10-25-08, 03:16 AM   #261
fish2k
A Murloc Raider
Hi i have a little question:
Is there any changelog?
I've assumed that it's contained in the zip-archive.

Thanks

10-25-08, 03:34 AM   #262
Schtauffen
A Kobold Labourer
Less than 6 pages?

Is there a way w/o manually replicating each bar twice to reduce the number of pages to 3? Most addons can do this but I cannot find out for the life of me how with macaroon

10-25-08, 03:42 AM   #263
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by fish2k View Post
Hi i have a little question:
Is there any changelog?
I've assumed that it's contained in the zip-archive.

Thanks
Macaroon click on the changelog tab at the top.

10-25-08, 09:02 AM   #264
fish2k
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
Macaroon click on the changelog tab at the top.
zomfg...
Thanks xD

10-25-08, 10:07 AM   #265
NemoX
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Dragonsblaze View Post
To get 121-132,you need to get the newest macaroon.
The only ways I can get the possess to show up once I'm a zombie is to either /reloadui out of combat or left click the macaroon icon and cycle the bar states.

10-25-08, 07:31 PM   #266
Hacknar
A Defias Bandit
I'm having a little trouble creating a "Metamorphosis" bar. I don't fully understand the custom states.

Metamorphosis (trainable ability) is not consider a stance. Bartender 4 recognises Metamorphosis so the bar will change when you're in demon form, but I'm not sure how do to this with Macaroon.

Basically I'm trying to make a "main" bar that will change for either possession or Metamorphosis.
Possession is working fine, just need to figure out Metamorphosis.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

10-26-08, 12:59 AM   #267
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Hacknar View Post
I'm having a little trouble creating a "Metamorphosis" bar. I don't fully understand the custom states.

Metamorphosis (trainable ability) is not consider a stance. Bartender 4 recognises Metamorphosis so the bar will change when you're in demon form, but I'm not sure how do to this with Macaroon.

Basically I'm trying to make a "main" bar that will change for either possession or Metamorphosis.
Possession is working fine, just need to figure out Metamorphosis.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Make sure you have the most recent update. Then while in config mode, enable "Stance" on a bar. That will give you two states, normal and metamorphosis. That's if you enable stance after you learn the ability. Add buttons as desired to each state.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-26-08, 04:25 AM   #268
Hacknar
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
Make sure you have the most recent update. Then while in config mode, enable "Stance" on a bar. That will give you two states, normal and metamorphosis. That's if you enable stance after you learn the ability. Add buttons as desired to each state.
Thanks a lot Maul

One last question though. The above works great in a new, separate bar, but with that I loose the keybinding of the "Main bar". Is it possible to have a bar that will be paged, change on possession and also change on Metamorphosis so I can keep/use the keybinding of the Main page? (similar to Blizzard's and Bartender 4)

10-26-08, 08:08 AM   #269
KenNashua
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ugh. Another update and bars are broken again. Now I have a bar that's a Macaroon bar but doesn't identify itself as one...

Update: not sure what I did, but switching between bind mode, edit, fixed them.

Last edited by KenNashua : 10-26-08 at 08:27 AM.

10-26-08, 12:32 PM   #270
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Thanks a lot Maul

One last question though. The above works great in a new, separate bar, but with that I loose the keybinding of the "Main bar". Is it possible to have a bar that will be paged, change on possession and also change on Metamorphosis so I can keep/use the keybinding of the Main page? (similar to Blizzard's and Bartender 4)
I will double check, but bindings should carry to other buttons on the same bar when you apply the bindings. You may have to re-apply the bindings so those new buttons know which binding to use.

When you add buttons to a bar, they do not assume any bindings. They wait for them to be assigned. If you wanted to use different bindings on the meta bar, you can left-click the button while in binding mode to lock bindings so they do not get changed.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-26-08, 12:33 PM   #271
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by KenNashua View Post
Ugh. Another update and bars are broken again. Now I have a bar that's a Macaroon bar but doesn't identify itself as one...

Update: not sure what I did, but switching between bind mode, edit, fixed them.
Sorry That is why Macaroon is still in beta. I may have to change something that may make a bar setup under a previous version not work correctly. Once Macaroon is out of beta, things like this will not happen

10-26-08, 03:02 PM   #272
Hacknar
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
I will double check, but bindings should carry to other buttons on the same bar when you apply the bindings. You may have to re-apply the bindings so those new buttons know which binding to use.

When you add buttons to a bar, they do not assume any bindings. They wait for them to be assigned. If you wanted to use different bindings on the meta bar, you can left-click the button while in binding mode to lock bindings so they do not get changed.
Sorry, I meant that I would like to use the same keybinding for all 3 bars (Main, Pages, and Stance). The problem is that I can set the bar to Page-Possession but not Page-Possession-Stance (all 3 at the same time).

10-26-08, 05:48 PM   #273
i208khonsu
A Defias Bandit
I've been trying to make a bar with 8 custom states but have not been able to figure out exactly how to do it. If anybody could lend advice on the code I need I would really appreciate it.

Friendly Target
Friendly Target + Shift
Friendly Target + Ctrl
Friendly Target + Shift + Ctrl
Hostile Target
Hostile Target + Shift
Hostile Target + Ctrl
Hostile Target + Shift + Ctrl

10-26-08, 08:15 PM   #274
Stubbie
A Kobold Labourer
I just installed this addon today, and my Character Pane window becomes disabled while I"m in combat. I can't find an option for this. All the other Panes are able to used. Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution? Thanks in advance!

10-26-08, 08:46 PM   #275
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Sorry, I meant that I would like to use the same keybinding for all 3 bars (Main, Pages, and Stance). The problem is that I can set the bar to Page-Possession but not Page-Possession-Stance (all 3 at the same time).
Ah,, yes, then you need to use the bar linking feature and use the bindings lock feature as you set up your bindings. Read the FAQ on bar linking.

After you bind your paged bar, left-click the buttons while still in binding mode to lock the bindings. Then bind your stance/possess bar buttons. With the bindings locked on the paged bar, they will not get erased.

10-26-08, 08:50 PM   #276
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Stubbie View Post
I just installed this addon today, and my Character Pane window becomes disabled while I"m in combat. I can't find an option for this. All the other Panes are able to used. Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution? Thanks in advance!
It's not you, this is a know issue. I am trying to remedy the issue. The problem is Macaroon Xtras creates its own character button and while in combat it taints the character pane, messing it up. I am looking at a means to securely open the character pane without re-parenting the Blizz character micro button.

10-26-08, 08:58 PM   #277
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by i208khonsu View Post
I've been trying to make a bar with 8 custom states but have not been able to figure out exactly how to do it. If anybody could lend advice on the code I need I would really appreciate it.

Friendly Target
Friendly Target + Shift
Friendly Target + Ctrl
Friendly Target + Shift + Ctrl
Hostile Target
Hostile Target + Shift
Hostile Target + Ctrl
Hostile Target + Shift + Ctrl
First you will want to update to the most recent version 30000.27. There were some issues with the custom state editor. But here is how you would set it up -

[mod:shift, mod:ctrl, help]
[mod:shift, help]
[mod:ctrl, help]
[help]
[mod:shift, mod:ctrl, harm]
[mod:shift, harm]
[mod:ctrl, harm]
[harm]

The thing about states you have to remember is that order is important on checking for conditions. If you had [help] at the top, it would be the first condition to check as true while targeting a friendly target and the macro check would stop there. So you have to place your "complex" checks at the top of the list, and the simpler ones after. Not sure if that made sense :P

10-27-08, 03:40 AM   #278
Laultimavez
A Kobold Labourer

Question Down ranking

I can't live without Macaroon! <3 Thank you for making action bars easier to deal with.

As a healer I tend to down rank my spells, but am having a hard time getting the down ranked spells to stick to my bars. I can click and drag a lower ranked spell to my action bar, but as soon as I put it ON the bar the spell is automatically upgraded to the highest ranked spell. Help Is there any way to stop that from happening?

10-27-08, 04:44 AM   #279
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Laultimavez View Post
I can't live without Macaroon! <3 Thank you for making action bars easier to deal with.

As a healer I tend to down rank my spells, but am having a hard time getting the down ranked spells to stick to my bars. I can click and drag a lower ranked spell to my action bar, but as soon as I put it ON the bar the spell is automatically upgraded to the highest ranked spell. Help Is there any way to stop that from happening?
In patch 3.0 down-ranked spells actually cost more mana than the highest rank, if you did not realize

However a simple macro edit and you can add the rank to the spell. Also an undocumented feature is you can hold down ctrl while dragging a spell from the spell book and it will add the rank to the macro.

10-28-08, 01:13 PM   #280
Lathomere
A Kobold Labourer
Talking Druid bar question

Hi all,
Great mod overall, and thanks a ton for the efforts you've put into it. It's one of the core mods I use now.

On the Druid bars though, I'm having trouble getting the bars to change between my caster form, bear, cat and stealthed cat forms. I used an example posted very early in the thread and it worked fine...until I completed my water travel form...then it seems to have broken.

I've updated to the latest version, but it's a bit confusing to set up. Any place I can find a more thorough tutorial?

Oh, also, I got "bar happy" and made a few additional bars...can they be deleted or are they just hidden?
Thanks again for the mod and (hopefully) for the help!
Lath

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!