06-18-07, 11:30 AM   #1
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Running MazzleUI in multiple computers

I installed and been using MazzleUI on my laptop. As such, I've not updated/installed MazzleUI on my desktop.

Yesterday, I decided to install/update my MazzleUI on my desktop. I've updated the WoW patches, proceeded to install/update based on the various threads in this forum. I then logged into a character and did a complete mazzification.

Then I realized that I would have to set up the buttons again (layout and everything as I use a customized "Basic Layout").

So, I went back to my laptop and copied \Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<AccountName>\SavedVariables\Bongos.lua (which contains the various Bongo Profiles I saved on my laptop) and saved it to my desktop (in the same folder path).

Back at the desktop, I loaded one of the profiles and began placing the buttons and setting up bindings.

Later, I decided to use my laptop. So I disconnected from my desktop and loaded up the same character on my laptop.

As soon as the UI appeared, I noticed all of the buttons are all "wacky/missing". I told my brother this (i.e. Ventrillo) and he told me what he was going through when he has MazzleUI installed in multiple machines.

Come to find out, the profile I'm using on my laptop for the character is not the same profile I setup on my desktop.

I opened Bongos and loaded the same profile as my desktop.

All of the buttons reappeared much like the way I setup my desktop.

I guess, in terms of Bongo buttons, the key is to synchronize your button profiles.

Should I just have copied my laptop's WTF folder?

I don't recommend it as your video settings per machine could be different. In the case for my brother each of his machines have varying resolutions.
06-18-07, 04:52 PM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Button layouts can differ based on aspect ratio.

I would have mazzified both of your button setups using the smaller aspect ratio. After doing that, remazzify just the layout at the correct aspect ratio on the bigger screen.
06-19-07, 07:59 AM   #3
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Button layouts can differ based on aspect ratio.

I would have mazzified both of your button setups using the smaller aspect ratio. After doing that, remazzify just the layout at the correct aspect ratio on the bigger screen.
I didn't know button layouts can differ based on aspect ratio. That is good to know.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Running MazzleUI in multiple computers