06-14-12, 07:36 PM   #1
Grandbp
A Kobold Labourer
Requesting some addon alternatives

I've been throwing together sloppy interfaces with KGpanels and Power Auras lately. Essentially, I use KGpanels to put in custom images as backgrounds, then imported power auras behind them that light up the backgrounds to signify "on/off" and then timers for the things I listed above

I have a few difficulties with both of the addons, though, but I don't know of any addons similar to this that are up to date and working properly with more/different capabilities.

Power auras is missing some effects I'd like, and it's very difficult to move just using x and y. The preset scales limit things massively as well. KGpanels likes to resize things without my permission, especially when I'm moving images around to fit.

I don't need specific addons that are better at these exact things, but a few suggestions of alternatives that do the same things I use these addons for would be fantastic. A link to a list or category on some site I haven't found yet would be great as well.

I really just need the capability to "show x image under y condition", with the images being custom. So I'm sure there's something out there that does this job far better than how I've been doing things. If there is, a suggestion for that would fit the need perfectly.
06-14-12, 07:58 PM   #2
Ekaterina
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You might want to try WeakAuras. The interface is friendlier than PowerAuras.
If you don't mind doing some coding yourself, an alternative to KGPanels is LitePanels.

Ekat.
06-14-12, 08:54 PM   #3
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Might be helpful to know what effects are missing from PowerAuras for you. What types of additional effects do you feel you are missing now?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Requesting some addon alternatives