10-14-10, 04:51 PM   #101
Celtic Trader
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Would you rather I lie? I could easily tell you we know everything, have been working hard for months and it will be done any second. I'm a Christian and I hate lies and distortion. I run my businesses with integrity.

We have said we will do what we can to get it working for Cataclysm. We did not know about 4.0 patch, because Haavok and I have not played WoW or been on WoW websites for many weeks. My son plays WoW, but is 9 and does not read websites. I know a patch is out when he tells me.

We have full time jobs and lives and knew Cataclysm was on Dec 7, which was our target date. I put my current iPhone project on hold to deal with the patch 4.0 problems, because we don't like Carbonite broken either.

Faatal,

Please don't let them get to you. There are a lot of people out here that respect you and know that you're doing all you can with this. Those ungreatful few make the rest of us look bad. Don't lose your passion for everything you've accomplished up to now just because of a few people being unhappy.

With respect,
Celtic Trader

10-14-10, 04:54 PM   #102
DarthEspa
A Murloc Raider
Would you rather I lie? I could easily tell you we know everything, have been working hard for months and it will be done any second. I'm a Christian and I hate lies and distortion. I run my businesses with integrity.

We have said we will do what we can to get it working for Cataclysm. We did not know about 4.0 patch, because Haavok and I have not played WoW or been on WoW websites for many weeks. My son plays WoW, but is 9 and does not read websites. I know a patch is out when he tells me.

We have full time jobs and lives and knew Cataclysm was on Dec 7, which was our target date. I put my current iPhone project on hold to deal with the patch 4.0 problems, because we don't like Carbonite broken either.
Thanks a million for your dedication to the greatest addon in existence, Faatal.

To all the criers: Please cancel your subscription to life.

10-14-10, 05:00 PM   #103
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by shadowdragonjpi View Post
One problem, the 4.0 patch has been advertised now for the last three weeks. Everyone knew it was coming, except for this place I guess. I have donated in the past, but will wait to see if we get an update soon before I donate again.
Originally Posted by staestc View Post
Want to chime in with Shadowdragon. I am one of the folks that bought Carbonite before that practice was stopped. And have donated since then. I had a lot of addons crash with this patch, as they always do, but 90% of them have been corrected.

Needing donations I understand, and I do donate to extent I can. But the developer not paying attention to what is happening to your program and to the game it serves, not to mention to the people that have been donating money, is not very easily excused.

Honestly, if you are not paying enough attention to WoW to know that Cataclysm is hitting the streets on December 7, and that there was going to be a 4.0.1 patch to set the stages for that, how can you in good conscience keep asking for donations?

Personally I am a little pissed at having bought the program and donated money, and not even being able to figure out if anybody is working on it, and then seeing a post that said, oh sorry, we did not know, we did not care about anything other than that the donations were still coming in!
Originally Posted by aessedai View Post
Hey Flamefangahs : Whaaaa! I have a family and a job too. That isn't an excuse for holding a hand out for donations for a product that is not made available. No one is disputing that Carbonite wasn't the best at what it did. The key word now though is "was." Until it is working again your excuses about the authors being two people with families isn't going to get me to click the donate button that is still alive and functional.

WoW 4.0.1 has been in beta for quite a while. There has been plenty of time for the authors to tag team on this project and test it, just like the authors of other addons who also have families, but still got their addons out there on patch day without any excuses or claims of being blind sided by a patch that even my dog knew was coming.

So now we hear from one of the authors that he may have a beta out today, if that can be believed, then how is it possible to get a beta out in one day, but family life has kept two people from making any progress for the last 6 months?

Stop making excuses. Fact : Carbonite doesn't work now.

Time to find something else. If Carbonite does get updated, then great, because it "was" the best addon of its class and worthy of donations if it is supported.

The question now is whether or not the authors consider it worthwhile to support. Either they will support it and not make any excuses in which case they can expect donations, which in turn will make family life even better, especially come Christmas time, or they won't support it, won't get donations, and will spend all of their quality time sitting around the fireplace with the family saying to themselves, "hmmmmm, sitting with the family sure is nice. Group hug guys. I wonder how things are going in Azeroth these days?"
I really feel like doing something violent involving reaching through my monitor right now...
But instead I will just say, "The Three Stooges have returned, ladies and gentlemen. And they are Trolls! Let's give them a big hand! They'll be here all week! Two shows on Sunday!"

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-14-10, 05:00 PM   #104
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That isn't an excuse for holding a hand out for donations for a product that is not made available.
The donation button was there. The product was there and worked. Patch breaks it. We should then remove the button?

Many people would like to donate to encourage us to work on it more (which does work). Some people donate because they have been using it for weeks, months or years and have not given much if any previously and want to for their past use of Carbonite. Some donate after a new version is released. Before or after does not matter to us. You choose. As long as we stay, the button stays.

10-14-10, 05:03 PM   #105
aessedai
An Aku'mai Servant

Sounds fantastic and I hope you get it working ASAP! And actually I for one don't want to hear anything but the truth and can understand that things can happen to upset the apple cart now and then. I truely believe that your intention is to run your business with integrity and Carbonite has been my second favorite addon of all time, second only to nUI and only scantly second. I would hate living without either to be honest. The only suggestion I would have to help increase the apparent integrity to match the intended integrity is to keep on the lookout for patches whether you play or not. Patches wreak havok on all of us. I don't have the programming skills to do what you do and I tend to get really frustrated when things break that I can't fix.

I am sitting with 4 other friends right now who have all decided that Carbonite, if working well, is worth making a donation for. We're just mutually concerned about the prospect of value vs. risk. We know Carbonite's value to us, but do we risk banging our heads on the desk every time Blizzard throws up a patch with less than 6 months advanced warning?

10-14-10, 05:06 PM   #106
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Celtic Trader View Post
Please don't let them get to you. There are a lot of people out here that respect you and know that you're doing all you can with this. Those ungreatful few make the rest of us look bad. Don't lose your passion for everything you've accomplished up to now just because of a few people being unhappy.
I'm thick skinned.

If someone says you won't/can't/never with do something I tend to say
"Oh ya punk, watch this!".

News:
Fixed more map errors, edit box errors and tested map notes.

10-14-10, 05:11 PM   #107
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

We're just mutually concerned about the prospect of value vs. risk.
In that case I would just donate after I got a new version and tested it and saw that it was good.

10-14-10, 05:13 PM   #108
jds061980
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Man

Thanks again for your hard work. I hope you know that there are those of us that really appreciate your work. Without your addon WoW is just not the same. Thank you for trying to get it up and running. I have been to your website at different times all day to see if it has been posted. Please don't listen to any of the pricks posting "oh they should have known and had it all ready"

Again thanks for all of your efforts to make one of our favorite games even better.

10-14-10, 05:13 PM   #109
stemol33t
A Kobold Labourer
I love your product, and thanks for all the hard work that you've put into it. You really don't notice which things you really rely on until they aren't there and this was one of them. After reading through these posts it really shows that you care about the product and your customers. So I while I know you cannot charge people for it, you developers definitely deserves a donation from all the people that use it constantly on WoW. My donations in and I'm looking forward to the fixes whenever they're ready. Thanks a lot.

10-14-10, 05:13 PM   #110
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Thank you for your hard work Faatal... do you possibly have an ETA as to when it will be available to us? It has taken me an hour to do 3 quests, lol... I'm lost without Carbonite

10-14-10, 05:14 PM   #111
terli
A Defias Bandit
Great news to see that the new version is coming
Sorry for asking, but is there an ETA yet? Thanks for this awesome addon. I wouldn't have played WoW for this long if it wasn't for this addon (I assume that goes for most of us )

10-14-10, 05:18 PM   #112
Kladdey
A Defias Bandit
In that case I would just donate after I got a new version and tested it and saw that it was good.
Preferred to donate all i can now, and more when i get my hands on paycheck

10-14-10, 05:23 PM   #113
Mossclaw
Premium Member
Premium Member
This is a reoccurring problem. You create something, release it into the world.. and then you hear back from the people that make up your target audience.. and take up drinking. :D

I swear from what I've read, creating a WoW addon and maintaining it has to be up there with putting knitting needles into your eyes.

To the posters that are upset: while I can totally relate to the initial cries of woe upon logging in and finding the Carbonite cupboard bare - I cannot understand or condone the transformation of this upset into anger towards individuals that are contributing a free service.

I look forward to downloading the update when it's ready. Thank you very much.

10-14-10, 05:23 PM   #114
beltaindragon
A Kobold Labourer
Smile

We have said we will do what we can to get it working for Cataclysm. We did not know about 4.0 patch, because Haavok and I have not played WoW or been on WoW websites for many weeks. My son plays WoW, but is 9 and does not read websites. I know a patch is out when he tells me. :eek:

Here is the way i see it, look the dev team of carbonite obviously bust thier asses to provide you with an excellent service. And i commend you sir on being truthful and honest. It is good to see that their are still a few people out thare that run their business based on truth and gain loyalty from the faithful through hard work and dedication.

I am a rather new user to carbonite a friend told me about when i came back to wow after a 3 year break. I must admit it is a very helpful tool and helped me to level my hunter from 70 to 80. And yes you heard me my hunter was in mothballs before Lich King Exp cam out so i was at 70 upon taking a break. So thank you to all at corbonite addons that work to put together this quality addon.

And to all you haters out there.....see you in the hate mail section.

10-14-10, 05:25 PM   #115
aessedai
An Aku'mai Servant
Sorry for the negativity

I really do love Carbonite! And I will admit that having pretty much all of my critical addons ready to go the day of or day after patch day except for one of only two I can't live without, Carbonite, I was extremely disappointed.

Pretty much it just boils down to the fact that sometimes, I'm just an angry elf. I usually get over it quick though.

If anything, please take my negativity as a compliment to how critically we all rely on your work! If Carbonite wasn't so great, then I would look at it with the same "oh well" attitude I have at losing some other addons that don't mean as much to me.

So, I just want to apologize and let you get crackin'!

10-14-10, 05:26 PM   #116
Celtic Trader
A Murloc Raider
I'm thick skinned.

If someone says you won't/can't/never with do something I tend to say
"Oh ya punk, watch this!".

News:
Fixed more map errors, edit box errors and tested map notes.
lol, I'm quite sure that it is this "push forward" attitude that continues to give you the honor and integrity, as well as, the tenacious ability to continue to be a really good coder/programmer! no matter what the adversity might be in the background.

Pax Vobiscum,
Celtic Trader

10-14-10, 05:30 PM   #117
silvermeteor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cata Support = Donation

I have used Carbonite for some time now and been one of those standing on the sidelines who had benefited but not donated.

Then the most recent patch hit and I was suddenly reminded just how much I use this addon. I use it for questing and I love the routing for my mining. Fact is, I can't seem to get much done without it.

So I was very pleased to note that you plan to continue support for it in the new content. I was so pleased that I was motivated to donate.

Thank you for all of your effort.

A Satisfied user!

PS - I just donated. Thanks again for your work and dedication.

Last edited by silvermeteor : 10-14-10 at 05:35 PM.

10-14-10, 05:31 PM   #118
ucdavew
A Murloc Raider
Faatal - please know that for every jerk like that using Carbonite, there are hundreds of us that TRULY appreciate that you are taking time out of your personal life, and your other personal projects, to make sure that Carbonite is working for us. I freely admit I am quite completely addicted to the addon that you have put countless weeks of work into, and as soon as I have any extra cash on hand will be donating to... you work, you deserve compensation, and at least for now you have my appreciation a thousand times over.

I anxiously look forward to benefiting from your hard work, and cannot begin to appropriately express how much I personally appreciate that work. Though I am in no way a coder, let me know if there is anything *I* can do to help.

10-14-10, 05:32 PM   #119
Ulkterna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
*Hides you and sprays you with anti troll spray* I am a Prist, I am a Disp priest, my Peneance is off of Cooldown beware!

Did you see my Offer? if not could you check it out and get back to me thanks?

10-14-10, 05:34 PM   #120
Armethyst
A Defias Bandit
Cool

I'd like to say this is so very awesome.
just following the read of everyone, meeting, and getting to know some of you by reading.
We have amazing people here.. Ehm... *cough* and seems like a few trolls too

In Any case, Faatal, Havok(if your reading this) your work is deeply appriciated.
i admire that addon and can't play without it(as sad as it may seem, its the simple truth.)
i'm sitting pationetly watching,waiting, following the threads and forum, also donation, lets not forget that (heh..)
and Faatal for what you said about the iphone project, i'd be happy to hear about it if possible, sounds interesting =) (i, myself is into iphones a little..)

Good luck champs =)
Regards,
Armethyst, -Emerald Dreams

Last edited by Armethyst : 10-14-10 at 05:36 PM. Reason: few spelling mistakes ;)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carb in Cataclysm *CONFIRMED*