09-27-09, 11:22 AM   #1
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Move bars, targets, etc.

With this recent patches I am getting a Lua Error when I try things on in the AH. I have disable all addons and re-enabled one at a time. The error is being caused by MoveAnything. The addon has not been updated since November 2008 and has not caused any problem until now.

Can anyone suggest another addon that allows me to rearrange the screen layout.
09-27-09, 11:26 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Give FluidFrames a try.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-27-09, 11:29 AM   #3
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thank you. I will do that.
09-27-09, 07:36 PM   #4
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

How do I put the Mini Map back together?

I managed it, but this might not be quite what I was looking for. Perhaps something a bit more "old lady friendly".
09-27-09, 07:40 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What do you mean by "back together"?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-27-09, 08:02 PM   #6
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Trying to learn to use the addon. Moved the mini map. Tried resizing the clock button on it and then went to move the mini map again. All that moved was the gold frame. When I put it back on top of the mini map circle all the buttons on the outer circle were under the frame. (Not sure if that makes sense but is the best I can do to describe it)
09-27-09, 08:04 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ah. Well, I hear that you got it all worked out.

If what you're wanting to do is move the minimap and have a larger clock, you could check out PocketPlot.

09-27-09, 08:13 PM   #8
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Oh gosh. I didn't make it clear that I had things back the way they should be. Sorry.

I actually went back to MoveAnything for now since I move alot of things around the screen.

Thanks for your help.
09-27-09, 11:40 PM   #9
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For future reference or for anyone else reading this with similar issues while using fluid frames. Select the frame you want to put back to normal then right click it and it goes back to default position. There is also an option to reset all frames if needed.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
09-28-09, 12:13 AM   #10
Trond
A Cliff Giant

Also theres an updated version of Move Anything for 3.2 right here on this site
09-28-09, 07:48 AM   #11
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I have that version and I still get the error.

Details. Lvl 1 Bank toon. Go to AH. Display on character is turned on. Click on an item of armour and I get the following message:

Message: ...ddOns\Blizzard_AuctionUI\Blizzard_AuctionDressUp.lua:26: attempt to index field 'AuctionFrame' (a nil value)
Time: 09/28/09 09:40:31
Count: 1
Stack: [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:18: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:4>
[C]: ?
...ddOns\Blizzard_AuctionUI\Blizzard_AuctionDressUp.lua:26: in function <...ddOns\Blizzard_AuctionUI\Blizzard_AuctionDressUp.lua:25>
[C]: in function `Show'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1937: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1932>
[C]: in function `ShowUIPanel'
...ddOns\Blizzard_AuctionUI\Blizzard_AuctionDressUp.lua:10: in function `DressUpItemLink'
...ace\AddOns\Blizzard_AuctionUI\Blizzard_AuctionUI.lua:385: in function `BrowseButton_OnClick'
[string "*:OnClick"]:4: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'AuctionFrame' (a nil value)"

The only addon I had turned on when I copied this message was MoveAnything.

I can live with the error if this is the only time it happens I just thought there might be another easy to use addon to replace MoveAnything.
09-28-09, 08:20 AM   #12
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Do you get that error without any AddOns active? I don't see any reference to MoveAnything in that error message.
09-28-09, 08:25 AM   #13
zero-kill
A Firelord

Are you ctrl+clicking (i.e. bring up the dresser frame) when selecting the item?
09-28-09, 08:28 AM   #14
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
Are you ctrl+clicking (i.e. bring up the dresser frame) when selecting the item?
Originally Posted by LittleWhiteDove View Post
Details. Lvl 1 Bank toon. Go to AH. Display on character is turned on. Click on an item of armour and I get the following message: <snippet removed>
She has the checkbox to automatically display the item on herself on. So she is just clicking on an item without any modifier key(control, shift, alt).

Iirc, I have gotten that error message before also.
09-28-09, 08:53 AM   #15
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
Do you get that error without any AddOns active? I don't see any reference to MoveAnything in that error message.
I realize that there is no reference to MoveAnything in the error. That is why it took me so long to figure out where it came from. I have tried turning on each of my addons individually and checking them. I get the error message when the only addon I have active is MoveAnything. I get the same erro message when I have other addons turned on along with MOveAnything. I do not get it when I turn off MoveAnything. I do not get the message when I have any or all of my other addons turned on.

Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
Using the check box on the AH frame not the <ctrl><click>. However I just logged in and tried the <ctrl><click> option and I do not get the error when I am out of the AH but do get it when I am viewing items in the AH window.

This is turning out to be alot of posts for something that is really relatively a minor problem. lol - Relatively minor to someone who know nothing about programing but I am sure there are some addon authors out there that will find this a real challenge to solve. In the meantime I just won't use the try on feature in the AH and unless any other problems surface I will keep on using MoveAnything.

Last edited by LittleWhiteDove : 09-28-09 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Correct spelling mistakes - hope I got them all.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Move bars, targets, etc.