11-03-13, 01:32 AM   #1
Ratman1231
A Defias Bandit
Need help with nUI

Hello,

I have been using nUI for years, and in the past week, it has been crashing on me consistently. The HUD bars disappeared, the lower info panel is all black; no Mini Map in the center and no character info present. Additionally, the Quest Log is on the Right side of the screen and the original WoW minimap is in the upper right corner. I get ther following error message:

Message: Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:436: attempt to index local 'skin' (a nil value)
Time: 11/02/13 23:16:05
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:436: in function `applySkin'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:299: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:138>

Locals: skin = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index local 'skin' (a nil value)"
frame = nUI_InfoPanelSelector {
applyOptions = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:356
yOfs = 0
applyAnchor = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:289
xOfs = 0
scale = 1
text = nUI_InfoPanelSelector_Label {
}
Panels = <table> {
}
relative_pt = "CENTER"
relative_to = "nUI_Dashboard"
applySkin = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:429
anchor_pt = "CENTER"
applyScale = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:250
button = nUI_InfoPanelSelector_Button {
}
anchor = <table> {
}
0 = <userdata>
Labels = <table> {
}
}
background = nUI_InfoPanelBackground {
0 = <userdata>
}
CreateFrame = <function> defined =[C]:-1
SortPanelList = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:118

Any Ideas???

11-03-13, 09:27 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is that definitely the only message you get as that tends to follow on from another one that is the real cause of the problem, like the one that was fixed when found after 5.4.1 came out.

If that is the only error message then, are there any other addons including nUI plugins installed ? If so turn them off and have just nUI running. Preferably the latest one so we are all pretty much on the same page, including the fix for the error I mentioned above which you should find a link to on the many 5.4.1 bug posts.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Need help with nUI