I'd suggest you customize it for your particular needs.

The first, and most important thing you should do is set up what the UI considers 'high graphics settings' vs. 'low graphics settings'.There is an entry in the 'Tweaking' section of this FAQ that will explain how to do that via an add-on called gfxToggle. If you don't set that up, you may find that the UI will reset your graphics to very high settings even if you had previously turned them down manually. This could actually decrease your performance.

After you do that, you can tweak exactly what gets turned off in the various modes. Just open up MazzleOptions and find the MazzleUI Efficiency Mode category. You'll find a ton of settings there that you can tweak. Mark exactly what you want to turn on and off in those various contexts. Try to find a good balance between the features you want and the performance you need. The default settings should work well for most people. You can also turn entire efficiency modes off if you'd like. In fact, if you're on a PvP server, I'd suggest turning off PvP efficiency mode.

I heard MazzleUI can hot-swap raid layouts. Does that mean Mazzlefizz is a swinger?
While Mazzlefizz is open to trading partners, hot-swapping raid layouts is an entirely different thing. What it means is that you can change your raid layout in-game at any time. You have a choice between 15 different layouts. These are the three main things the differ between the various layouts:

(1) Whether your raid frames are on the bottom of the screen or the top

(2) Whether your main tank windows are on the top or on the side

(3) Whether your party frames are visible

You can cycle through these layouts by right-clicking on the MazzleUI logo. You can also set it directly by accessing either the MazzleUI FuBar menu or in the 'MazzleUI Unit Frame Settings' category in MazzleOption. Finally, you can also bind buttons directly to the different layouts so you can quickly change them at any time.

Why is the left combat log window so narrow? Why are there no scrollboxes?
The left window is only intended to display damage out and other similar combat messages. For some classes, the damage window may also list resist amounts, vulnerability bonuses, immunity and other offensive items. The right window will display all actions taken to you and all miscellaneous combat messages. It also contains loot messages and honor information

As for the scrollboxes, the philosophy behind this UI is to present a lot of information in a minimal amount of space. As a result, the scroll bars are removed. You can still scroll with the mousewheel. Hold down shift while scrolling to go immediately the top or bottom of the chat text. If you do not have a scroll wheel you can use the page up and page down keys.

I heard a cha-ching! Where are my loot messages?
They are in the far right chat window with the miscellaneous combat messages.

MazzleUI is in my keybordz, steeling my strokes, or why aren't any of the keybindings I expect working?
Many of the standard Blizzard bindings have been changed, especially the ones on the left hand side of the keyboard. Those keys are quite valuable in combat because they can be quickly reached while your other fingers stay on WASD. Rather than have those keys pull up non-combat stuff like the character window, they have been reassigned to combat functions.

Most of the standard button assignments have been changed to their ctrl-key equivalents. For example, you can pull up your character window with ctrl-c in most layouts.

How do I zoom in/out of the minimap?
To keep the UI as clean as possible, all extra buttons have been removed. This includes the '+' and '-' signs on the minimap. However, zooming in/out of the minimap is still very simple. Just hover your mouse over the minimap and use the scroll wheel to zoom in or out. If you don't have a scroll wheel, you can bind a couple of keys to scrolling in your Key Bindings.

WTF? Isn't MazzleUI supposed to include Titan or FuBar? I don't see it anywhere on my screen?!
MazzleUI includes FuBar, which is typically better at memory management than Titan and has, more or less, the same functionality. As part of the design philosophy of keeping the majority of your screen unobstructed, it's hidden at the top of the screen. Just move your mouse to the top 32 pixels of the screen and it will show. Move your mouse away from the area and you will once again have a nice clean onubstructed playing field.
I noticed this bar below the target that sometimes appears and start to fill up. Is it a measure of my target's awesomeness increasing as I stare at it?
If you're a healer and you're targeting an enemy, then definitely not. It's the health of your target's target. As the health of your ToT gets lower, the bar gets longer.

If you are indeed a healer, you can increase your awesomeness by click-casting on that whole ToT area to quickly cast heals on the main tank while keeping the enemy as your target.

Last edited by meio : 07-17-07 at 09:15 AM.

02-08-07, 10:25 AM   #4
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Tweaking

What is mod X? How do I use it? How do I change its settings? How can I completely turn it off?
MazzleUI has an integrated options panel, MazzleOptions, that can be loaded by clicking on the button with an 'M' on it right under the 'MazzleUI' text. Once that window is open (the one you're looking at now!), you can access add-on options by clicking on the the options button in the top left corner of the window.

MazzleOptions gives you a description for every single mod included in the UI, organized both alphabetically and by category! From there, you can modify the mod's settings or turn it on or off with one simple click. If you need more information on a particular addon, check the help documents in MazzleOptions by clicking the help button. If that is not enough, look for the add-on author's web site or look in the add-on's directory for any help documents.

I want everything to be bigger. I tried to change the UI scale and now everything is in the wrong place. What's going on?
The reason everything freaks out is that all the coordinates are based on the scale. While it may seem like it should just make things bigger, that's not really how it works. When you change the scale, none of the positioning information makes sense any more -- x,y coordinates in one scale mean something completely different in another -- and there's simply no easy way around that. If you really want to, you can still do it, but you'll need to make tons of settings changes to make it look right. This would require significant knowledge of many different add-ons and probably modify some of the MazzleUI code.

You may get some mileage out of running something like DFM or visor and scaling up individual windows larger. That way you'll get certain parts larger large without changing the overall scale.

I don't like the video settings that the MazzleUI efficiency modes switch to. The low settings are way too low or the high settings are for too high for my system. And my porridge is a tad bid too cold.
This is very easy to fix, and I highly recommend that everyone does this the first time they set up the UI.

(1) Go to video settings and set everything up to be how you like it when you normally play the game. This will be considered your 'high' settings.

(2) Open MazzleOptions, go to the 'UI Performance' category (should be near the end of the list), and find the options for the add-on called GfxToggle.

(3) Click on the 'Save High' button.

(4) Go to video settings and set everything up to be the absolute bare minimum you can endure. This will be considered your 'low' settings.

(5) Go back to the options for GfxToggle.

(6) Click on the 'Save Low' button.

Viola. You're done. MazzleUI will now switch between those two settings when it enables different efficiency modes.

I love that MazzleUI has lots of different install packages so I can configure perfectly. Nonetheless, I'm as fickle a Blizzard Forum poster and like to change what add-ons I'm using constantly. How can I satisfy that hunger more easily?
I can understand. With as many add-ons as the UI contains, it's nice to be able to switch add-on sets on the fly. There are two main ways you can do this.

(1) Open up the Mazzifier, select 'Add-on Selection', and answer the questions differently on the add-on selection page. The only thing that will change is which add-ons are enabled. You can easily go back by simply answering the questions as you originally did.

(2) You can use an add-on called ACP (Add-on Control Panel) to choose which add-ons you want enabled. To open ACP, hit the escape key to get to the main menu and click on the 'Add-Ons' button. After you're done choosing which add-ons you want, either click on 'Save Profile' to save that set of add-ons or just click 'Reload UI' to instantiate your settings.

Warning: When disabling add-ons make sure you don't disable libraries that are required by other add-ons that you are leaving enabled. You can mouseover an add-on to see what libraries are required.

Tip: Try using ACP to create profiles based on the add-ons that the Mazzifier sets up.

Can I update add-ons on my own or do I have to wait for new MazzleUI versions?
You can update most of the add-ons on your own. If signficant time passes between MazzleUI updates, I recommend that you use WAU (Windows Ace Updater) to update your ace add-ons. As of MazzleUI 1.1, the structure of the package has been changed to make updating with WAU easier. In fact, several 'override' files have been added so WAU will avoid updating certain add-ons that have had manual changes. To learn more about how to use WAU, visit the MazzleUI or Ace forums.

To be fair, though, here are a few caveats:

First, it's possible the Mazzifier will no longer configure the settings properly. If the author decides to change the format of the settings, Mazzlefizz must manually make the same changes in the Mazzifier. If the Mazzifier creates settings that don't make sense to the newer version of the add-on, bad things can happen. If you do update an add-on, you may want to avoid re-mazzifying that add-on until a new version of the Mazzifier comes out.

Second, you need to remember that Mazzlefizz has modified some add-ons to add extra features, improve performance or just integrate the add-on better into the UI. In mostcases, upgrading won't break anything. In a few cases, you may lose the features that were added. In other cases, things may break and you'll get errors. Unless you have a good reason, I'd suggest waiting for the next update of MazzleUI. That should be the easiest way to make sure you always have the latest and greatest versions of add-ons at your disposal. It is rumored that generous and regular donations decreases the time between MazzleUI updates.

Can I drop other add-ons in or remove add-ons I don't want? Will that mess up MazzleUI or future Mazifications?
Yes, you can drop in whatever add-on you want. If your add-on doesn't do the same thing as another add-on in the UI, you're *probably* going to be OK. There are lots of nice special purpose or class add-ons that I did not include in the package for a variety of reasons. Usually, it's because of a performance concerns or worries that the utility of the add-on wasn't general enough. I expect that many people will add many of their favorite add-ons on their own.

If you feel an add-on should be included in the package, feel free to suggest it in the MazzleUI forums. Just make a good case for it in your post!

You can also remove add-ons you don't want, as long as its not part of the core set of add-ons. Personally, I'd recommend just disabling them via MazzleOptions.

Today is Tuesday! Blizzard just released a patch! None of my add-ons work! What do I do?
First, calm down, take a deep breath...and relax. Did you go in and click the 'load out of date add-ons' option on your add-ons screen? If not, just do that. For most of the minor patches released by Blizzard, there isn't anything else you need to do.

If Blizzard has just released a major update, you're going to have to wait for Mazzlefizz to release an updated download. If you're feeling adventurous, you can download and install the updates for the included mods as those authors release them. Just make sure to first read the FAQ entry about upgrading add-ons on your own.

I know the 3d models are nifty looking, but I'm worried that they are lagging my system. How expensive are they?
The 3d models are far less expensive than you would think. Whenever you are playing WoW, you can potentially have a kazillion models on the screen, both other friendly players and enemy mobs. Even spell effects have their own models that are created on the fly. All of these models are constantly changing position, size, animation, special effects, etc. as you play the game. Mazz3D on the other hand only shows a handful of models that do almost nothing. The cost to show such static models is fairly negligible.

I've also spent a good deal of effort making sure that Mazz3D is as efficient as possible. The database of camera information is quite compact. Moreover, the OnUpdate processing for a model is completely turned off except when it's in the middle of an animation.

That said, there are options you can set to lower the costs of Mazz3D. In MazzleOptions, you can disable random animations and/or event-based animations like having the model flinch when hit. I don't think most people will gain much performance from doing this, but it is an option. You can also use the MazzleUI Efficiency Modes to automatically turn those animations off in especially demanding contexts, for example, when you're pvp'ing or are in a raid.

Note: Animated portrait models that you see in other UI's will use the exact some resources as the ones you'll find in Mazz3D with event-based animation off. Just because these look cooler doesn't mean they cost a lot more.

I am not an anal-retentive gnome who must know when every damn thing happens. How do I get rid of all those time stamps in the chat frames?
If you don't eat your meat, how can you have any pudding? How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

If you can't answer that question or decide that you still want to disable time stamps, look for Prat's entry in MazzleOptions. You can disable it from there.

I need to adjust the time zone of the clock. How can I do that?
The add-on is called Status Windows. Access its options via MazzleOptions and select 'Time' from the Module Config menu. It will present you with a window to enter your time zone adjustment. Gnomeregan has modified StatusWindows to store these values per character, so you can set different values for different servers. As a result, though, you'll need to adjust every character individually.

I know it's only a graphic, but I'm in love with the HUD. I'd like to run away with it, but, until then, how can I make sure I see it all the time?
You can find an option to set the out-of-combat transparency of the HUD in MazzleOptions. If you set it to something greater than zero, you will see the HUD at all times.

Oh, and you are odd.

Last edited by meio : 07-17-07 at 09:21 AM.

02-08-07, 10:25 AM   #5
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Usage

I tried to grab her butt and ended up squeezing her boob. My sense of direction is horrible! How can I get to where I want to go more easily?
Umm...

Well, there is a great feature of Cartographer for the directionally-challenged. It allows you to designate a location on the map as a 'waypoint', after which Cartographer will show you an in-game 3d arrow pointing to your waypoing that changes direction as you do! You may find that this feature quickly becomes one of your favorites.

There are two ways to use this feature. The simplest way is to simply type the coordinates as follows

/waypoint x, y

Of course, substitute real numbers in for x and y. The second way is to create a mapnote and then designate it as a waypoint. You can also use this method to help you get to any of the map notes that are already on your map. To do so, perform the following steps:

(1) Open your map by hitting 'M' or clicking on the map hotspot over the coordinates of the minimap.

(2) Right-click on an existing map note or create a note by control-right-clicking somewhere and selecting 'Create Map Note'.

(3) Select 'Set as waypoint'.

You should then see an arrow and distance information appear right above your HUD. Once you get to your location, you can just right-click on the arrow to delete the waypoint.

Note: You cannot set someone's butt as a waypoint. Gnomeregan engineers are currently working on the problem.

My party keeps telling me to 'heal' them. What MazzleUI add-ons can help me do that?
The main add-ons that can help with healing is Clique. This add-on provides click casting support. It is configured differently depending on the class you're playing. In general, right-clicking casts the most mana efficient spell for your class, for exaple Greater Heal on a priest. Alt-Left-clicking casts your emergency 'fast spell', like flash heal. Mouse button 4 casts your heal over time spell, and Mouse Button 5 casts your shield. Comparable spells will be cast for other classes.

To configure Clique, you must open the Blizzard spell book. Left-click the MazzleUI text to show the main menu bar to do that. There is a tab at the bottom of the spellbook (below your various spell schools) that will allow you to configure Clique.

Mazzlefizz, you owe me big-time for using your UI. Why aren't you doing my shopping and laundry for me?
Shush you.

While I won't do any of your menial errands, there is an add-on that will do your shopping for you, Free Refills. This add-on will allow you to automatically maintain a certain amount of any vendor-bought item in your inventory. Just tell it how much you want to keep around, and it will automatically buy more when you visit a vendor. To configure this add-on, find FreeRefills in MazzleOptions and follow the directions there.

I have a retard in my group and I need to kick him out. But every time I right-click on his unit frame to get the player menu, I just cast a greater heal on him. Now he thinks I like him. Help!
Calm yourself. Avoid looking directly at the chat frame to avoid any chance of further aggravation. Now, the reason right-clicking on the unit frame is not pulling up the player menu is that Clique has assigned it to click-cast a spell. To access the player menu, either use an unassigned click (try the middle mouse button or right-click with modifiers) or change your Clique settings so that right-click doesn't cast a spell.

I have new talent points, but the UI won't let me spend them! Why must the man always try to keep me down?
You're in luck. I just had a meeting with the man. While he would neither confirm nor deny that he's trying to keep you down, he will say that you are wrong to blame him for this one. Apparently, you just need to learn a bit about how the add-on Talented works.

Talented is an add-on that, not only shows you all three talent trees at once, but behaves as an in-game talent calculator allowing you to play with specs to your heart's content without spending any points. So, how does it work?

(1) First, decide whether you want to play with your real talent distribution or a hypothetical template. If you want to work with a template first, click on the 'Template' button and choose 'New Template', 'Copy of Current' or 'Empty'. If you want to immediately work with your real talent points, click the 'Template' button and select 'Current Template'.

Note: While this may seem a bit confusing, the 'Current Template' is not really a template. It's your actual point distribution.

(2) Now that you have selected a template, you need to be able to edit it so you can play with your talents. Click on the 'Mode' button and select 'Edit Template'. Your template is now unlocked, and you can left-click to spend talent points and, if you're not working with your real points, right-click to get them back.

(3) If you were working with a hypothetical template and want to actually apply your choices to your real talents, you can now click the 'Mode' button and select 'Apply Template'

Note: To make up for any confusion, the man recommends that you check out Talented's menus. There's lots of cool stuff in there, including the ability to dump your talent spec to chat or to send a talent profile to another user of Talented!"

Oooh, it keeps track of my record damages, heals, and crits....but where do i go to view this information later?
Just place your mouse at the very top of the screen and you'll see your FuBar menu. Mouseover the TopScoreFu portion of the Fubar and you can see all your record damages/heals/crits.

Woah! There are a million add-ons in MazzleOptions. How can I possibly find what I'm looking for?
There are two key features of MazzleOptions that can help you find the add-on you're looking for.
(1) If you know the name of the add-on, go to the 'Add-On Directory', the first item in MazzleOptions. There will be an alphabetical list of every add-on. You can click on any item and it will take you to the correct category.

(2) If you don't know the name of the add-on, try to find it by category. Remember that you can mouse over any category in the MazzleOptions topic list, and a tooltip will pop up telling you what is inside it. Just scan the list and it should be pretty easy to find what you're looing for.

Hey, mass mailing isn't just for gold sellers. Why isn't there a mass mailer in the UI? Nihongo wa hanisimasen.
There are two main reasons. First, the mail-enhancing add-on ******, err Postal, does plan a mass mailing feature. Second, it's already quite easy to send tons of mail to the same person. Simply fill in the recipient's name on a piece of mail and alt-click on items in your inventory. Every click will immediately send that item to the person. The name will remain in the mail window, so you can just keep clicking until you've sent everything your gold-farming heart desires.

Last edited by meio : 07-17-07 at 10:04 AM.

02-08-07, 10:25 AM   #6
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Usage - Class Specific

I am a hunter and my bestial wrath turns my kitty into a vicious pink marshmallow pussycat. More importantly, my hunter bars are not switching between the range and melee bar based on range.
In the 2.0 patch, Blizzard removed the ability for bars to page based on range to target. As a result, you'll need to manually switch between your ranged and melee page. By default, the hotkey for switching is 'F'. You can also use 'Shift-UpArrow', 'Shift-DownArrow' or 'Shift-Mousewheel'.

Last edited by meio : 02-08-07 at 10:34 AM.

02-08-07, 10:26 AM   #7
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Buttons

ZOMG! These buttons suck. They are too small. They are not where I want them. They're too far away from the left. They're too far from the right. They're way too square! MazzleUI sux!
MazzleUI ships with quite a few different button layouts, but buttons are very personal. As a result, Gnomeregan calculates that 70% of people will be less than 60% satisfied with 30% of some layouts occasionally. If you are one of those people, I recommend you either try one of the other layouts for your class, or start with one of the 'simple' layouts and configure it for your needs. For more information on how to configure your buttons, see the FAQ questions regarding Bongos, the button add-on that MazzleUI uses.
To move your spells around

1 - Unlock your buttons by selecting 'Allow moving of spells and skills' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu.

2 - Drag your spells to where you want them.

To move your bars:

1 - Unlock your bars by selecting 'Unlock and edit buttons' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu.

2 - Drag your bars to where you want them.

To add or subtract buttons from a bar:

1 - Unlock your bars by selecting 'Unlock and edit buttons' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu.

2 - Right-click on the bar you want to modify.

3 - Move the 'Size' slider to the number of buttons you want the bar to have. There will be a slight delay as MazzleUI moves around all your spells and bindings so that you retain your layout.

Note: You can change a variety properties from this menu, like the number of columns, the button size, the spacing between buttons, etc.

To increase or decrease the number of pages a bar has:

3 - Move the 'Pages' slider to the number of buttons you want the bar to have. There will be a slight delay as MazzleUI moves around all your spells and bindings so that you retain your layout.

To add or delete bars:

1 - Open Bongos by selecting 'Open Bongos option window' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu.

2 - Click on the 'Action Bars' tab.

3 - Move the number of bars slider to the number of bars you want. Any new bars that are created will be just below the options window.

To change your buttons' key bindings:

1 - Open Bongos by selecting 'Open Bongos option window' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu.

2 - Click on the 'Bindings' tab.

3 - Mouse over a button that you want to bind a key to.

4 - Push the key you want to bind to the button or hit 'Esc' to clear all bindings.

Note: You can bind multiple keys to a button, though only the first one will show on the button.

To hide or show a bar:

2 - Click on the 'Visibility' tab.

3 - Check or uncheck the bar you want to show or hide.

Note: You can also hide a bar by making the bars editable, right-clicking on it and selecting 'Hide'.

Every time I add a button or change my bars, MazzleUI keeps moving them back to the default positions. I am a button designing visionary! How do I stop this meddling UI from interfering with my work?
For most routine changes, the snap to layout feature can save users a lot of time. It eliminates all the little adjustments users have to make when adding or removing buttons by automatically making room by moving other bars into the same relative position. If you need to make more significant features, you can simply turn this feature off in MazzleOptions.

Proceed with your visionary work!

Dude, where's my mount?
The Mazzifier does not waste a button on a mount, though it does give you a binding to handle all your mounting needs. Well, perhaps not all your mounting needs. But, that's nothing that a quick trip to Goldshire shouldn't solve.

Anyway, use shift-~ to mount up.

Note: Mounting is controlled by an add-on called GoGoMount that can do lots of great things. For example, if you're a druid and you're in combat, it will switch you to travel form instead. Or if you're in Ahn'Qiraj, it will automatically substitute your bug mount in. Finally, if you try to cast a spell or click on a herb or mineral node, it will automatically dismount you. To configure the options for mounting, look under GoGoMount in MazzleOptions.

Hmm... I've got a bunch of small letters like A1, C1, S1, etc... on my Action Buttons. What are they?
Those letters denote the keybindings for those buttons

A is for Alt C is for Ctrl S is for Shift

So 'AD' would be Alt-D, 'CF' would be Ctrl-F, etc. To modify the bindings on your buttons, you need to open up Bongos and do it from there. You can open up Bongos by either typing /bongos, opening up MazzleOptions or selecting 'Open Bongos Options' from the MazzleUI FuBar entry.

I need to change my button keybindings. Where is the best place to do that?
To change your buttons' key bindings, you need to access the Bongos bindings interface. To do so, you can do the following:

1 - Open Bongos by either selecting 'Open Bongos option window' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu, selecting the Bongos options in MazzleOptions or by typing '/bongos'.

4 - Push the key.

Note: You can bind multiple keys to a button, though only the first one will show on the button.

I just leveled and got my new spells... but how do i get get the UI to add them where they're supposed to be in this layout?
It's as easy as remazzifying your button layout. Just type /mazzify', check off 'Button Layouts' in the second page, choose your button layout on the button layout page and click on 'Mazzify Me'. It will re-drop spells into the layout. Any new spells or spell levels will now be in your buttons.

I just Mazzified and my button layout does not have one of my skills on it. Does that mean something went wrong?
It probably just means that the layout did not take that action or skill into account. There are so permutations of classes, races, talents, aspect ratios, that there are bound to be omissions in the layouts. If you find such an item, make sure to report it at the MazzleUI forums.

Note: As of 6-25-06, most new Burning Crusade skills have not yet been added to the button layouts. You'll need to add them on your own until Mazzlefizz does another button layout review."

My buttons are automatically casting spells on myself when I don't have the appropriate target. How do I turn that off?
There are two places you should check to turn that off.

First, check the auto self cast feature in the Blizzard options. Hit 'Escape', click 'Interface Options', and uncheck 'Auto Self Cast'. Second, check the self cast option in Bongos. You can open Bongos by either selecting 'Open Bongos option window' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu, selecting the Bongos options in MazzleOptions, or by typing '/bongos'.

Last edited by meio : 07-17-07 at 09:34 AM.

02-08-07, 10:26 AM   #8
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

To move your spells around:

1 - Unlock your buttons by selecting 'Allow moving of spells and skills' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu.

2 - Drag your spells to where you want them.

To move your bars:

2 - Drag your bars to where you want them.

To add or subtract buttons from a bar:

3 - Move the 'Size' slider to the number of buttons you want the bar to have. There will be a slight delay as MazzleUI moves around all your spells and bindings so that you retain your layout.

Note: You can change a variety properties from this menu, like the number of columns, the button size, the spacing between buttons, etc.

To increase or decrease the number of pages a bar has:

3 - Move the 'Pages' slider to the number of buttons you want the bar to have. There will be a slight delay as MazzleUI moves around all your spells and bindings so that you retain your layout.

To add or delete bars:

2 - Click on the 'Action Bars' tab.

3 - Move the number of bars slider to the number of bars you want. Any new bars that are created will be just below the options window.

To change your buttons' key bindings:

4 - Push the key you want to bind to the button or hit 'Esc' to clear all bindings.

To hide or show a bar:

2 - Click on the 'Visibility' tab.

3 - Check or uncheck the bar you want to show or hide.

Note: You can also hide a bar by making the bars editable, right-clicking on it and selecting 'Hide'.

Last edited by meio : 02-08-07 at 10:38 AM.

02-08-07, 10:36 AM   #9
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Troubleshooting

Every now and then I hear a weird sound that sounds sorta like a star trek communicator. Does\nthat mean William Shatner will soon appear to\nsing me the greatest songs of his youth?
Yes, it does. *shudder*

In case he doesn't show up, it could be something else. An add-on named BugSack makes a similar sound whenever an error occurs. To see the error, you can mouse over the BugSack entry in the far left of your FuBar.

I want to bind something to the mousewheel, but the bindings interface ignores me. How do I get my mousewheel off the UI's ignore list?
Unfortunately, the myBindings2 has your mousewheel on permanent ignore. Until the author releases a version that can handle mousewheel bindings, you'll need to temporarily disable myBindings2 to rebind your mousewheel. You can disable the add-on by hitting 'Esc' and then pushing the 'Add-Ons' button. Uncheck myBindings2 and click 'Reload UI'

My MT windows aren't showing. How do I get them to show before I get kicked out of the raid.

Try right-clicking on the oRA menu in your FuBar and selecting 'Request Status'.

My click-casting isn't working. Look! Clickity-click-click. Woe is me. What do I do?
Oh my god, quit clicking on me!

Anyway, Click-casting is controlled via a powerful add-on called Clique. If nothing is happening when you click on unit frames, you're either using the wrong type of clicks or Clique is not configured properly. To examine your click-casting settings, simply open Clique. You can do this via the Blizzard spell book. Either open it by hitting 'P' or by left-clicking the MazzleUI logo to show the main menu bar and then clicking the spellbook icon. Once open, there is a tab at the bottom of the window (below your various spell schools) that will allow you to examine Clique's settings.

If you find that there are no settings in that window, you can try re-mazzifying Clique. You can pull up the Mazzifier via the MazzleUI Fubar entry.

You can also just create settings of your own. To do so, select the Clique tab first. A second window should then open right next to your spellbook. Then find one of the spells you want to assign a click to. Finally, perform a click on the spell. For example, if you want to assign Alt-right-click to Greater Heal, find the Greater Heal spell in your spell book and then alt-right-click on it. You should see the spell added to the Clique window.

Note: There is an option under the 'Unit Frames' section of MazzleOptions where you toggle whether you can click-cast on the 3-d models. This is, by default, off in the 1.6 aspect ratio and on for 1.25 and 1.33.

I run on a Mac and WoW has been crashing on me. I thought Macss crash less than Windows. Has MazzleUI transported me to an alternate universe where everything is opposite?
Many Mac users have reported having problems with ClearFont2. You may want to try disabling that add-on. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest visiting Blizzard's technical support forum.

Umm...And I'd really like an iPhone please. I think that would make an excellent donation.

My UI is laggy as hell? Waaah! Help me!
While one of the main goals of MazzleUI is efficiency, a few people do have unexpected performance problems. I say unexpected because there are also a lot of users who run the UI on pretty low-end systems just fine. Unfortunately, there's no easy, general solution to this problem. Different systems seem to have problems with so many different things.

Here are a few things I can suggest, in no particular order:

1) Lower your video settings. Perhaps try a lower resolution. Uncheck things in the Blizzard video and interface options that you don't need.

2) If you're only having problems in places with large numbers of people, try lowering your texture settings in particular or adding more memory to your computer. WoW is extrememly memory hungry when there are lots of people around you. It needs to cache a lot stuff to be able to display the variety of characters, armour, etc around you. This has little to do with your mods, but can be affected by some of the setting that MazzleUI sets, most notably the UI scale.

3) Open MazzleOptions, go through the various categories and disable add-ons you don't use often. Similarly, you can try installing one of the smaller base packages in the Mazzifier, which will quickly disable a larger set of add-ons. You can also try answering no to the questions about add-ons that the Mazzifier labels as optional, things like the timer bars and the various damage meters. Try to think of what the add-on does before you disable it. If it has to process lots of combat information on the fly, it's probably expensive.

4) Play with the efficiency mode settings. There's a lot of power there to automatically modulate which add-ons and features are turned on at certain times. Try to find a balance between the usability you like and the performance you need. Remember that a lot of those settings will not affect your base frame rate and will only help in computationally demanding situations like combat. So don't be discouraged if you don't see immediate jumps in frame rate.

5) Make sure to routinely clear your damage meter. Those add-ons can quickly build up huge amounts of data. This data can not only increase your load times, but also slow your computer down. If the damage meter uses up all of your allocated UI memory, WoW wills start garbage collecting like crazy to try to get free space up. Such frequent garbage collection is expensive and can make your game stutter.

6) Play with the settings of different add-ons. Many of them have options that can be changed to decrease what they do or how much information they collect.

7) Finally and most importantly, make sure to read the FAQ entry on efficiency modes. It will explain to you how to tell MazzleUI what you consider high and low graphics settings. If you don't, MazzleUI efficiency modes will choose high settings with almost everything on. If you're on a slower machine, you may find that your graphics settings are being set to be higher than what your computer can handle.

EEP! I Changed my Video/Interface settings and my chat boxes and/or minimap have disappeared! I can't get them back!! What have you done with them?!? The British are coming! The British are coming!
Unfortunately, this is simply a known Blizzard bug. Opening some of the settings windows sometimes causes detached chat windows to disappear. Similarly, most changes in video settings will cause the minimap's background to turn black. But don't panic! There are two simple ways to get them back:

1. Type '/rl'. This command will reload the entire UI. In a few moments, your chat windows and/or minimap will be back.

2. If only your detached chat windows, i.e. the combat logs, have disappeared, there's a button in MazzleOptions that will immediately bring them back. You can find it under the category 'MazzleUI Special Settings'.

Last edited by meio : 07-17-07 at 09:47 AM.

07-17-07, 10:17 AM   #10
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Now updated for 1.1. Thanks Meio!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI 1.1 FAQ