01-31-09, 03:09 AM   #1
dramorae
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

wonder if ?

ok so Ive put together a bunch of junk to make my interface look and feel the way i want the only thing that is still bugging me is that my chat windows are spreed out i use 3 windows right now. 1 for guild 1 for party / raid and whispers and another for system junk (including loot rolls and so on ) what i would like is a chat addon that simply puts it all into one window and switches from one chat to the other only when there is something being typed.maybe with a congif to disable/enable what chats u really want to be able to auto switch. Ive checked out cellular and it only seemed to work for whispers. im looking for a complete replacement of the oem chat windows (something cool looking =P) but that will show each window with in a window kinda thing (am i making any since) yes the wow chat frames will do this but a)there ugly and b) its a pain to keep switching from window to window. ok so Ive gone on long enough ....so an addon that is just like the wow chat frames but auto switches from frame to frame based on if there is some one typing to you or not and that looks cool

as long as i'm still alive .........we have a chance....
01-31-09, 03:26 AM   #2
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Whilst I haven't the slightest clue of any addons that can cater for the majority of your request. I can chisel out a little chunk of

Originally Posted by dramorae View Post
yes the wow chat frames will do this but a)there ugly
And recommend fane Might be something to look at in the mean-time whilst waiting for some better help
02-01-09, 02:47 AM   #3
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

i've been looking for something like this FOREVER! there's a mod called elephant who's framework would be perfect for a chat replacement but it only functions as a chat log. i used fane and tenmetsu before but they didn't play nice with chatter or other chat mods i've previously used. what i think would be great if WIM style tabbing could be applied to chat. i also posted last week about the idea of getting "system junk" and stuff like exp/skill/loot etc (stuff that isn't chat) out of the standard chat frames, but still accessible. my idea was a data broker icon which would drop down with that special chat frame. another interesting mod you might play around with is dock. i was a bit overwhelmed setting it up, but i loved the idea. anyways right now i'm content with how i have it, using 4 separate windows and Chicchai to make them really small when not moused over. Chicchai was almost exactly what i was looking for, except for wanting to have enlarged text with the bigger window. that i can live with out. but i really think there needs to be a better chat mod that focuses on tabs and organization. stuff like chatter/prat/phanxchat is all great, but nothing ever improves the functionality of blizzs fail chat tabs

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » wonder if ?