SethForsaken
A Defias Bandit
Help on making a UI Skin

I just started with this whole thing but so far I have this skin down
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...saken/UIII.jpg
but I resized it to multiples of two like the Discord Tutorial says and got
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ken/UIFF-1.png
which looks semi worse but is supposed to be necissairy

I also have them seperated into little parts for what I wanted them for (and saved):
(In order from left to right) Minimap, (lol) Extra box, Battle stats for yourself (only three bars Health Mana and for rogues a nother combo point ticker (yes im a rogue), chat box (and under it your #1 action bar), battle stats for your target (health and mana), action bars and items.

So I just need to know how to actually make it work, so i can apply it to my WoW I will make my own edits to the graphics if and (more than likely) when needed. Though if you have any critiquing please tell me in a rational ways.

But yeah like I said I can make the stuff but I dont know how to insert it into my UI skins or how to change the format to TGA or w/e and I have Photoshop 7, and I'm not so sure about the opaquing and transparent technique. So yeah just help me out here lol =]

*edit*
(The second one looks worse than the first but I was just following the tutorial if there is any way to keep the first one please tell me becuase I'd rather be known to make good UI skins lol..)

Last edited by SethForsaken : 11-05-06 at 08:58 PM.
11-06-06, 07:14 AM   #2
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have a pretty decent Photoshop Tutorial at http://www.discordmods.com/cgi-bin/s...ifty&msgnum=38 with pretty pictures. Using CS2 but you should be able to use it. Hope it helps.
11-06-06, 05:21 PM   #3
SethForsaken
A Defias Bandit
Well I did all that but how do I like.. well seeing as I can move anything I just want to know how to put it in my screen in game and Ill just edit it from there
11-06-06, 08:18 PM   #4
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SethForsaken
Well I did all that but how do I like.. well seeing as I can move anything I just want to know how to put it in my screen in game and Ill just edit it from there
I use Discord Art to add textures and move them. Good way to learn is to download it and dive in. Make sure to get the beta version on the website.

Of course when BC comes out it will be replaced witih Discord UI Builder.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Help on making a UI Skin