03-13-11, 08:37 PM   #1
thetravellor
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
pet bars and performance in NUI+ 5

I have used nui for about 18 months and swore by it, unfortunately however it has gotten to the point where it is unusable. The performance impact of NUI 5 is just too great, and the non-working pet bars (eg on my warlock toon) are a deal breaker, also the way in which the buffs are shown is not ideal either.

the whole point of NUI was to simplify things, but it isnt doing that anymore. Sadly, ive switched back to bartender, dhud, omnicc....and my fps has risen remarkably.

03-14-11, 05:44 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have you tried out nUI6 yet to see if that resolves your problem there ? Its not complete yet but the idea is that it will be a vast improvement on nUI5. Changes to WoW 4.1 is slowly breaking elements of nUI 5 which are getting harder and harder to rectify. Some changes like the aura bar problem require a full rewrite. One man can only do so much with the little time he has on his hands for a hobby.

As to the disappearing pet bar problem did you see my post on the disappearing pet bar thread that has a macro that will make the pet bar appear as long as you are not in combat ? I use it all the time and it works great. Also, I know people not using nUI that are having the disappearing action bar problem too. Specifically when dismounting from vehicles.

03-14-11, 07:45 PM   #3
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ive just started using nUI6 and even though its not fully featured yet what it does have dosnt error and ive managed to supliment a few other addons to get some features added while I wait for the features to be added check out my nUI6 screen shot

check out the full thread here http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=39269
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_031411_172242.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	5861  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » pet bars and performance in NUI+ 5