05-23-07, 08:10 AM   #1
waax
A Murloc Raider
Raid Frames with new patch

My appologies for starting a new thread, but I was in EoS and my raid frams werent working properly at all. Ive allways had problems though, never been able to hot swap layouts (only going from top to bottom) even after doing the remedy listen in the known problems thread.
My raid frames were ALLWAYS class based, nothing ever changed that. What I noticed in EoS is that yes, it shows my 4 party members at the bottom, but if i select for my raid frames to be at the top or bottom nothing changes. I only see the 4 people in my group and thats all. I could remedy this by pulling out all the classes in the built in wow raid thing. I just hate not having a LoS notifier, along with curses/poisons/etc. Im a healer so this is somewhat important to me. Any ideas?
05-23-07, 10:49 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Is this with the latest version of sRaidFrames? TBH, I don't recall if that's an off-limit addon to upgrade in Mazzle, but Blizzard did change something with Raid Headers so all raid frame addons had to be updated.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-23-07, 11:36 AM   #3
DuckDastardly
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Had an issue with sRaidframes not showing for me since patch. Today went and d/l'ed the newest version I could find and installed it. Logged in and formed a raid with a guildie. Raidframes showed again, just had to reconfigure them a bit to the way I had them.
05-23-07, 01:09 PM   #4
waax
A Murloc Raider
Yeah, i upgraded sraidframes even though I thought the ace updated already did for me. Works now. Once again, much appreciation.
05-24-07, 05:28 PM   #5
Nandy
A Theradrim Guardian
[2007/05/24 17:58:30-447-x1]: sRaidFrames\sRaidFrames.lua:167: AceHook-2.1: Attempt to hook a non-existant function "SecureRaidGroupHeader_Update"
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-36539 (SurfaceLib):251: in function `TriggerEvent'
AceEvent-2.0-36539 (SurfaceLib):1019: in function <...AddOns\SurfaceLib\libs\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:1012>

[2007/05/24 17:58:35-447-x2]: sRaidFrames\sRaidFramesOptions.lua:632: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Few errors I am still getting after updating sRaidFrames.

The main issues i have right now is that my raid frames are all black.
05-25-07, 08:06 PM   #6
Seajai
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
After updating everything I just got this...

sRaidFrames\sRaidFramesOptions.lua:707: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

any ideas?
05-25-07, 10:00 PM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
sRaid is something you can upgrade on your own. The override I have is outside of the add-on and has worked with nearly every new version that has come out.

The error Nandy refers to is a known bug that's fixed in the new version. sRaid changed how visibility works and I had to change my code accordingly. I don't know what's causing any of those other problems. Mine is working fine with the latest version.
05-26-07, 02:43 PM   #8
Chimera_2001
A Murloc Raider
I've got the raid frames showing after doing an update to the latest version of sRaidFrames.. the only issue I'm having now is the group headings show to the left of the raid frames instead of sitting under them... this is with the "under 20" layout - the horizontal growth one (The vertical growth layout for 20+ groups looks OK)

I've changed sRaidFrames to "order by group" as it says in the known issues from before the patch, but try as I might I've got group headings sat in unsightly places

I don't remember this happening before patch 2.1.0, were the headings underneath the groups, or not there at all with the horizontal layout?

of course, The world's not going to come to an abrupt end if the raid frame headings sit over the chat bar & target frame, but it would be nice to sort it if anyone's got any ideas?

Edit: the "show group titles" option is greyed out, that's the first thing I tired hehe

Last edited by Chimera_2001 : 05-26-07 at 02:46 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Raid Frames with new patch