03-31-10, 04:06 PM   #1
cyankee
A Murloc Raider
Question Getting error when I load up Carbonite.

Cannot pinpoint when this started as I had been away from WoW for a few weeks. The error count keeps going up, as swatter shows the infinity symbol right now. If I disable everything possible and load up only Carbonite, I still get the same error.

Also other problems occur at the same time.

In the Wow Minimap (I have not combined the one from Carbonite) the pointer is just agreen box and so it the icon on the ring of the minimap.

Quests do not show up in the quest list. Selecting any options from the carbonite gui are also missing or just not seen. One major change is the following. I recently switch from Win XP to Win 7. I just thought of this while typing this message. Could the fact that I am now running Win7 (64bit upgrade version) and did not reinstall WoW be part of the issue? Going to attempt that now and reinstall WoW. But if you think there might be anything else I need to check into, that would be great.

Date: 2010-03-31 17:02:21
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Minimap:SetBlipTexture(): Couldn't load the file ..\AddOns\Carbonite\Gfx\Map\MMOIcons
Debug:
[C]: ?
[C]: SetBlipTexture()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:6954: F()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:19618: OnU()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:25632: NXOnUpdate()
[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1:
[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1

Last edited by cyankee : 03-31-10 at 04:10 PM.

03-31-10, 05:01 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I run WoW on Win7 64 bit also. I reinstalled WoW using the copy/paste method also I have no issues so far and it's been several months.

My best guess is that you may have an outdated version or a missing file in your Carb folders. I would recommend reinstalling Carb and see what happens.

03-31-10, 05:34 PM   #3
cyankee
A Murloc Raider
I thought I had mentioned I had done that already, but looks like I didn't. So, yes a new version of carbonite was downloaded and installed. Not sure what else is going on.

03-31-10, 08:47 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I just did a search for MMOIcons in the Carb forums only. There's a couple threads with users having the same issue. The resolution for all of them was to delete the Carb addons folders and reinstall. If you had only unzipped over the original Carb folders it may have fubar'd the install.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...light=MMOIcons

04-05-10, 11:02 AM   #5
cyankee
A Murloc Raider
Smile Problem Solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That worked for me. I killed all the directories and reinstalled fresh. Even wrote a dirty little bat file to do it for me. Removes the Carbonite Directories and reinstalls into the game directory.

BTW, I do a custom install as I have two accounts. I have them separated by account names. That is why the path looks different. If you use the default, then edit this for that default path.
In case anyone want to do the same thing. Here is the .bat file, just remember that you will have to edit for your needs.

@Echo Off
RD /S /Q "<Drive Letter>:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\<ACCOUNT NAME>\Interface\addons\Carbonite"
RD /S /Q "<Drive Letter>:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\<ACCOUNT NAME>\Interface\addons\CarboniteItems"
RD /S /Q "<Drive Letter>:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\<ACCOUNT NAME>\Interface\addons\CarboniteNodes"
RD /S /Q "<Drive Letter>:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\<ACCOUNT NAME>\Interface\addons\CarboniteTransfer"
Echo Carbonite removed from <ACCOUNT NAME>
Echo Installing New Files to <ACCOUNT NAME>
XCOPY "<Drive Letter>:\Wow Downloads\Carboniteaddon\Carbonite Files\*.*" "<Drive Letter>:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\<ACCOUNT NAME>\Interface\addons" /E /V /Y /Q /I

For the RD commands (RD = Remove Directory) the /S Removes all directories and files including the directory itself. /Q is silent mode.

For the XCOPY Command
The /E command will copy directories and sub directories including empty ones (Ok, likely NOT needed, but you never know)
/V command verifies the size of the file (again, just in case to avoide future problems)
/Y Confirm prompt for each file suppressed.
/Q Does NOT display file names as it copies
/I If the destination does not exist and copying more then one file, assumes that destination must be a directory.

Quick and simple and free to use and modify as you see fit.

04-07-10, 07:12 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by cyankee View Post
BTW, I do a custom install as I have two accounts. I have them separated by account names. That is why the path looks different.
I'm curious. Do you have two completely separate installations of World of Warcraft? I only ask because I also have two separate WoW accounts on my computer, yet there is no need for a "custom" installation. There are simply two different account folders in my WTF folder, and, as far as I can tell, they use the same "AddOns" folder since I can't find another one anywhere in my WoW folder. Until I installed MMOUIMinion, I used to download the file, unzip it to the "AddOns" folder, "Overwrite all" and go play WoW. With MMOUIMinion, I don't have to worry about anything except hitting the "Update" button when one of WoWI's addons is updated. I believe it deletes the relevant files, and installs the updated ones in their place.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Getting error when I load up Carbonite.