12-13-08, 06:14 PM   #421
cryowolf
A Murloc Raider
possession bar woes

I have worked around most of the possession bar issues, even by disabling Macaroon for some.

The one I cannot manage is "Horn of the Peaks" from the Earthen Oath quest in Storm Peaks.

Any suggestions?

12-14-08, 12:53 AM   #422
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
hmm, I just completed storm peaks with no issues.

I run a main bar with 36 macro buttons on them. and 2 other bars... one is tagged as a possession bar and a pet bar both only have 12 buttons, the other is tagged as a plain old pet bar with only 10 buttons on it.

I know this seems redundant, but it works. The only issues I ever have is when I posses something my runes (dragged and sized with fluid frames) goes somewhere I would rather not have it, and it takes a /rl (i have ace mods installed) to get everything back to normal. It sucks but it works, and with that minor inconvenience macaroon works for me.

12-14-08, 01:10 AM   #423
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I also have a pet/possession bar + a pet bar for all of my toons. I do have to quickly unhide them as needed, but it's only a minor inconvenience (to me).

12-20-08, 08:14 PM   #424
Nelix
A Defias Bandit
I'm sure someone has let you know about this but just in case...

I have found that my petbar works perfectly as a hunter when using my pet, however when I am controlling something like one of the new vehicles or some other creature it is a crap shoot. Sometimes it works sometimes I have to put Macaroon in edit mode and click on the pet bar to put it in "With Pet" mode so I can see the buttons. The problem with doing it that way is that in some boss encounters that require you to use a pet bar, once you are in combat you cannot put Macaroon in edit mode.

It just doesn't seem to properly recognize that I should have pet controls in those temporary quest situations.

Thanks for all your hard work, this is a GREAT addon!

12-21-08, 01:18 PM   #425
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
we may have to come to terms with this mod being abandoned. No updates or word from Maul in nearly a month, and the list of issues is almost 3 pages deep now.

anyone know of any good alternatives for this?

12-23-08, 02:13 PM   #426
kolaf
A Defias Bandit
Profile Loading

Love the program and this question might have been answered in a previous post, if so i apologize

For all my characters Ive created their own profiles and saved them in the main menu under Profiles, and everytime I load a character I have to manually load the Macaroon profile. However I recently created a Death Knight and created his profile, when I logged back all the bars stayed where they should be, no loading needed. My question is, how can I get it so the profile automatically loads with all the other characters?

Thanks for any help you can give on this.

Last edited by kolaf : 12-23-08 at 02:26 PM.

12-23-08, 06:19 PM   #427
Rowdysattva
A Defias Bandit
Macaroon and Profiles help

I want the ability to load different bar layouts and buttons for different specs for each toon i play. Ret and Prot on my pally for example. I looked at the faq but i don't see a section on profiles. If someone can direct me to the info thread on setting up and using profiles that would be great.

I clicked to save my bar layout, button layout, and button info... but when i hit load all my buttons disappeared. I hit it again and they reappeared... a third press and they were gone again... but the forth and on up don't bring my bar/buttons back and i don't see any change. I see my buttons are saved under stored buttons... so how do i unstore them and get them back?

Thanks

12-24-08, 09:29 AM   #428
kolaf
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rowdysattva View Post

I want the ability to load different bar layouts and buttons for different specs for each toon i play. Ret and Prot on my pally for example. I looked at the faq but i don't see a section on profiles. If someone can direct me to the info thread on setting up and using profiles that would be great.

I clicked to save my bar layout, button layout , and button info... but when i hit load all my buttons disappeared. I hit it again and they reappeared... a third press and they were gone again... but the forth and on up don't bring my bar/buttons back and i don't see any change. I see my buttons are saved under stored buttons... so how do i unstore them and get them back?

Thanks
I can help with this. If you right click on the Macaroon Icon (either on Fubar or next to the mini map), click on the Main Menu. You have to expand the Macaroon + sign to the right of it, and underneath you'll see Profiles. Put in a name (ret), click all the boxes to the right of it (Bar Layout, Settings, Button Layout, Button Data) and hit save. Then you can change your Macaroon layout for Protection and save it the same way.

12-25-08, 12:49 PM   #429
Foxxen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I don't know what to think at this time except that the Pet-bar should have been an separate addon. I don't think it should have been included into Macaroon. It's way too problematic. I love this addon, but the fact that Blizzard has gone freakin' nuts with all of these Pet control quests, where you need access to the Pet-Bar, it's making the game very frustrating to say the least. Macaroon does not show the Pet-Bar 90% of the time unless you're a hunter. But only with your own pet. Vehicles, NPC Controls ( Chess and other things like this ) just get over the top annoying.

I know others have posted about this and I do hope Maul continues his work. If not at least give it to someone who can continue it. It's too good of a system to let it go. As far as I know there are no other bar mods out there nearly as flexible or good as this one. I'm having a hell of a time right this instant trying to do a few of just the holiday quests. I'm going to have to disable this bar mod just to do these, it shouldn't be this way.

Take care, Merry Christmas everyone!

12-25-08, 06:14 PM   #430
crazyivan
A Murloc Raider
How do I macro my pet bar so that I can hit 1,2,3, etc to use the buttons? I dont have a bar that corresponds to the number keys? It is hard to use the vehicles without the number keys though

12-26-08, 06:24 AM   #431
kolaf
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Foxxen View Post
I don't know what to think at this time except that the Pet-bar should have been an separate addon. I don't think it should have been included into Macaroon. It's way too problematic. I love this addon, but the fact that Blizzard has gone freakin' nuts with all of these Pet control quests, where you need access to the Pet-Bar, it's making the game very frustrating to say the least. Macaroon does not show the Pet-Bar 90% of the time unless you're a hunter. But only with your own pet. Vehicles, NPC Controls ( Chess and other things like this ) just get over the top annoying.

I know others have posted about this and I do hope Maul continues his work. If not at least give it to someone who can continue it. It's too good of a system to let it go. As far as I know there are no other bar mods out there nearly as flexible or good as this one. I'm having a hell of a time right this instant trying to do a few of just the holiday quests. I'm going to have to disable this bar mod just to do these, it shouldn't be this way.

Take care, Merry Christmas everyone!
I can fix this with three steps for you, maybe four.. pretty easy tho. Your main cast bar, go into edit mode and right click on the bar for the menu, and click possess. It shouldnt uncheck paged or stance for druids/warriors etc. Then left click through the bar to cycle through the states. One will now be possess. You can then bind keys to it, and it will replace your cast bar whenever you are possessing a item. The christmas race car is a great way to test it.

Originally Posted by crazyivan View Post
How do I macro my pet bar so that I can hit 1,2,3, etc to use the buttons? I dont have a bar that corresponds to the number keys? It is hard to use the vehicles without the number keys though
On the Macaroon Icon right click, and there is Bind edit. Just hover over the buttons you want bound and type the number/letter you want it bound to. It took me a bit to figure it out as well lol hope this helps.

01-06-09, 12:56 PM   #432
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
I have my possession bar working fine during quests, but when I hop onto another person's vehicle in Wintergrasp, I get NO toolbar for controls. Maybe Im wrong, but I thought when you did that you were taking control of a turret gun - and should be getting a possession bar for it.

01-09-09, 11:09 AM   #433
Teaminnovator
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Has this mod been abaondoned? With a new patch coming out soon (3.0.8) I'm a little worried. This mod has been my bread and butter mod for so long and when LK came out I couldn't find anything similar to it.

I'm just concerned that if this next patch doesn't break it that it will be broken in 3.1

For all the people with pet bar issues do you have both a pet bar and a possesion bar made up? I've not had any problems with my pet bars in a long time but I am unsure of it is the the pet or possession bar being used for the quest.

Lastly, if you are in a vehicle that has someone already controlling the middle turret then you are in a "side car" position. You don't control anything but you can cast your normal spells. That's why you don't get a possession bar when you aren't in the main spot.

-OSDeath

01-14-09, 11:07 PM   #434
Jansyu
A Defias Bandit
I'm still struggling with the POSSESSION bar.
I know that I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.

I have to constantly log out turn mac off, come back in do the quest, log off, turn mac on, log back in.

While this is acceptable when questing ... it is not possible in a raid.

Can someone please list a step by step "idiots" guide?

thanks heaps
"yeah I'm the idiot"

01-15-09, 02:50 AM   #435
opocaj
A Defias Bandit

Posses bar

1. right click on mini map button
  2. create new bar
  3. right click on new bar
  4. check "posses" and "pet"
  5. click done
  6. left click on new bar to cicle to states
  7. when you are on posses bar, right click on the bar
  8. select button count
  9. left click on the bar as many times as the button you want(suggest 10)
  10. right click on minimap button
  11. select button edit
  12. left click on all the buttons on the possession bar, to make them pet button
  13. right click on minimap button
  14. select edit bar
  15. left click on the bar to cicle to states
  16. when you are on pet bar, right click on the bar
  17. select button count
  18. left click on the bar as many times as the button you want(suggest 10)
  19. right click on minimap button
  20. select button edit
  21. left click on all the buttons on the pet bar, to make them pet button

this should work
sometimes it does not turn into possession, in those cases i simply go into edit mode and cicle states to reach possession and then exit edit mode.

otherway is to allow blizard main bar to be shown, immediatly before u posses, but I would not suggest this solution

01-20-09, 06:58 PM   #436
Arcana
A Defias Bandit
No Bars Edit for 3.0.8

The Bar Edit configuration for this Addon appears to be broken in 3.0.8. I was unable to retrieve my old bar configuration or create a new one.

01-20-09, 07:18 PM   #437
Dookl
A Defias Bandit
Macaroon broken for patch 3.0.8?

Logged in today and no bar mod just one button in lower right hand corner of a bag that did nothing when clicked. DLed latest version and logged in same thing happening not able to create new bars etc.

01-20-09, 07:24 PM   #438
asmorth
A Kobold Labourer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logged in today and no bar mod just one button in lower right hand corner of a bag that did nothing when clicked. DLed latest version and logged in same thing happening not able to create new bars etc.

dittto

01-20-09, 07:48 PM   #439
RogueDawg
A Murloc Raider
Yep. Just a bag icon on the bottom right. All my previous buttons/bars are nowhere to be found. Hope a bug fix happens soon.

01-20-09, 07:51 PM   #440
Exactly
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Dookl View Post
Same here.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!