09-03-12, 06:06 AM   #1
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The Rythal thank you thread

The other thread was getting cluttered with all the thank you notes to Rythal mixed in with the updates and user requests, so I've made this thread to tidy things up a bit.

Even if you have posted in the "Carbonite 5.0.4" thread, please post here so that the developers of Carbonite can see how much we love Carbonite and how much we all appreciate the work Rythal has done with his fan update (if/when they return)

As it's my thread I'll go first

Thank you Rythal for the work you have done updating this already awesome add-on for use with 5.0.4
I was completely lost when the patch hit and Carbonite stopped working. I rely on it so much.
I recommend Carbonite to everyone who asks what add-ons I use all the time and without Rythal's update I fear I would have had to abandon this add-on and gone in search of a replacement.

So once again THANK YOU Rythal!!

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 09-03-12 at 06:13 AM.

09-03-12, 06:54 AM   #2
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Just a great big THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

Additional 'thank you's for the the extra work you did.

Last edited by Meganbtoo : 09-10-12 at 11:04 AM.

09-03-12, 06:55 AM   #3
sinclsw007
A Defias Bandit
Adding my thanks, and I have also donated to the original authors hoping they are coming back to support it.

09-03-12, 07:22 AM   #4
Mytzi44
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks!

I've been reading these forums for years but never registered until now! Just wanted to say thanks to Rythal for all his hard work. I love carbonite and cant imagine playing wow without it! You the bestest!

09-03-12, 08:10 AM   #5
CougarKharne
A Murloc Raider

Like so many others I just like to say thankyou RYTHAL. What you have done is great for all who love using CARBONITE. Let us just hope the oficial moderators get in touch soon so we all know what is going to happen with the program. I have loaded your update. so far no problems.

09-03-12, 08:22 AM   #6
jon2438
A Kobold Labourer
Talking thank you so very much

I was totally lost with out my carbonite ty very much for ur hard work at making it work again. its nice that there is someone out there willing to put there own time in to getting the best addon to work for this new update. ty again for the patch. u the best lol.

09-03-12, 08:28 AM   #7
Diemonik
A Defias Bandit
Thanks Rythal

Thanks a mil for your hard work!!!

09-03-12, 08:38 AM   #8
f03809
A Murloc Raider
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A Big THANK YOU!

thanks Rythal!! Carbonite does so much it would be very difficult to replace it. World of Warcraft just wouldn't be the same with out it! THANKS Rythal!!

09-03-12, 08:43 AM   #9
balingar
A Kobold Labourer
Awesome job, Thanks!!!

09-03-12, 08:46 AM   #10
NorCal
A Kobold Labourer

Love&Hugs

Who knew I was so dependent. Thank you Rythal!

09-03-12, 09:06 AM   #11
kalarel
A Murloc Raider
Rythal, sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you for doing this!

09-03-12, 09:25 AM   #12
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
Thanks Rythal!

09-03-12, 09:35 AM   #13
Apsk
A Kobold Labourer
Even thouth I don't quest that much anymore, I completely forgot about how dependant of the minimap I am. Thanks for bringing it back Rythal!

09-03-12, 10:20 AM   #14
Juderix
A Murloc Raider
I've been reading these forums for years but never registered until when 5.0.4 launched and Carbonite was broken! I Just wanted to say thanks to Rythal for all the hard work in keeping our indispensable Carbonite up to date . I love carbonite and cant imagine playing wow without it!

09-03-12, 10:32 AM   #15
Smurfdaddy
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up Thanks Rythal!

As a LOOONNNG time Wow and Carbonite user, I too would like to offer my thanks for your efforts. I know the effort it takes to jump into someone elses code (particularly the carbonite code) and make sense of it. Bravo!!

on another note ... IF you do end up taking over the project, please feel free to call on me if you need additional help on updating the project. It would be nice to see it take on a cleaner more OO look and feel.

Again .. THANKS!

09-03-12, 11:32 AM   #16
cowboy88340
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Talking Thank you

thank you this is got to be my most favorite add-on that i have and if you did not do the fan up date i would have to learn how to cod thank you very much i might steel learn how to cod LUI so i can help

09-03-12, 11:41 AM   #17
Serra44
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I too, registered here after 6 years especially to say

THANK YOU

to Rythal.

Already sent you an e-mail as well sir, but want to state here again how grateful I am that you invest your time in this for the benefit of all us Carbonite-addicts!
I also greatly respect the way you have gone about this and how you credit and respect the original devs however you can. I'm not sure they deserve it, but you are a big man for doing it the way you do.

Also thank you very much for listening to our questions, bug reports and suggestions and taking action on them so promptly. I hope some day soon you'll get all the credit you deserve. Until then you'll have to make do with my heartfelt 'Thank you'!

(p.s. if I wasn't married already I'd be hunting you down! )

09-03-12, 12:09 PM   #18
sachsofon
A Kobold Labourer
Awesome job, Thanks!!!

09-03-12, 12:22 PM   #19
Iddry
A Kobold Labourer
Big thanks from me, didn't realise how much I depended on it till it was gone Thanks

09-03-12, 12:35 PM   #20
motomadness
A Kobold Labourer
Rythal's Fix

Did this "fix" work for your carbonite? Mine is still messed up. How do I fix it? I mis
s you Carbonite

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » The Rythal thank you thread