10-14-10, 02:07 PM   #1
Celtic Trader
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up Carbonite...Something Special this way comes...

This might be a slightly rambling post, but I think everyone should consider a few things just to ponder.

I'm not a new person to games, however, I'm also not a hardcore gamer. I enjoy games for an escape and/or just for something fun to do. So when/if I choose a game there's something that appealed to me. My first game was Half-Life played on a Windows 95 machine with a 14.4 baud modem. Talk about lag...big time. My first bliz game was Diablo II, and the problems I remember with battle net then were terrible. Going through all the "we'll let you, on second though no we won't" with respect to addons was again...terrible. This brings me up to WoW. I've only been playing WoW for almost a year. I don't get a lot of time to play but I enjoy it!

I've seen some of the comments that have been made that if Carbonite didn't update they'd quit the game. And I agree...Playing without Carbonite is difficult using what passes for a Mapping system within WoW. Carbonite and the two authors have done something that WoW should have done from the start...but failed to do. I have a great deal of respect for people that work on something because they love it...have a passion for it and just plain out want to help a community that can, at times, be very demanding and sometimes down right rude when things go wrong.

As Faatal stated, this patch caught everyone completely off guard. But the way in which it has been handled puts even the most seasoned PR professional to shame in a good way! Faatal handled it with grace, honor and integrity with a realistic flare that makes it endearing to the community as a whole.

All I can say is keep up the great work for the passions you two (Faatal and Haavok) have for the game, its community and your families. I'm willing to wait until you have time to finish the upgrades...and I'm sure that it'll be the same quality work that's been happening all along!

warmest regards,
Celtic Trader

10-14-10, 02:18 PM   #2
WhaleTune
A Murloc Raider

Nothing is FREE which is of any value! :)

This was a class act letter about a team which I agree has done an outstanding job with creating Carbonite.

More importantly, donate to these two authors so they are inspired to put all the updates and other bells and whistles into their product for the upcoming Cataclysm.

Enough of the selfish and crude negative comments; this project was created to aid all of us with an enhanced game play in WoW.

Great job guys...keep up the good works!

10-14-10, 03:47 PM   #3
Celtic Trader
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by WhaleTune View Post
This was a class act letter about a team which I agree has done an outstanding job with creating Carbonite.

More importantly, donate to these two authors so they are inspired to put all the updates and other bells and whistles into their product for the upcoming Cataclysm.

Enough of the selfish and crude negative comments; this project was created to aid all of us with an enhanced game play in WoW.

Great job guys...keep up the good works!

Agreed! Donate!

Celtic Trader

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite...Something Special this way comes...