twobits
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Mmm, hypocrisy at it's best.
Its Phanx you have to expect that.

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Clearly that was a typo. /cast Banish Troll
What anyone else types can't be understood, what they type, clearly this and that... amazing. Wonder if they just banished themselves?

They are not the same at all. FuBar is a single display addon with its own API that plugins must use. The API and the display are the same thing; if you use FuBar, you have FuBar and some plugins written using the FuBar API. By contrast, it makes no sense to say "I use LibDataBroker" because LibDataBroker is simply a tiny library stub that does nothing on its own. Trying to compare a functional addon like FuBar to an abstract API like LibDataBroker is apples and oranges.
And yet, they do have parts that are substitutes for each other and like most substitutes you can compare and contrast them.

x , or 42 seems a good quantification for them also,.

In this case, you could compare the overhead of the ldb vs the fubarplugin lib and then scale it by N plug ins and do a comparision, sure it may not match the title exactly, but with a little ability to think past the 'typos' you can get the drift of the question.

Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
On a completely unrelated and random note ... whoever said you can't compare apples and oranges is dumb.

I sure can compare the 2! For example apples are usually red or green while orange are orange. :P

Indeed, compare and contrast at least. I am hungry, the apple has a worm, and costs x, the orange is frozen and cost y, by some process I pick which I get if I only have the cash for one of them.

Last edited by twobits : 01-16-09 at 08:56 PM.

01-16-09, 10:02 PM   #22
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
*ahem* apparently this is going nowhere but down in flames. Answers were posted, this thread will be locked. Please keep the forums civil, else we may have to handle things on a one-on-one basis.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Broker vs. Fubar performance?