03-19-10, 03:04 PM   #1
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
UIDesigner going south with "load addons"

I enabled the "load addons" option in the startup section and now WoW UIDesigner is locking up every time I start it. It appears to be loading all of FrameXML and the AddOns and starts to update the "File List" tab and then just checks out.

I have tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, etc. to no avail. Now I just can't get back to a state where I can use the tool.

Anyone have any help on this?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/
04-28-10, 10:07 PM   #2
Spectere
A Kobold Labourer
Hiya. Not sure if you're still having the issue (since you started this thread a month and a half ago and all) but, regardless, I do have a possible solution for this.

WoW UI Designer uses the Application.Settings element available in the .NET Framework and, thus, doesn't save the settings in the program directory or the registry. Uninstalling the application will not clear out the configuration files, so the "load addons" setting persists even if you try reinstalling the application.

The exact location of the settings file varies slightly depending on which OS you're using. If you are using Windows XP, it'll be in this directory:

Code:
<system drive>:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SSC\wowuides.exe_Url_wscuaug3diqt1blkpy4bwrc4go4bbusb\1.0.300.0
...and if you're using Vista or Windows 7, it'll be in this directory:

Code:
<system drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SSC\wowuides.exe_Url_wscuaug3diqt1blkpy4bwrc4go4bbusb\1.0.300.0
There are two ways that you can go about fixing the issue. The first, and easiest, method is to simply delete (or rename) the user.config file. WoW UI will recreate it when you start the program, but you will lose your custom settings.

The second option is to open the user.config file in a text editor. Look for the following lines (it should be lines 32-34):

Code:
            <setting name="LoadAddons" serializeAs="String">
                <value>True</value>
            </setting>
Just change the value to "False" and you should be a-okay. Depending on where WoW UI Designer is crashing, you may have to disable the LoadFrameXml setting as well. It should be right above the LoadAddons setting.

Hope this helps!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » UIDesigner going south with "load addons"