04-20-21, 03:04 AM   #21
samueldcorbin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Taudier View Post
I'm afraid there is no simple example

then you can create half dozen of buttons like the one I posted above
or thouhand if you have parameters
or use the btn option like : /click [btn:1] MAP
I might be misunderstanding without an example, but are you suggesting I rebind the chat-entry key, then rebind the entire keyboard and basically reimplement the WoW line editor via key-by-key functions to detect when the player has entered something like "/sam" (and optionally parameters)?

Again, having a button doesn't really work for this. The addon's UI isn't controlled by buttons, it includes a half dozen chat commands that share a configurable prefix, and it would be pretty awkward to create a single button and stick it somewhere on the screen just for this, or to make them do /click rather than the established, configurable command prefix, or to have them set a keybind just for this (this particular slash command also takes parameters for a related purpose, so that would be problematic from that perspective to).

It seems like the best solution is just to add it to a queue to open after combat, which is how I originally had it implemented anyway.

Last edited by samueldcorbin : 04-20-21 at 03:10 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Open Map From Slash Command