10-14-10, 05:43 PM   #121
WoWaddict86
A Murloc Raider
I just wanna say thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to update Carbonite. It is by far the best addon I have used in World of Warcraft.

10-14-10, 05:53 PM   #122
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
I really feel like doing something violent involving reaching through my monitor right now...
But instead I will just say, "The Three Stooges have returned, ladies and gentlemen. And they are Trolls! Let's give them a big hand! They'll be here all week! Two shows on Sunday!"

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

10-14-10, 06:00 PM   #123
flamefangahs
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by aessedai View Post
Hey Flamefangahs : Whaaaa! I have a family and a job too. That isn't an excuse for holding a hand out for donations for a product that is not made available. No one is disputing that Carbonite wasn't the best at what it did. The key word now though is "was." Until it is working again your excuses about the authors being two people with families isn't going to get me to click the donate button that is still alive and functional.

WoW 4.0.1 has been in beta for quite a while. There has been plenty of time for the authors to tag team on this project and test it, just like the authors of other addons who also have families, but still got their addons out there on patch day without any excuses or claims of being blind sided by a patch that even my dog knew was coming.

So now we hear from one of the authors that he may have a beta out today, if that can be believed, then how is it possible to get a beta out in one day, but family life has kept two people from making any progress for the last 6 months?

Stop making excuses. Fact : Carbonite doesn't work now.

Time to find something else. If Carbonite does get updated, then great, because it "was" the best addon of its class and worthy of donations if it is supported.

The question now is whether or not the authors consider it worthwhile to support. Either they will support it and not make any excuses in which case they can expect donations, which in turn will make family life even better, especially come Christmas time, or they won't support it, won't get donations, and will spend all of their quality time sitting around the fireplace with the family saying to themselves, "hmmmmm, sitting with the family sure is nice. Group hug guys. I wonder how things are going in Azeroth these days?"
Dude, 4.0.1 went live 2 days ago! Carbonite has only been down for 2 days. The developers found out Carbonite was broke, and went to work to fix it. Yet you still want to b**** p*** and moan because it's not working when YOU would like it to work. They put a lot of man hours into writing Carbonite and it shows by how well the add on works. They deserve compensation and since blizzards EULA restricts developers from requiring payment for use of the app, donations are the only other way to receive said compensation.

Like I said before, if you don't like the way Carbonite and it's developers does business... find another addon. That just means one less troll on the forums.

10-14-10, 06:06 PM   #124
CrackaG
A Murloc Raider
F5 FTW every 30 min. I might even switch refreshing the page 15 min lol. Hope it gets done tonight.

10-14-10, 06:19 PM   #125
waldodamon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Celtic Trader View Post
There was an interesting point brought up about coding. I wonder how many of the users actually know what it takes to write code...I know I don't do code, I'm a hardware guy myself. But I have much respect for coders that can cut through code like a hot knife through butter. It takes a long time to learn AND be effective, in my opinion. Learning doesn't just happen over night. I mean when I was taking C in college I learned really quickly that I wasn't a programmer. It's a really painful experience to fail a class because a SINGLE Semicolon was out of place and it crashed the computer...well locked down the computer and killed the program. Grade on the final project? F...

So my question is simple. All the people making complaints that the software isn't ready yet...How fast can you go through what could potentially be thousands of lines of code, correct it, and then recompile it so that it works with a brand new set of instructions from a patch that's going to completely change the way the original program works?

Just a thought
Celtic Trader
It takes lots and lots of testing, then lots and lots of writing, then lots and lots of testing, then lots and lots of editing, more writing, rinse and repeat.

I have not programmed in years, mostly using Visual Basic to hybrid with Unix Systems. Aint no easy task..........

10-14-10, 06:23 PM   #126
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Lol at the anti-troll posts.

News:
Social window is fixed. Removed guild tab, since has own window.
Whisper to player using map icon menu fixed.
Guide seems OK. Fixed one error. Testing.
More quest log testing. OK.

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 10-14-10 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Spelling

10-14-10, 06:25 PM   #127
mccompunerd
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks for the update and keep up the hard work. Actually found some spare $$ and donated earlier today. Hope to see the addon back in action soon, but know how coding out errors takes time.

10-14-10, 06:26 PM   #128
zanidis
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
We have full time jobs and lives and knew Cataclysm was on Dec 7, which was our target date. I put my current iPhone project on hold to deal with the patch 4.0 problems, because we don't like Carbonite broken either.
This is very true and most of the kiddies that play wow don't understand how ppl live cos they still live at home with their moms. u guys have made a brill addon and have made the lives of many wow players much easier with this. thanks for this addon and i look forward to an update wen eva it arrives.

10-14-10, 06:30 PM   #129
grimmier
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Last edited by carboniteaddon : Today at 06:24 PM. Reason: Spelling
perfectionist to a T.

Love it, keep up the great work.

10-14-10, 06:38 PM   #130
ucdavew
A Murloc Raider
Ya know I love the updates! But it's getting me more happy excited than a squirrel gettin' up the fence 'round a nut farm.

10-14-10, 06:41 PM   #131
Drano
A Murloc Raider

Just like the others that can't live without this addon, I have been patiently waiting and checking back to see how its going. Among other addons like Xperl that aren't working correctly, it just takes time for things to get ironed out. I have been playing since vanilla WoW and every one of these major patches or expansions it is expected that addons won't work correctly. Even if there are some updated that day of release they still are buggy. It's because of Blizzard making the changes that are needed for expansion. I am more worried about redoing my talents, regemming, new enchants, and new gear for all my toons. Addons are secondary concern and I appreciate all the work that goes into making them.

Cheers and keep up the great work!

Drano - Antonidas US

10-14-10, 06:55 PM   #132
Carenia
A Kobold Labourer
... alright.

*Waits patiently for Carbonite to be finished.*
.__. Stop whining. Stop complaining. And stop fussing. He's working on it either way and it should be up tonight or tomorrow. In a week, when carbonite is back up and everyone can play WoW safely again, you will have all forgotten about the fact that Carbonite was late by 3 days and how rude you all were. They went out of their way to even make it, so be thankful it even exists.
And for christ's sake, have some respect for the creators.

10-14-10, 06:58 PM   #133
ethanchan
A Defias Bandit
Thank You

authors of carbonite,
I for one just want to say thank you for your time and to the ungrateful meatheads that do nothing but B@*@H whine and complain, learn how to create one and do it yourself. I for one will be donating come payday. I am a new player and from the begining I have used carbonite. I love the features and while people complain about this glitch or that glitch I have found that non of them have taken away from my game experiance as much as carbonite has added to it so for that I say bravo and again, thank you. I look forward to your patch version. For this player, wow would not be as much fun without it.

ethanchan

10-14-10, 06:59 PM   #134
Siinthera
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i'm patiently awaiting on an updated version of Carb myself. i think the Devs of Carb deserve a lot of praise for their hard work. i don't know what i'd do without Carbonite as it's far better than all those other quest/map addons. i like hearing that voice saying when the quest is completed, it's a very good feature & i hope that remains. i must admit, i am one of those "lurkers" but i just had to register to have my say on a wonderful addon. keep up the good work Haavok & Faatal!

10-14-10, 07:02 PM   #135
blc1973
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Catraxe View Post
Very witty! If only I could be entertained by writing such as this throughout my stays in Azeroth! Huzzah to the brave and bright humour writer!
Thank you good sir for your lofty comment on my work! The news did make me happy and my bowels did stir in victory! Ah the scent of victory rarely smells so sweet! (Of course I did eat taco bell last night) But never fear, I do consent to a courtesy flush so as to not overwhelm the senses! I was overcome with great joy at learning my beloved add-on was to once again grace the World of Warcraft ; that I did feel the need to lament you with my tale. As for this writing I have no defense.. I just feel compelled to say the word TESTICLE! (I am deeply sorry. My therapist has informed me that my illness has a habit of taking over at inopportune times. Sadly in other forums I am known only as Testicle Girl. I suffer from testicle Tourette syndrome.) With that sad note.. I am off.
P.s. I must inform the member that found it in their heart to speak ill of me….. Yes I did find you a skin flavored flute reed…. Its ready for you to pick anytime! Tee hee!

10-14-10, 07:27 PM   #136
Literaltruth
A Murloc Raider
Thanks a lot for updating. I'm one of the ones cheering you on with cash (just donated for the first time). Like many others I've realised how big a deal Carbonite is to my enjoyment of the game and I'm thrilled you're fixing it.

10-14-10, 07:42 PM   #137
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

News:

Fixed all errors I could find, so we are doing an hour of testing and then release if no nasty problems are found.

Map detail graphics when you zoom in are missing. Will wait after the 4.0001 beta to fix since the data tables are big. Lots of find/copy/paste.

Minimap glowing nodes enabled distorts the minimap icons. Fixing art later.

10-14-10, 07:49 PM   #138
mrprius
A Murloc Raider
News:

Fixed all errors I could find, so we are doing an hour of testing and then release if no nasty problems are found.

Map detail graphics when you zoom in are missing. Will wait after the 4.0001 beta to fix since the data tables are big. Lots of find/copy/paste.

Minimap glowing nodes enabled distorts the minimap icons. Fixing art later.
Thats great News
now we all can use the godfather of all addons again

10-14-10, 07:53 PM   #139
Cognatii
A Defias Bandit

Thumbs up

So, I have been playing wow for about 6 months. I joined because someone invited me for the refer-a-friend goodies. He set me up immediately with Carbonite and Bartender. I teamed up with one of his characters till we were both lvl 80, and have 6 alts on the same realm besides (couple in 30's, several in 20's).
Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that 'you don't know what you have until it's gone'. I firmly support that sentiment.

I had no idea that the 4.x update even existed, since I was working out-of-town for the last 2 weeks, so when I went to login an hour before dailies reset, of course the patch started. Took all my play-time. Later that night, I logged in, and right away I see that everything was wrong.

I was staring at a default interface.
In horror.
That interface is broken in so many ways. Not to mention all the re-spec'ing i need to do, arrrrgh.

Yeah. I love Carbonite. Never knew I even liked the thing, till I had to try walking without it. I consider WoW to be broken if Carbonite isn't working. Actually, I wonder if WoW is an addon to Carbonite ...
Kudos to the both of you, and thank you for this awesome game-making addon.

10-14-10, 08:09 PM   #140
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I'm back. What'd I miss?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carb in Cataclysm *CONFIRMED*