11-24-10, 11:34 AM   #41
chonl
A Murloc Raider
First, this is the best WoW addon out there! Thank you so much for your efforts and quick responses to problems. You guys rock and I have donated to the cause because of your outstanding efforts.

I just wanted to add that I too do not see quest givers on the map and was curious if that is a problem with just my setup or a known issue? Will this be fixed with the released that updates the database?

11-24-10, 11:52 AM   #42
xKahox
A Defias Bandit

yeah would agree best addon ^^
i just use it since iam playing wow ^^
hopeing u to make it fast aviable for german clients too
need it ^^

11-24-10, 11:55 AM   #43
Paprika
A Black Drake
May anyone have a look at this thread please:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ewpost&t=36987

11-24-10, 12:26 PM   #44
Carnita
A Defias Bandit
Gratitude

Thanks for giving so much of your time to this! I really appreciate your diligent efforts to keep abreast of the changes. It's the best $50. I've ever donated Happy Thanksgiving!

11-24-10, 12:26 PM   #45
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by anticlimax View Post
Any chance there will be a workaround for the automatic handin that blizzard have introduced? As it stands, every time I have a quest that can be automatically handed in upon completion, I'm having to log out, disable carbonite, log back in, click to complete the quest, then log back out and enable carbonite again. I know this is only a beta but I was wondering if there was something in the pipeline to address this issue at all?

Thanks for the best WoW addon ever created btw
I need one to test. Low level hopefully. Can you name a few quests that do this?

11-24-10, 12:39 PM   #46
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by chonl View Post
First, this is the best WoW addon out there! Thank you so much for your efforts and quick responses to problems. You guys rock and I have donated to the cause because of your outstanding efforts.
Thanks! It has been a huge amount of time to make all the changes needed for Cataclysm.

Originally Posted by chonl View Post
I just wanted to add that I too do not see quest givers on the map and was curious if that is a problem with just my setup or a known issue? Will this be fixed with the released that updates the database?
The quest data base in the current beta versions is empty, so Carbonite is using Blizzard's data, which ends up appearing as a point. We nuked all data in our database and as we collect new data from our files and users files, we will repopulate the database. We wanted a clean start since a large amount of quests have changed, been deleted or are new. Quest starters are part of our data that will reappear as we get new data.

The same goes for POI data. Haavok nuked much of it. He has already added every flight master location and will be adding more data this week.

I deleted all Kalimdor and EK gather nodes from CarboniteNodes today and made the 106 beta version delete that data from users. These will be added back as I get user files with new gather locations.

How to submit data:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21607

11-24-10, 12:45 PM   #47
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Non English clients appear to be missing map names, that were apparently not converted by a program of mine. The non English names came from Cataclysm beta game files. I'm updating my WoW EU install now and this is the first thing I will be fixing today.

11-24-10, 12:53 PM   #48
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by sheriffia View Post
Russian client - does not work In chat there was a message about missing map Ан'Кираж: Павшее Королевство (1 2) (means "Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom") and 3 errors. Any advice please...
I did not update the Russian map names. Those names were provided by a user. My Cataclysm beta install did not have Russian localized data, but I'll look at the EU install after it is done updating and see if I have them now.

11-24-10, 12:56 PM   #49
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by khoinoor View Post
Hello, dunno if is intended to work this way, but as suggested at top of this thread I have typed the "/carb unitd" command and now every time I move cursor over an npc or player, the ID of that unit is reported also on my chat log making a lot of spamming when I am in orgri or major cityes. How can I keep those ID stamps iden from chat?
They were there for testing, so Haavok and I could see it working. I suppose I could move it to the event window. It was added for Haavok, so I'll have to see what he wants.

11-24-10, 12:57 PM   #50
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Shamateur View Post
how do you turn OFF the /carb unitD command?
It is a toggle, so type it again to disable.

11-24-10, 01:07 PM   #51
williamb
A Murloc Raider
pb with beta version

I install the beta version but i cant see the map and the quest bar.

11-24-10, 01:32 PM   #52
mrboof88
A Kobold Labourer
Beta Error

I installed the beta then got an error when loading my UI and Wow crashed... So I uninstalled and I still cannot load my UI...

The error is extremely long so I dont want to post it...

Plz Help

11-24-10, 01:45 PM   #53
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
4.0.3a + Carb 4.030106 + No addons = error

Prior to the 4.0.3a patch I was happily using Carb 4.012 with very few issues (v4.013 wouldn't load). Since patch + upg to 4.030106 I get the following with no addons enabled:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:8369: attempt to index field 'E' (a nil value)
Time: 11/24/10 17:38:24
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:8369: in function `DOE'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:16887: in function `InC1'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:17215: in function `InG'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:6584: in function `h'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1449: in function `NXOnEvent'
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

Hope this is useful.

P.S. Had a look into carbonite.lua thinking it looked like a simple problem .... OMG how do you guys get your heads round this stuff? And over 26000 lines of code!!! Happy to wait for a solution.

P.P.S. Have now tried 4.030105 and Carbonite simply doesn't load at all, no errors given (same as with 4.013).

Last edited by TrotskyIcepick : 11-24-10 at 02:02 PM.

11-24-10, 02:29 PM   #54
revial
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I need one to test. Low level hopefully. Can you name a few quests that do this?
Terrible Little Creatures - Level 24ish quest started by attacking Mudsnot Gnoll/Shaman in Hillsbrad (where you'd go gather Mudsnot Blossoms pre-shattering).

I just finished this one so that's the only one I can remember the name of. There are numerous others though. As someone else said, my current workaround whenever it seems I can't find someone to turn a quest into is to disable Carbonite using the Addon Controll Panel addon, /reloadui, go into the Blizzard quest log and click "Complete Quest", then re-enable Carbonite and /reloadui again.

Be great to see this fixed soon. I can deal with an incomplete quest DB, but the constant /reloadui is a bother.

Thanks for your great work.

11-24-10, 03:02 PM   #55
hawkblade207
A Kobold Labourer
Hey! Just wanna say that I've been using Carbonite since I started playing, and I'm loving it! But I do have a bug to report.

For each quest that I pick up, all there is is a dot on the map (like for when you have to kill one person that doesn't move). This is happening for ALL of my quests, including quests like "Kill something X amount of times". It's not a major one, but it does get annoying. No errors or anything for it as far as I can tell.

11-24-10, 03:16 PM   #56
TrotskyIcepick
OK, done a repair of wow, gone back up to 4.030106 and disabled items, nodes and transfer modules....so now literally loading only base Carbonite module....not even loading ACP, and initially carb does not load, after a reloadui it throws up the error I posted before.

I don't understand this at all, just about everyone else in this thread gets errors during quests or whatever, so at least Carbonite is loading for them.

Have I missed a post somewhere?

11-24-10, 03:36 PM   #57
Vàhla
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
There is another that starts in thousand needles. It is part of a small chain to get to the actual quest. The quest line is as follows.

The Grimtotem are Coming (You can start here in the northern part thousand needles)
Two If By Boat
Do Me a Favor?
Down in the Deeps
Pirate Accuracy Increasing (This is the actual quest that leads to having to accept the quest while out on the boat and start the next)
Circle the Wagons... er, Boats (Once accepted this is the next quest)

Then after this you return to the actual quest giver, hope this helps, will try to go out on a character and get a screen of what it looks like..

it is level 38-40 quest..

Last edited by Vàhla : 11-24-10 at 03:37 PM. Reason: info

11-24-10, 03:38 PM   #58
Twest
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by anticlimax View Post
Any chance there will be a workaround for the automatic handin that blizzard have introduced? As it stands, every time I have a quest that can be automatically handed in upon completion, I'm having to log out, disable carbonite, log back in, click to complete the quest, then log back out and enable carbonite again. I know this is only a beta but I was wondering if there was something in the pipeline to address this issue at all?

Thanks for the best WoW addon ever created btw
A great AddOn I use for this is called LoadIt, and you can find it here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/loadit.aspx

It will allow you to load most AddOns dynamically, or by simply clicking the check box next to the addon, and doing a UI reload by clicking a button at the top.

11-24-10, 03:49 PM   #59
shponarsky
A Murloc Raider
carboniteaddon
I am using ruRU version of client, and for me Carbonite is not working. Can I help you with any, for quickly progress with ruRU client?

11-24-10, 04:08 PM   #60
TrotskyIcepick
OK for now it appears I "might" have a problem where the 4.03a patch has not downloaded / applied properly. Going through processes described in Blizz techsupp forum to resolve this.

Will post back if this makes any difference (or not).

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 4.030xxx Beta (Old. Use 4.032)