07-08-13, 04:02 PM   #2381
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by BalwickMaggy View Post
Hey nib, still having the wrong font show on the action bars; I have RealUI's control of them switched off to set them up how I like and I suspect that's why. The masque theme is applied properly otherwise - borders and highlights are fine, just the font is wrong.
Will get this fixed up. Haven't gotten around to skinning Arena/Flag Unit Frames yet. Life's been hectic atm.

07-08-13, 05:10 PM   #2382
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Will get this fixed up. Haven't gotten around to skinning Arena/Flag Unit Frames yet. Life's been hectic atm.
No rush, just letting you know. I know that feel nib. There's a lot of reasons I didn't play for 3 months

07-08-13, 06:39 PM   #2383
Beastly-TN
A Defias Bandit
How can I move the menu bar on the bottom, to the top of the window?

07-09-13, 02:52 AM   #2384
Zypharo
For one, thank you very much for this really well-functioning and sleek minimalistic UI.

And two, I had a few questions as to some difficulties I'm having with it.

One, I can't seem to successfully add "buff effects" to show on the Grid2 frames. I play a Resto Shaman and Disc. Priest, and it would be great to be able to see who has Earth Shield and Power Word: Shield on them, and Weakened Soul for that matter, but it doesn't seem to work every time that I add it. How can I successfully add buffs and debuffs to be tracked on the Grid2 frames? Also, how can I make sure that I can see whenever there's a dispellable debuff on someone?

Two, I can't see the indicators of how much someone's going to be healed for except for very specific conditions in the Grid2 frames. How can I ensure that I can see healing indicators from all sources and conditions?

Three, is there any way to make it so that the left and right bars don't show unless I mouse over them? I use the 'CTRL' key as a modifier for some of my keybinds, and don't like seeing those randomly flash every time I want to modify something like that. How can I disable the left and right bars appearing when pressing 'CTRL'?

Four, this one being multiple questions regarding action bars/keybinds. Can I make each character have a different number of slots on each bar? Also, can I make each spec have a different number of slots on each bar, as well as have separate keybinds, if possible?

Five, regarding BadBoy, I receive an "Internal Calendar Error" every time that I use the "Click to Report" function in chat. How can I stop that from happening? I like reporting spammers, but I don't like seeing that happen.

Six, I'd like to sort my Grid2 frames by role or health missing, that kind of thing. How can I make it so that my Grid2 frames sort the players by either role or health missing? Preferably role.

Thank you very much for your help, and I'll look forward to your assistance.

07-09-13, 05:17 AM   #2385
Ruvengaard
A Cyclonian
Hi,

I've got a question : When entering/leaving a raid group, the raid frame never appears/disappears automatically, I always need to perform a /reload to have it show up/disappear. Is there something I need to tweak to have this working or is it a standard behavior ?

Clean install done, and a couple of addons running beside RealUI (BigWigs, Auctionneer, Blood Shield Tracker) and I haven't seen any traces in bugsack related to this.

Thanks for any pointers.

Take care,
Ruven.

07-09-13, 02:51 PM   #2386
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye™ View Post
Any skin support for Bigwigs? I do enjoy bigwigs over DBM. The skins I sent you support it but you will have to modify it some to look right I do believe. I got it mostly working.

Where did you get those skins from? A finished product anywhere? I would love those for the bosses that arent yet included in DXE for Bigwigs. Nib, he said he sent them to you? Would you be able to include them in a seperate folder next update?

Last edited by Gloks : 07-09-13 at 03:18 PM.

07-09-13, 06:03 PM   #2387
disbthai
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Do you know how to enable and disable this? Thanks

07-09-13, 11:20 PM   #2388
timtag1190
A Murloc Raider
Okay so well I switched to this UI today so a clean install its all nice and everything but for some reason i can't get dxe nor dbm (when I switched over to that instead) to work at all. Everything is loaded just fine so I know it should work as I can bring up the options for both of them in-game but when ever I enter a instance/scenario/raid nothing comes up and it doesn't activate the options for the place, even when I do manually activate them they do nothing. no bars/no warning/nothing and it only does it for your UI as I switched back over to my old UI I was using beforehand and it all started working again but as soon as I switched back to this one it stopped again.. I haven't added any other addons at all other than just switching dxe to dbm so idk whats wrong here :/ I just hope someone can help me soon as I would love to use this UI but right now I can't if dxe nor dbm works..

07-10-13, 04:33 AM   #2389
high55555
A Fallenroot Satyr
There is always a blank field in the aura section (see screenshot). What does this mean and how can I delete that?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

07-10-13, 05:08 AM   #2390
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by high55555 View Post
There is always a blank field in the aura section (see screenshot). What does this mean and how can I delete that?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This is a well known issue. Nib is working out a fix. Could take some time, could be sooner than later. All I know is it is coming soon enough. Just try to ignore the box for the time being.!

Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
Where did you get those skins from? A finished product anywhere? I would love those for the bosses that arent yet included in DXE for Bigwigs. Nib, he said he sent them to you? Would you be able to include them in a seperate folder next update?
I think this is a low request. It will get done when more major stuff gets attention. We ned to remember Nib is the only person working on this beautiful UI. He has what he needs and Im sure it will come in time. Nib has DBM fully supported. I suggest working with that until then.

Originally Posted by timtag1190 View Post
Okay so well I switched to this UI today so a clean install its all nice and everything but for some reason i can't get dxe nor dbm (when I switched over to that instead) to work at all. Everything is loaded just fine so I know it should work as I can bring up the options for both of them in-game but when ever I enter a instance/scenario/raid nothing comes up and it doesn't activate the options for the place, even when I do manually activate them they do nothing. no bars/no warning/nothing and it only does it for your UI as I switched back over to my old UI I was using beforehand and it all started working again but as soon as I switched back to this one it stopped again.. I haven't added any other addons at all other than just switching dxe to dbm so idk whats wrong here :/ I just hope someone can help me soon as I would love to use this UI but right now I can't if dxe nor dbm works..
Alright. Lets do a clean install with just DBM. First off you will want to backup your WTF / Interface folder. You need to back these up for many reasons. After you back them up. Delete your Interface - Cache - WTF folders. Be sure you delete them completely. Now this will ensure a clean install or everything. Now download a brand new, fresh clean copy of RealUI 8. Put the Interface folder from the download into your main wow folder. Now you have a fresh install of RealUI 8. Start your game up and do not disable any addons or delete any at all.

Side Note - if you want DBM go ahead and throw that into your addons folder before you start your game.

Once in-game install and you should be good to go... Please do report back and let us know how it goes. best of luck to you!

Originally Posted by Beastly-TN View Post
How can I move the menu bar on the bottom, to the top of the window?
This would require some lua changes. Plus moving other elements around like raven and the minimap down and so on.

- Nib I hope all is well.

Last edited by Kkthnx : 07-10-13 at 05:18 AM.

07-10-13, 05:47 AM   #2391
Ryan91
A Defias Bandit
Hey, first of all: great UI!

Just got one question: is it possible to get IceHUD working again? I can't seem to get any bar working atm

07-10-13, 08:05 AM   #2392
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
Hey, first of all: great UI!

Just got one question: is it possible to get IceHUD working again? I can't seem to get any bar working atm
In the v8 series, Nib removed IceHUD. You can either go back to the v7 series, which still used it, or you can install IceHUD on your own and configure it to your liking.

Marth

07-10-13, 11:19 AM   #2393
Ryan91
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
In the v8 series, Nib removed IceHUD. You can either go back to the v7 series, which still used it, or you can install IceHUD on your own and configure it to your liking.
Tried to install it, doesnt show up.

/edit: nvm, found the mistake

Last edited by Ryan91 : 07-10-13 at 12:00 PM.

07-10-13, 11:33 AM   #2394
Massiveunit
A Black Drake

Life's been hectic atm. My thoughts are with u!!!!

Massive

07-10-13, 01:14 PM   #2395
Remlek91
A Kobold Labourer
I am having a problem with encounters such as Lei Shen, Stormstout Brewery, and Trove of the Thunder King. It seems there is an issue with the counter. Here's a picture of my issue

http://imgur.com/xOCN5lc

Have any ideas as to what is wrong?

07-10-13, 01:21 PM   #2396
devilArt
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
hi Nibelheim, is that possible to make a PTR branch

07-10-13, 05:26 PM   #2397
timtag1190
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye™ View Post
Alright. Lets do a clean install with just DBM. First off you will want to backup your WTF / Interface folder. You need to back these up for many reasons. After you back them up. Delete your Interface - Cache - WTF folders. Be sure you delete them completely. Now this will ensure a clean install or everything. Now download a brand new, fresh clean copy of RealUI 8. Put the Interface folder from the download into your main wow folder. Now you have a fresh install of RealUI 8. Start your game up and do not disable any addons or delete any at all.

Side Note - if you want DBM go ahead and throw that into your addons folder before you start your game.

Once in-game install and you should be good to go... Please do report back and let us know how it goes. best of luck to you!

- Nib I hope all is well.
Okay so idk what exactly what happened but after I updated DBM today it started working, I didn't do any clean installs or anything else other than just updating so idk what the issue was with it yesterday but all is good now.

07-10-13, 05:36 PM   #2398
marsailli
A Defias Bandit
Bartender Bar 1

Hi! I love the new version with one exception -- I need 12 action bar buttons for bar 1! I've changed it in the Bartender settings, but the profile resets everytime I login. Is there someplace in the LUA code (and which file) where I can revert it to always show 12 buttons are Bar 1?

Thanks!!

07-10-13, 05:55 PM   #2399
webster259
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by marsailli View Post
Hi! I love the new version with one exception -- I need 12 action bar buttons for bar 1! I've changed it in the Bartender settings, but the profile resets everytime I login. Is there someplace in the LUA code (and which file) where I can revert it to always show 12 buttons are Bar 1?

Thanks!!
I'm pretty sure that in order to make any permanent changes to Bartender, when you open up the RealUI config, click on Action Bars and untick RealUI control. That's what I had to do in order to allow my bar placements to remain constant when I moved them

07-10-13, 05:57 PM   #2400
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Remlek91 View Post
I am having a problem with encounters such as Lei Shen, Stormstout Brewery, and Trove of the Thunder King. It seems there is an issue with the counter. Here's a picture of my issue

Have any ideas as to what is wrong?
Never seen that before

Originally Posted by devilArt View Post
hi Nibelheim, is that possible to make a PTR branch
With how screwed up the PTR is atm with regards to addons, it may be a while.

Originally Posted by marsailli View Post

Thanks!!
/bar

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI