10-20-14, 09:31 AM   #1
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Quest Items unusable from quest tracker

Hi, glad to see RealUI is hanging about for WoD! The title is the only bug I've had frequently - it asks to disable !Aurora RealUI, which if I allow, then allows quest items to be used from the tracker.

Code:
x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn '!Aurora_RealUI' tried to call the protected function 'UseQuestLogSpecialItem()'.
!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:586: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:586>
[C]: in function `UseQuestLogSpecialItem'
..._ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:198: in function <..._ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:191>

Locals:
nil
Edit: Seen your post and will add a taint log when I next have a chance Gethe.

Last edited by BalwickMaggy : 10-20-14 at 03:24 PM.
10-20-14, 10:30 AM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Please read this post where is talks about [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN].

10-20-14, 04:01 PM   #3
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Hi Gethe, taint log can be found in my dropbox with this link;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjdzdotr8r...taint.log?dl=0

Edit; I should say that the error does not persist after a /reload if I had the quest item prior. If I gain the quest item after the /reload, the error gets thrown up.
10-20-14, 08:27 PM   #4
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Do you have any other addons that were not included in RealUI? Try disabling those if you have any.

You also said disabling !Aurora_RealUI allowed you to use the item button. After you disabled it, did you try abandoning the quest then retaking it and seeing if the error pops up?

Last edited by Gethe : 10-20-14 at 08:33 PM.
10-21-14, 04:27 AM   #5
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
Do you have any other addons that were not included in RealUI? Try disabling those if you have any.

You also said disabling !Aurora_RealUI allowed you to use the item button. After you disabled it, did you try abandoning the quest then retaking it and seeing if the error pops up?
I have vuhdo, Broker XP Bar, and Weak Auras outside of RealUI. And no, I didn't think to do that - I only discovered that a /reload allows me to use the item from the tracker after I started /taintlogging because that itself initiates a reload.

If I come across another quest with a quest item, I will let you know if disabling my external mods, disabling !Aurora_RealUI, and retaking throws the error.

Last edited by BalwickMaggy : 10-21-14 at 04:31 AM.
10-21-14, 05:38 AM   #6
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Okay, just tested it again.

Taint log - just in case you want it.

Anyway; disabled all the addons I've added on top of RealUI and it still threw the error. Then disabled !Aurora_RealUI and... it still threw the error. After that, it asked to disable Aurora, which I did, and then I was unable to produce the error at all - abandoning or having the quest prior to reload.

So, now you may beat Haleth with a banana.
10-21-14, 02:47 PM   #7
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
What quests are you doing for these tests?

10-22-14, 03:49 AM   #8
TehTawm
A Kobold Labourer
Yeah, I'm also getting that error with nothing but RealUI and its optional components installed.
Additionally, is the watch frame just not skinned in this version?

Uses the vanilla Blizzard frame, which is kinda eye popping and out of place with RealUI.

The error has been present in every quest I've done since leveling a new character through questing from 1 to 65.
10-22-14, 03:30 PM   #9
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Gethe, as with TehTawm, it has been levelling quests up to 60. Every usable quest item has been able to produce the error.
10-22-14, 03:59 PM   #10
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For testing, easiest quest I found with a WatchFrame button was the Goblin starting-zone quest with the Gob-mobile. Only takes one or two quests to get to it.
10-22-14, 07:19 PM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It might be a problem with addons in general adjusting the tracker in anyway. nUI is similarly afflcted and all it does is reparent the frame so it can be moved. Just in case that helps you identify a possible cause.
10-23-14, 11:29 AM   #12
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
For those that are getting this error, be sure to update Aurora from r6. It includes a change that might help with this.

10-24-14, 12:16 PM   #13
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Downloading the updated suite now. I'll report back either way when I've next got a quest to test with.
11-01-14, 09:14 AM   #14
Yasuhi
A Defias Bandit
Just wanted to add another reply to that. It still doesn't work with r6.
I've been running it for a few days now, and it doesn't work with any quest where I ought to click the item on the watch frame to use, always to use them out of my bags.
11-02-14, 06:55 PM   #15
Drokym
A Defias Bandit
Yeah unfunny bug! You have 2 way to fix it:

1) Exit the game and login once again
2) Disable all addons and reload them (UI reload needed)

This 2 way fix the unusable quest items from the tracker, but the error isn't fix forever, you will get it again in the future. This is my own experience using RealUI (probably this is a bug Blizzard side)
11-08-14, 08:12 PM   #16
grizzlysaurusrex
A Kobold Labourer
I'm still having this issue. I couldn't use quest items from quests in Westfall and a friend can't use them in Jade Forest. If there's any bug report things I should copy/paste here next time I have the problem, let me know.
11-09-14, 05:25 AM   #17
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
I'm still having this issue. I couldn't use quest items from quests in Westfall and a friend can't use them in Jade Forest. If there's any bug report things I should copy/paste here next time I have the problem, let me know.
If you hit the link up in the second post, Gethe explains the procedure for reporting on this issue there.
11-09-14, 09:03 PM   #18
Yasuhi
A Defias Bandit
I hope this gets fixed soon, or I'm gonna have to use another UI coming WoD - don't wanna have to constantly use my bags to use quest items.
11-10-14, 03:16 PM   #19
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Drokym View Post
Yeah unfunny bug! You have 2 way to fix it:

1) Exit the game and login once again
2) Disable all addons and reload them (UI reload needed)

This 2 way fix the unusable quest items from the tracker, but the error isn't fix forever, you will get it again in the future. This is my own experience using RealUI (probably this is a bug Blizzard side)
I haven't had time to properly/thoroughly test this, but I do not believe this is true. A simple /reloadui is adequate in my experience.

Every single time I've attempted to use a quest item and been greeted with the error message, doing a /reloadui allowed the quest item to be used. No other steps required.

What I'd like to test (but haven't had the time yet) is the timing of this. If I get a quest with an item that needs to be used, can I /reloadui immediately and it will work later on no matter what else I do? Is there some taint that occurs between receiving the quest and the time you actually use the item? If you use the item immediately after receiving the quest will you get the error? All questions I cannot answer at this point.
11-10-14, 10:26 PM   #20
zenaku
A Murloc Raider
I had this problem for a while and the error message I was getting was the box that popped up saying Aurora was the problem with the options to "Disable" or "Ignore". Updating Aurora seemed to fix the issue for me. I've been able to use quest items from the tracker just fine since doing this.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Quest Items unusable from quest tracker