02-03-15, 05:10 AM   #1
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Help finding a couple addons...

Hi all!

I am looking for two addons of very different ilk, one is a troubleshooter addon which I will explain and the other is for the garrison architect table.

Troubleshooter addon:
I currently have an issue when in a LFR group where every 30 seconds to 2 minutes I get spammed with "You are not in a raid group." three to five times nigh simultaneously and I know I could go through and disable addons one by one to hunt it down but alas, asking any pug group to wait even an iota of a second more than likely means I will get booted and more importantly I was hoping to track down the issue quickly as opposed to 45 minutes or more of time.

(I have done a little looking around on the Googlenet and discovered it could be DBM but the post I read was from two years ago or something close to it. I can mention what addons I have installed if someone wants to trudge through and take a few guesses.)

I ought to mention this is a Blizzard sysmessage

Garrison Architect Table addon:
So I have seen many a mission addon but not many if any Architect Table addons. Basically I was wondering if there was an addon out there that added a pane to the right hand side of the in which lists the current 11 active buildings you have as well as any follower(s) currently assigned to said building which will allow you to quickly add or remove a follower to the building and finally show the building's current level. This is more of a convenience addon as it would allow me to see at a glance what is what with my buildings as I am on a daily basis removing followers from buildings to send them on missions and reassigning them to buildings to get either their daily quest or their benefits of being assigned to a building.

I know, clear and concise is not my forte...any help on these two fronts would be greatly appreciated.

- Winston Churchill
02-03-15, 10:07 AM   #2
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For your troubleshooting example, I use grepWin with a "Search in" string of "D:\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns|D:\World of Warcraft\BlizzardInterfaceCode". A google search for "BlizzardInterfaceCode" should find a pointer to the instructions on how to extract that data from your WoW client.

A search for "You are not in a raid group" finds ERR_NOT_IN_RAID in the Blizzard file GlobalStrings.lua and a search for that should find the addon which is spamming you (its not in any of my addons).

I believe Garrison Mission Manager has the ability to mass add and remove building followers and I use Broker Garrison to quickly see who has what buildings.
02-03-15, 11:15 AM   #3
Choonstertwo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by bsmorgan View Post
A google search for "BlizzardInterfaceCode" should find a pointer to the instructions on how to extract that data from your WoW client.
Here's a direct link.
02-03-15, 11:27 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by bsmorgan View Post
A search for "You are not in a raid group" finds ERR_NOT_IN_RAID in the Blizzard file GlobalStrings.lua and a search for that should find the addon which is spamming you (its not in any of my addons).
Actually, a search for that will likely turn up nothing, because the problem the OP described is almost certainly not caused by some addon literally printing "You are not in a raid group" (why would any addon do that?) but rather by some addon attempting to send messages (probably hidden addon communication messages, but possibly normal chat messages if it's some kind of announcement addon) to the "RAID" channel.

What you'll want to search for is "SendAddonMessage", "SendCommMessage" (if it's using AceComm-3.0) or "SendChatMessage" (for regular chat messages) and look for places where it's specifying "RAID" as the channel type without first checking to see if you're in a raid. Other channels that may be problematic: BATTLEGROUND when you're not in a battleground, PARTY when you're not in a party, INSTANCE when you're not in an instance group.
02-03-15, 11:58 PM   #5
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Code:
You are not in a raid group
I recently had 2 addons with this problem Gladius and Recount.
02-05-15, 11:18 PM   #6
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

When I next to LFR this weekend I will certainly disable Recount and see what does it and as usual, Phanx is correct I tried searching through the addons folder with the aforementioned program linked and alas, nothing was returned as I suspected because it is a Blizzard Sysmessage being sent and not a print message from an addon.

I am using Recount so as I mentioned I will try disabling it for my LFR run this weekend sometime, thanks for the help and if anyone wants to actually take up the cause of the architect table addon I described above, that would be peachy keen but I know it would be a quality of life addon and as such it would be nice but not a necessity.

Thanks all, I will let you know if it was indeed Recount (Sundays are usually my LFR day as I run it with a couple other people).

- Winston Churchill
02-06-15, 05:46 AM   #7
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

I think what you are looking for is an addon to fast remove and add all followers to the buildings. If yes try out Gary:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...3322-Gary.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Help finding a couple addons...