10-20-08, 07:52 AM   #221
agent swift
A Defias Bandit
Ack, so the only hope of getting a self cast button to work at this point is to redo my entire UI setting on Macaroon? That is displeasing, as I spent a LOT of time fixing everything.

(Just got the patch last night.)

/pray for bug fix

10-20-08, 04:08 PM   #222
crassy
A Murloc Raider
How do I set key bindings for the possess bar? It's never shown unless you are possessing something (otherwise it's in the default state) and it's kinda hard to find something to possess just to set up the keys.

Last edited by crassy : 10-20-08 at 04:16 PM.

10-20-08, 04:45 PM   #223
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

Originally Posted by agent swift View Post
Ack, so the only hope of getting a self cast button to work at this point is to redo my entire UI setting on Macaroon? That is displeasing, as I spent a LOT of time fixing everything.

(Just got the patch last night.)

/pray for bug fix
Hopefully Maul will fix it (or explain what we're doing wrong).
But you CAN go through and edit the macros behind your buttons so you can at least alt-click to self cast...
You could edit the macros behind the buttons to include the target modifier:alt thing (I did some testing on an alt and created a single button so I could get the right wording...but I'm not at home right now - sorry).
I bet there's a file you could edit by hand, too, and just do some copy/paste or search/replace magic.

EDIT:
I betcha that file is:
...\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<your account>\<your server>\<your toon>\SavedVariables\Macaroon.lua

I found a bunch of lines in it with stuff like:
["macro"] = "/cast [target=player,mod:alt][] Blessing of Kings",

And I betcha you could do a global search and replace in that file if you had to go through and fix the target alt stuff.

-T.

Last edited by Tepetkhet : 10-20-08 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Found additional info

10-20-08, 05:06 PM   #224
01Byte
A Murloc Raider

Ok, I give up. I have tried everything and I still experience the same issue.

Every time I log in, all of my buttons appear in the center of my screen. I then have to put Macaroon in edit mode and move them to the right place.

Am I really the only one experiencing this? help... s..o..s...

10-20-08, 05:12 PM   #225
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Just a quick question here. Is it possible to make macaroon do a different action based on if its left click or right click? I know that I can do this with macros if I'm wanting to use an item or cast a spell. But that doesn't work for me, here's what I'm trying to do.

Left click to do this -

/mac hidden ContextMenu

Right click to do this -

/mac hidden BagBar
/mac hidden MenuBar

10-20-08, 07:15 PM   #226
01Byte
A Murloc Raider

After updating to the last patch I am experiencing two "bugs".

1. When I first enter combat, my tool tip changes and displays bar information that would be shown if I was in edit mode (which ever bar my mouse is over). Once a hit is registered, then the tool tip goes back to normal (the buttons are not affected, only the tool tip).

2. Macaroon has lost it's ability to detect "Battle" stance (I am a Warrior). I have a bar that is set to the different stances and while it works fine in "Defensive" stance and "Berserk" stance, it disappears when I shift into "Battle" stance (it's like it does not register the stance but thinks it's something else).

Both of these issues appeared when I applied the latest Macaroon patch.

10-20-08, 08:22 PM   #227
KenNashua
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Gack! You really, really, need to have a possess and pet bars set up automatically by default. Took me a number of tries missing the trick between possess "Normal" (no buttons) and possess "Possession" view with the 10 pet ID buttons before I finally got it set up.

10-20-08, 09:47 PM   #228
neqrodermis
A Kobold Labourer
Hello world of addons,

Maul, i am a huge fan i downloaded Kasane's Fury Warrior UI, have created my own since.

3.0 release and i switched to macaroon from Trinity bars. Hella nice work on both.

I do not know how the scripts, macros, etc. work with all this so here is my simple question.

Can i fix one bar to only show when i am flagged for pvp ( i figure in the custom bar option.) if so can someone please state it, or help me out?

if not, may i suggest implementing an option for bar show on flag/unflagged.
it would be greatly appreciated.

Huge Fan,
Meetspen (name change )

10-20-08, 09:55 PM   #229
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by 01Byte View Post
Ok, I give up. I have tried everything and I still experience the same issue.

Every time I log in, all of my buttons appear in the center of my screen. I then have to put Macaroon in edit mode and move them to the right place.

Am I really the only one experiencing this? help... s..o..s...
Sort of. For me, it's just my one bag button. Everything else is sticking where it's supposed to...

10-20-08, 11:29 PM   #230
Dreadan
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by KenNashua View Post
Gack! You really, really, need to have a possess and pet bars set up automatically by default. Took me a number of tries missing the trick between possess "Normal" (no buttons) and possess "Possession" view with the 10 pet ID buttons before I finally got it set up.
Thank you! i've spent a few days trying to figure this out. I think I have it figured out now. It does need some explanation somewhere.

Last edited by Dreadan : 10-20-08 at 11:33 PM.

10-21-08, 01:36 AM   #231
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
So I was in BT earlier and we got to Gorefiend. I was frettin over getting the constructs because I don't know which bar the attacks are going to pop up on.
We downed him so fast that he didn't even have time to spawn the 2nd set of constructs and luckily I wasn't the one person who got them. So anyways, my question is, which bar would the attacks pop up on? The possess bar?

Just wanted to edit and add that this nerf to raids is rediculous. Takes all the fun out of them. =(

Last edited by malathar : 10-21-08 at 01:37 AM. Reason: add more

10-21-08, 06:20 AM   #232
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

First off, I want to say Thank YOU! to Maul for making this addon. I am really enjoying it. Now onto my issue.

My only real problem, and it might be me and not the addon, is under trinity when doing quest, they would be tracked over on the right hand side of the screen. I believe it was blizzards default tracker that was there doing this. Now my quest are not tracked. When I get an item or something that I need, the yellow text appears in the middle of the screen, then fades away as always, but nothing shows up on the right side under the mini-map.

Is this because the blizzard default UI is disabled in Macaroon, or is there something I need to do?

Thanks,

Gaidinward

Edit: If I use questhelper I can use the tracker there, but I really dont like the tracker in QH. Would prefer the default tracker if you can tell me how to get it.

Last edited by Gaidinward : 10-21-08 at 06:23 AM.

10-21-08, 09:20 AM   #233
pwolfe
A Murloc Raider
So I've run into another snag. I read through what needs to be done to create a petbar, but what can us priests do for things like mind control? When I mc something, the abilities arent anything I can drag down to a bar.

Will I have to use a seperate mod for my petbar needs?

10-21-08, 12:51 PM   #234
Radoznali
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Arrow

self-cast

why dont you go into default Blizz controls and set it there-works fine for me

bar for ppl in MC-didnt set it up for my spriest,but what i belive you need to do is to make a bar-click so it si posses bar and then on the that bar set your buttons in possesion state

10-21-08, 12:59 PM   #235
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Hiya all! I am reading the posts here, but time is getting tight for me!

I am going to leave this thread as a discussion amongst users, where I might quip in from time-to-time, but not as a support thread. For support, reply to the Macaroon comments section or post a bug/feature request on my portal. Or read the FAQ! All the links are on Macaroon's main page

Thanks!

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-21-08, 07:06 PM   #236
01Byte
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by seebs View Post
Sort of. For me, it's just my one bag button. Everything else is sticking where it's supposed to...
I found the cause (at least for me). If you are using the "snap to" option on the bar, turn it off. When I did this, my bar's stayed were I put them when the UI was loaded.

Hope this helps.

10-21-08, 07:59 PM   #237
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

My possible but, could just be something I am doing, has been submitted via the bug report in the portal.

10-22-08, 12:17 AM   #238
Ayindi
A Kobold Labourer
Hi,

I have a problem with my Druids stancebar. I've searched available information, but did not find a real solution. Let me explain. My main bar has custom states:

[stance:0]
[stance:1]
[stance:2]
[stance:3]
[stance:3,stealth]
[stance:4]
[stance:5]
[stance:6]

So as you can see I want to my main bar to switch according to every form I'm in. I know that stance 2 is only aquatic form and this does not make sense, but I have not cleaned this up, yet.

So far this works fine except for stealth in cat form. If I stealth, my cat bar will not change to a stealthbar. If I delete [stance:3] in this setup the bar in edit mode will show me stance:3 + stealth correctly, but if I enter [stance:3] again I get only this stance and stealth seems to be gone. Seems that stance:3 will override stance:3+stealth. So is this a bug, of can you tell me what I'm doing wrong here?!

I also read digmouse's FAQ and there he mentioned something like this:

[stance:3];[stance:3,stealth]

I havent tried this, yet but as far as I understand this will get me a the same bar for cat and cat+stealth form, which I already have. I want two different bars for this!

Hope this description of the problem was more or less understandable!

10-22-08, 02:13 AM   #239
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Ayindi View Post
Hi,

I have a problem with my Druids stancebar. I've searched available information, but did not find a real solution. Let me explain. My main bar has custom states:

[stance:0]
[stance:1]
[stance:2]
[stance:3]
[stance:3,stealth]
[stance:4]
[stance:5]
[stance:6]

So as you can see I want to my main bar to switch according to every form I'm in. I know that stance 2 is only aquatic form and this does not make sense, but I have not cleaned this up, yet.

So far this works fine except for stealth in cat form. If I stealth, my cat bar will not change to a stealthbar. If I delete [stance:3] in this setup the bar in edit mode will show me stance:3 + stealth correctly, but if I enter [stance:3] again I get only this stance and stealth seems to be gone. Seems that stance:3 will override stance:3+stealth. So is this a bug, of can you tell me what I'm doing wrong here?!

I also read digmouse's FAQ and there he mentioned something like this:

[stance:3];[stance:3,stealth]

I havent tried this, yet but as far as I understand this will get me a the same bar for cat and cat+stealth form, which I already have. I want two different bars for this!

Hope this description of the problem was more or less understandable!
[stance:3,stealth];[stance:3]

The states are checked in order. The way you have it, stance:3 is always going to be true when in cat form prowling or not, so it never gets to the stealth check. You need to check for stealth first, then if not stealth, check for stance only

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-22-08, 11:07 PM   #240
markabey
A Defias Bandit
Hiya, I love Trinity and this mod, but I can't get the possess/pet bar working with the Zombie world event. The Zombie abilties don't show up as Pet or action IDs for me.
World of raids said this was new Vechicle technology, is that something to do with it, rather than being a pet ID?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!