01-17-11, 11:27 AM   #1
lrcayou
A Kobold Labourer
Updating ALZA UI

Hey guys,

Coming back to WoW and need to set up my UI for Cataclysm. After going through a lot of the minimalistic compilations I've decided that none of the new ones do the trick like ALZA UI 2.2.

Last update for this compilation was about a year ago, but it only uses about 5 regularly updated addons. My main question is "Can I keep the 2.2 FORMAT but just update the addons to work in the current WoW patch / expansion?"

Much love for the help!
01-17-11, 11:38 AM   #2
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Chances are updating single addons that a tweaked to fit into a UI will break it. Example is Real UI . Wonderfully minimalistic . Upon firing up the MMOUI Minion updater, I realised that half the addons were outdated ( but still work ) . I updated the ones that I felt were necessary and that broke the UI

Heres a few things I can help you with

1 ) Name me the addons that you feel need to be updated and I could try to see if it would go smoothly or it would not work at all

2 ) I could suggest CleanUI , it looks almost EXACTLY the same as Alza ( no really it does ) . The author loved ALZA and when it stopped being updated, he decided to make a new one

3 ) Look through the Screenshot of your UI thread, I can guarantee people in there would be able to help your recreate the look and feel of ALZA with no problems
01-17-11, 12:42 PM   #3
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Poreo View Post
it looks almost EXACTLY the same as Alza ( no really it does )
QFT. I was a long time ALZA user and have to say FatalEntity did a great job with cleanUI. Minor differences (sizes, positions) are easily tweaked in the config files (if you wanted a literal replication ).
01-17-11, 03:03 PM   #4
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

+1 also for cleanUI -- very, very, well... clean. I'm using it with DXE, cargbags (Nivaya), and tinydps. I'll be using Aurora with it soon too.
02-24-11, 04:13 PM   #5
ALZA
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons

No ETA.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Updating ALZA UI