06-03-13, 11:27 PM   #1
Ross
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Minimap moving

--Move the map
Minimap:SetMovable(true)
Minimap:EnableMouse(true)
Minimap:RegisterForDrag("LeftButton","RightButton")
Minimap:SetScript("OnDragStart", function(self) if IsAltKeyDown() and IsShiftKeyDown() then self:StartMoving() end end)
Minimap:SetScript("OnDragStop", function(self) self:StopMovingOrSizing() end)
Minimap:SetUserPlaced(true)

I use this to move the minimap, however when I move it it seems part of it is left behind which I can't see, I used the run command to find the name and its called "Minimap cluster" I can't see it but it does block any clicks from going through so I know its there. Is there anything wrong with the code I use to move the minimap or can anyone explain what is going on and why this part is being left behind.

Thanks.
06-03-13, 11:39 PM   #2
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I use this to move the minimap, however when I move it it seems part of it is left behind which I can't see, I used the run command to find the name and its called "Minimap cluster" I can't see it but it does block any clicks from going through so I know its there. Is there anything wrong with the code I use to move the minimap or can anyone explain what is going on and why this part is being left behind.

Thanks.
The Minimap Cluster is basically a frame positioned below the minimap (but not TO the minimap) that holds things like the Vehicle picture you see when you're in a multi-passenger mount. You can leave it where it is, or move it as well.
06-03-13, 11:41 PM   #3
Ross
A Theradrim Guardian
Would you happen to know how to move that?

I just used

MinimapCluster:EnableMouse(false)

To stop the mouse from interacting with it. That works. and TY.

Last edited by Ross : 06-03-13 at 11:45 PM.
06-04-13, 11:31 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You have to be careful when moving the entire minimap cluster. LOTS of things are anchored to it, not just the Minimap or vehicle frame.

/edit: disabling the mouse is the accepted method.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Minimap moving