06-19-12, 07:22 PM   #1
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Macaroon Keybind Text

Somehow my keybinding text has moved up and above my buttones. I am not able to find any settings in macaroon to move it. Is there anything I can do to move the text in there?
06-19-12, 09:37 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you using a Masque skin? I thought skins could control the placement of keybind text? ...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-19-12, 11:08 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes, Seerah, they can. However, that option has to first be written into the skin Lua file, and it must be enabled (not commented out) in the .lua file.

There are no adjustments in the Masque options GUI for that, other than enabling whatever fonts are enabled in the skin. IE: The "Font Settings" option.

To change that setting you would have to manually edit the .lua file (in my case the CB.lua file) directly. You would have to change the "HotKey" "OffsetX = " and "OffsetY = " values.

Here are the relevant sections from my own Masque_ClassButtons plug-in:
Lua Code:
  1. HotKey = {
  2.         Width = 40,
  3.         Height = 10,
  4.     --  Font = [[Interface\AddOns\Masque_ClassButtons\CBFonts\Your Font Name Goes Here]],
  5.     --  FontSize = 12,
  6.     --  JustifyH = "CENTER",    --Available values are LEFT, CENTER, RIGHT--
  7.     --  JustifyV = "TOP",    --Available values are BOTTOM, MIDDLE, TOP--
  8.         OffsetX = -6,
  9.         OffsetY = -6,
  10.     },
  11.     Count = {
  12.         Width = 40,
  13.         Height = 10,
  14.     --  Color = {0, 0, 0, 0},
  15.     --  Font = [[Interface\AddOns\Masque_ClassButtons\CBFonts\Your Font Name Goes Here]],
  16.     --  FontSize = 12,
  17.     --  JustifyH = "CENTER",    --Available values are LEFT, CENTER, RIGHT--
  18.     --  JustifyV = "BOTTOM",    --Available values are BOTTOM, MIDDLE, TOP--
  19.         OffsetX = -6,
  20.         OffsetY = 4,
  21.     },
  22.     Name = {
  23.         Width = 40,
  24.         Height = 10,
  25.     --  Color = {0, 0, 0, 0},
  26.     --  Font = [[Interface\AddOns\Masque_ClassButtons\CBFonts\Your Font Name Goes Here]],
  27.     --  FontSize = 12,
  28.     --  JustifyH = "CENTER",    --Available values are LEFT, CENTER, RIGHT--
  29.     --  JustifyV = "BOTTOM",    --Available values are BOTTOM, MIDDLE, TOP--
  30.         OffsetX = 0,
  31.         OffsetY = 4,
  32.     },
  33.     Duration = {
  34.         Width = 40,
  35.         Height = 10,
  36.     --  Color = {0, 0, 0, 0},
  37.     --  Font = [[Interface\AddOns\Masque_ClassButtons\CBFonts\Your Font Name Goes Here]],
  38.     --  FontSize = 12,
  39.     --  JustifyH = "CENTER",    --Available values are LEFT, CENTER, RIGHT--
  40.     --  JustifyV = "MIDDLE",    --Available values are BOTTOM, MIDDLE, TOP--
  41.         OffsetX = 0,
  42.         OffsetY = -10,
(They're actually lines 67 through 128 and are defined in the Death Knight skin section)
As you can see I have quite a bit commented out in the release version. Those parts are not commented out in my personal copy, but, then again, I like the fonts I use and really don't feel the need to inflict my tastes on anyone else.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
06-20-12, 08:48 AM   #4
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Thumbs up

Aha! Thanks guys. That makes total sense now. I had just updated my skin files for masque and I'm thinking that is the culprit. Thanks for the input I will try this after work tonight and let you know how it worked out.
06-20-12, 08:21 PM   #5
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Thumbs up

Thanks for your help guys!

HotKey = {
Width = 0,
Height = 0,
OffsetX = 4,
OffsetY = -7,

You were right that was the spot I needed to fix on my skins. Everything is working well now. Thanks!!
06-21-12, 01:34 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
07-12-12, 10:48 PM   #7
StormFX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Sorry I got in here late, Elloria. I had left in some backwards-compatible code from when I changed how text layers were aligned to give skin authors a chance to catch up. That backwards-compatible code was (finally) removed in the latest release.

Previously, all text layers were aligned to the center, with their offsets being based on their centered position. Some time ago (like a year or so), I added the ability to use JustifyH/JustifyV in combination with the offsets to set the text positions. The layers now use their default (:SetPoint()) positions and skin authors can position the text itself (via Justify), rather than the layer.

Edit: In regards to the Font option that Jeffy mentioned (and is shown in his skin), that option has been removed. At a later date, I hope to implement an optional font module that will utilize SharedMedia and allow users to actually customize the fonts and font attributes.

Last edited by StormFX : 07-12-12 at 10:51 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Macaroon Keybind Text