03-18-06, 06:20 PM   #1
robodude666
A Cyclonian

Development Tool Needed: Switch Between UIs

Hello,

I am going to start making mods for WoW UI and I was wondering if someone can suggest a mod that will allow me to switch between UIs. I want to have one for development and one for playing. Basically what I want is a way for me to disable all mods other than the ones I am working on when I am in developer mode. When I select the UI for playing, I want to disable the mods I am working on, and enable the mods I use for playing.

I tried Cosmos and Khoas but they only work for if the mods are Khoas compatible (I mostly use Titan Panel stuff) and they don't show up in the Khoas menu.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
robodude666
Toriand on Zul'jin
03-18-06, 06:26 PM   #2
enitjus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

The easiest way to do this, would be to have a second character, that you just use for mod dev/testing, then enable which mods you want/ don't want with blizzards addon screen.

(Sidenote of this, is that a level 3 character, that few people know about, tends to lead to alot less distractions :P)
03-18-06, 06:34 PM   #3
robodude666
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by enitjus
The easiest way to do this, would be to have a second character, that you just use for mod dev/testing, then enable which mods you want/ don't want with blizzards addon screen.

(Sidenote of this, is that a level 3 character, that few people know about, tends to lead to alot less distractions :P)
Yea, I was thinking of doing that. And thank you for that sidenote I will keep that in mind for sure. But thats only true if you don't give anyone his/her name. If you have the char's name in a sceenshot, people on that server might bug you for bug fixes lmao.

Thank you for the fast reply! I posted this topic on Curse Gaming 8 hours ago and didn't get a reply!
03-18-06, 06:58 PM   #4
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I suggest one of the addon-loading mods like MCP or LoadIt. They let you disable/enable mods while logged in.

So you can be on your main working on a mod, then disable what you're working on when you finally get in a BG queue.
03-18-06, 07:06 PM   #5
robodude666
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Gello
I suggest one of the addon-loading mods like MCP or LoadIt. They let you disable/enable mods while logged in.

So you can be on your main working on a mod, then disable what you're working on when you finally get in a BG queue.
Hey,

Is MCP short for something? Because I couldn't find it in any database. I found LoadIt on Curse-Gaming. Will look into it in more detail later.

[edit]
If I understand correctly, you are able to make "profiles" with LoadIt... Which is EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! what I wanted! I love you sooooo much!!!!! OMG!!!!

/hug Gello
/kiss Gello
/salute Gello

[/edit]

[edit2]
I tried it out and when i switch between my play and dev profiles all of my bars get reset (because they get disabled and then renabled) I guess I can just make a backup of the layout-cache.txt file and paste it back after I am done dev for the day. Thanks a lot!
[edit2]
Thanks!
robodude666
Toriand on Zul'jin

Last edited by robodude666 : 03-18-06 at 10:51 PM.
03-19-06, 06:00 AM   #6
dafire
Premium Member
the url to continued loadit

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=3512
03-19-06, 08:50 AM   #7
robodude666
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by dafire

errr, no offense and i don't want to be mean, but read before you post. i already said in my post that i tried it out, meaning i already downloaded it and gave it a try.
03-19-06, 10:50 AM   #8
dafire
Premium Member
well I read your posts and there are two versions of loadit .. a old discontinued version and "loadit (continued)". I just wanted to point you and maybe others that are reading this thread and looking for similar tool to the url of the successor. If it was already linked in the thread forgive me .. I didn't saw it and I didn't know it was your private thread so I'm outta here now...

Last edited by dafire : 03-19-06 at 10:54 AM.
03-19-06, 10:57 AM   #9
robodude666
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by dafire
well I read your posts and there are two versions of loadit .. a old discontinued version and "loadit (continued)". I just wanted to point you and maybe others that are reading this thread and looking for similar tool to the url of the successor. If it was already linked in the thread forgive me .. I didn't saw it and I didn't know it was your private thread so I'm outta here now...

Sorry, I didn't mean it in that way. Now that I look at it, LoadIt is not in the WoWInterface download database and some people might not have found it on other sites so thank you for posting the link.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Development Tool Needed: Switch Between UIs